This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
My Chocolate Muffins have just three ingredients, are so easy to make, and taste amazing! Rich chocolate muffins with a hint of pumpkin and lots of chocolate chips are perfect for snacks and breakfast. They’re so good they even pass the kid test!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Muffins that taste like Brownies
These Pumpkin Brownie Muffins have only 3 ingredients and taste like the most chocolatey breakfast you’ll ever try.
I think my most favorite thing about these chocolate muffins is that they are the perfect excuse to have chocolate for breakfast. I mean, is there anything better?
They are so easy – three ingredients easy – and taste like the most chocolaty breakfast you’ll ever try. It’s probably not a secret what the three ingredients are – the title pretty much gives it away.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Muffins
So, they may not look like it but these are actually better chocolate muffins because you don’t add things like oil, eggs, or milk. Pumpkin puree takes the place of those ingredients and so they’re a lot lighter than a regular muffin.
- Chocolate Cake Mix – any brand
- Pumpkin Puree – not pumpkin pie mix
- Chocolate Chips – which are optional
If you’re worried, let me reassure you – you cannot taste the pumpkin at all. They’ve passed multiple kid tests with flying colors and my daughter, who can detect a healthy swap a mile away, couldn’t tell they were made with pumpkin. She loves them even after I spilled the beans about the secret ingredient.
These easy muffins are rich, dense and so chocolaty.
How to make Easy Chocolate Muffins
3 ingredient Chocolate Muffins with Pumpkin
- 1 box approximately 18 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 can 15 ounces pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with liners and spray well with nonstick cooking spray, or skip the liners and grease the muffin pans well.
- Stir cake mix and pumpkin in a large bowl until combined. Mixture will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin liners 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle each muffin with more chocolate chips (optional). Bake for 12-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool at least 5 minutes before eating.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month.
Last Updated on September 30, 2023