This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a fast dinner? My Easy Teriyaki Meatballs are the perfect 30 minute meal when you’re in a hurry – but you can also make them in a slow cooker as an appetizer. Teriyaki meatballs with pineapple is my favorite 3 ingredient recipe!
My favorite sauce is already thickened and perfectly sweet with all that flavor you expect from an Asian-inspired meal. Plus it’s SO easy to make this into a simple dinner – or appetizer – in under 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
30 Minute Teriyaki Meatballs
I was a really picky kid growing up but there were a few meals I looked forward to and one of them was anything with teriyaki. My mom would toss pork chops in teriyaki sauce before stir frying and she’d also make a homemade teriyaki sauce with breaded chicken and pineapple.
Why you’ll love this recipe
3 Ingredient Teriyaki Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs – Use your favorite brand. We love Trader Joe’s meatballs but any frozen meatball works.
- Teriyaki Sauce – I like getting the thicker teriyaki sauce. They sell two kinds: one that is thin like vinegar and one that is thick. You can use either, but the thicker one creates more of a glaze.
- Pineapple Chunks or Tidbits: Get the ones packed in juice, not syrup.
Frozen meatballs make this three ingredient recipe done in under 30 minutes!
How to make Teriyaki Meatballs
- Add your frozen meatballs to the pan along with a bit of the pineapple juice. Cook until the meatballs are thawed.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and cook until hot.
- Add the drained pineapple chunks and cook until warmed through.
- Make sure to cook the meatballs in a single layer for best results.
- Don’t add the sauce until the meatballs are mostly thawed.
- You can swap sugar-free teriyaki sauce.
Once the meatballs are thawed cook the meatballs in the sauce until hot.
Yes you can omit the pineapple chunks if you’re not into that in your meal. I do recommend using a bit of water or pineapple juice when cooking these on the stove so that the sauce doesn’t burn.
Absolutely! I have my favorite turkey meatball recipe and you can make the meatballs from that recipe to use in this one.
Easy Teriyaki Meatballs
- 1 32 ounce package frozen meatballs
- 1 14 ounce jar P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Teriyaki Sauce for Dipping Cooking & Marinating
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits in juice
- Rice, optional for serving
On the stovetop (30 min meal)
- Add meatballs and teriyaki sauce to a large skillet. It's best if the meatballs are in a single layer.
- Drain pineapple but reserve juice. Add the pineapple and 1/4 cup reserved liquid to the pan with the meatballs. Stir to combine.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are hot and warmed through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve as a meal with rice and vegetable. To serve as an appetizer, place meatballs on skewers with pineapple chunks and serve hot.
In the Slow Cooker
- Add meatballs and teriyaki sauce to the liner of a slow cooker that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Drain pineapple but reserve juice. Add the pineapple and 1/4 cup reserved liquid to the pan with the meatballs. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until hot.
- Serve as a meal with rice and vegetable or with toothpicks as an appetizer.
What to serve with teriyaki meatballs:
Use this easy recipe as an appetizer or a 30 minute meal – everyone loves teriyaki meatballs, especially the kids!
I prefer buying the P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Teriyaki Sauce because it’s so much easier! P.F. CHANG’S HOME MENU are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. This post was sponsored by Conagra in 2020, but opinions expressed are my own.
Last Updated on January 25, 2023