Easy Meatball Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Just 4 ingredients in this EASY Meatball Casserole recipe! It’s on the table in under 30 minutes and is the perfect weeknight meal!
If you are looking for a recipe with a short prep time that’s perfect to feed a big family or take to a friend, this is the dinner for you.
When I was describing this dish to a friend she told me, “Oh yeah, we call those dinners Stupid Easy Meals because they’re so easy it’s almost silly to call them a recipe!” Sometimes, this kind of a meal is something you need, right?
When your day has you craving comfort food.
When you are rushed for time or have leftover pasta.
When you’re making a casserole for a crowd, or for when a friend needs a meal.
This easy Meatball Casserole recipe is perfect for any and all of those times. With just 4 ingredients you can make this recipe from scratch or semi-homemade. It feeds a lot of people and tastes SO GOOD!
Stupid Easy just because Genius Easy, if you ask me!
An Easy Meatball Casserole is a simple dump and bake dinner recipe with just 4 ingredients!
I made this casserole times two for two friends who needed meals. Bringing a meal to a friend is the least I can do in hard times, and I want what I bring to last, and even maybe be freezable. That’s another great thing about this dish: I freeze leftovers. (YES, you can freeze pasta! I do it all the time.)
Also, if you’ve been working a long day and then need to feed your daughter and her friends and all their friends, this is a great dump and bake meatball casserole recipe.
And all that cheese on top…heaven.
This recipe Easy Meatball Casserole recipe has 4 components:
- Pasta. I love using rotini, penne, bowtie or shell pasta, because those are my favorites to eat. I also tend to buy whole wheat or 50/50 pasta, but you can use whatever kind of pasta you like.
- Meatballs. I love using frozen meatballs (especially Italian meatballs) – and I always have at least a bag in my freezer for snacks and meals – but you can also use homemade turkey meatballs.
- Pasta Sauce. Again, you can use your favorite jarred sauce if you’re doing this in a hurry. Use any flavor or brand, but if you happen to have some of my Crockpot Tomato Sauce in your freezer, you can use that too.
- CHEESE. It wouldn’t be complete without a healthy dose of mozzarella cheese!
It’s a meatball pasta casserole everyone will love.
Basically, you dump it all into a pan and bake it. Then eat or serve, easy peasy.
- 1 pound pasta — your choice, I like penne or rotini
- 1 pound frozen meatballs
- 6 cups Crockpot Marinara sauce or your favorite jarred sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in boiling water just a few minutes less than called for on the package. Since you’ll be baking this you want the pasta a bit more al dente than if you were to just eat it straight from boiling. Drain well.
- Pour pasta into a casserole dish (9”x13” pan size). Top with frozen meatballs and sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake casserole about 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 /6 recipe) — Calories: 774, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 91mg, Sodium: 1585mg, Carbohydrates: 223g, Fiber: 88g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 29g
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**