Oreo magic bars are an easy dessert bar recipe that is loaded with white chocolate, cookies and cream mini candy bars and, of course, Oreo cookies! You can prep them in about 15 minutes and then pop them in the oven. They are perfect for anyone who loves cookies and cream.
There’s a lot to love about magic bars. They’re generally easy to make, the variations are endless and everyone loves them! I love experimenting with new recipes and these magic Oreo bars are a new obsession. Some people call them black magic bars, but whatever you call them everyone agrees – they are amazing.
They’re basically Oreo cookie bars with condensed milk and a few other sweet ingredients. If you love cookies and cream you will love these treats!
Table of Contents
What are Magic Bars?
A classic magic cookie bar, also known as dolly bars, usually has multiple layers and are made with condensed milk. I have countless recipes on my site because once you know how to make a basic recipe you can easily customize it and switch it up so many ways.
These magic bars with Oreos have four layers:
- Cookies and cream crust
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped Hershey’s cookies and cream bars
- Sweetened condensed milk
Super Easy Cookie Crust
The easiest way to make the crust is with a food processor. Just pulse the cookies until they bread down into crumbs then mix them with melted butter.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can place the cookies in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. It’s a good stress reliever!
Once you’ve mixed in the butter all you have to do is press the mixture into the bottom of your baking pan.
Assemble the Rest of the Layers
- Spread the white chocolate chips and chopped Hershey’s bars over the crust.
- Coarsely chop some more Oreo cookies. I like to keep them in bigger chunks – you don’t need to finely chop them. Sprinkle them over the top of the white chocolate and candy bars.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes and cool them completely before serving.
I told you it was easy! After they’ve baked and cooled, they have all of those sweet layers on top of the cookie crust. They are the ultimate cookies and cream bar.
Not a fan of white chocolate? You can substitute milk chocolate chips and regular Hershey bars if you want them extra chocolatey!
Or, you can do a combination of regular chocolate and white chocolate, so feel free to experiment.
How to Store Cookies ‘n Cream Bars
Once they are cooled, they will keep in an airtight container for several days.
You can also freeze them! Slice them and then place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then, once they’re frozen, you can keep them in a freezer container or bag for several months.
Freezing them in a single layer first will prevent any sticking – if you just pile them in the container they will stick and freeze together.
Make these Oreo Dessert Bars when you’re Feeding a Crowd!
They are rich and sweet so a little goes a long way! I love making these for events like potlucks, parties, and BBQs because they stretch to serve a crowd.
I hope you love this recipe – enjoy!
Other Bar Recipes
- Monster Magic Bars
- Lemon Gooey Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Magic Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Gooey Bars
- Oreo Gooey Bars
Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- 1 14 ounce package Oreos divided
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 11-12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 4 Hershey’s Cookies ‘n Cream bars chopped
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9×13” pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Finely crush 20 Oreos in a food processor. Mix with melted butter and press into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped Hershey bars evenly over the top of the crust. Coarsely chop the remaining Oreos and sprinkle them over the top of the candy. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the top of the bars.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until edges begin to brown slightly. Cool Completely before cutting.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Oreo Magic Bars are an easy 7 layer bar recipe made with Oreos! Cookies ‘n Cream Bars have an Oreo crust and layers of white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk – this is the BEST magic bar recipe!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: March 25, 2020