This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Homemade Breakfast Pizza has a from-scratch crust and is topped with cheese, bacon, and eggs. It’s such an easy breakfast or brunch, done in under 45 minutes! Homemade crust just tastes so much better than store-bought!
Recipe for Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast pizza is good for breakfast or brunch or even dinner! We love having breakfast for dinner because it mixes things up a little.
While it’s easy to order pizza in or buy a pre-made crust, it’s so much better to make your own. Do you know how simple (and tasty) it is to make homemade pizza crust? It can be done in under 30 minutes, thanks to Fleischmann’s® Yeast Rapid Rise® Yeast.
Not only do you control the ingredients when you make pizza crust at home, but it tastes better too. It’s softer and chewier and you get to control how crispy the edges get. Making dough at home has never been faster; whether you want to make dinner rolls, breadsticks, or even just white bread, baking with yeast is simple and produces a much better tasting result than if you bought something at the store.
Make a from-scratch pizza crust to make this easy homemade breakfast pizza; it’s fast and easy and so much better than store-bought.
- Pizza Crust – see below for how to make a homemade crust or use a store bought one.
- Toppings: Making a breakfast pizza has so many possibilities: use whatever toppings you love for breakfast. Our favorites are bacon and eggs.
How to make Breakfast Pizza Dough
- First, mix the dry ingredients together: 1 cup of flour, sugar, salt, and yeast
- Then, add the wet ingredients: hot water and oil. The important part about the wet ingredients is that the water must be hot (between 120°-130°F). If you have an instant read thermometer, use it to test the water. Otherwise, just think “hot bathwater” when testing it.
- Stir the mixture together until it’s a wet mixture.
- Then add more flour, just enough that it comes together in a ball. I find that adding about 1/2-3/4 cup is perfect. Stir it together until it forms a ball. It’ll be a bit sticky but not too wet.
- Then turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
- Add more flour and knead it for a few minutes, or until it forms a non-sticky ball and the dough bounces back when you touch it.
- This is where the Rapid Rise® Yeast works its magic: instead of waiting for the dough to double in size, you simply let it rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings and your oven.
- Use a piece of parchment paper and roll out the dough to a 10-12-inch rectangle. Place it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
How to make Breakfast Pizza
For a perfectly crispy and browned pizza, preheat your oven to 500°F. Place your pizza pan or pizza stone (or a rimmed baking sheet) in the oven to preheat.
- Since we’re making a breakfast pizza, you should pre-bake the crust for about 5-7 minutes. It’ll start to brown.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, then drain and crumble. Top the crust with cheese and bacon. Make 3 wells in the cheese for the eggs to lay and crack your eggs on top.
- Brush the edges with olive oil and bake until the cheese is melted and eggs are cooked through, about 5-8 more minutes.
Breakfast Pizza Tips
- Top with chives for a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Use a pre-made crust if you prefer – Pillsbury dough, or from the deli, or even Boboli or make a crescent roll pizza!
- Do you use sauce on breakfast pizza? I chose not to use pizza sauce but you could top this with my homemade pizza sauce or pesto!
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Homemade Breakfast Pizza Recipe
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 ¾ to 2 ¼ cups (217-272g) all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1 ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup (158ml) very warm water 120°-130°F
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
For the toppings:
- 5 slices center cut bacon
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 large eggs
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place pizza pan or rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; stir until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form ball and be slightly sticky. Knead dough for about 4 minutes on a floured surface, until it is smooth and elastic. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, cook the bacon to very crisp. Drain and crumble.
- Stretch and pat dough with floured hands to a 10 to 12-inch circle. Place on parchment paper. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, top with crumbled bacon, and crack the eggs over the top. Note: when cracking the eggs, create little wells of cheese so the egg has a place to sit. Brush the edges of the crust with olive oil.
- Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes (or until eggs are done to desired consistency and crust is golden).
- Garnish with chives, slice, and serve while hot.
Other Delicious Yeast Recipes
The 30-minute pizza crust recipe can also be found on Breadworld.com! Fleischmann’s® Rapid Rise® Yeast sponsored this post in 2020. It gets the job done fast, making at-home crust not just attainable but better tasting than store-bought.
Last Updated on January 16, 2023