This EASY No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake is full of peanut butter flavor with a chocolate cookie crust! It’s a simple recipe with easy ingredients. It’s an absolutely delicious cheesecake recipe!
This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
I really do feel like I should have named my blog Crazy for Peanut Butter because I think I have more peanut butter recipes on this site than any other. We go through peanut butter at an absurdly fast rate because both Mel and I love to snack on it. I will say, however, that he’s even more in love than I am. If you’ve followed me for any length of time you’ll know he only eats two kinds of desserts I make: peanut butter desserts and carrot cake. Seriously: that’s it. All the other dessert recipes he just ignores!
He is so in love with peanut butter that he has his own mega-size jar in the pantry. It’s “super chunk” and I’ll know he’s out when I see him grab the creamy jar. When that happens I have to make sure and quickly buy more or my baking stock will be depleted within days. Did you know that peanut butter is a versatile and affordable ingredient that can be added to meals and snacks for a nutritious boost? It has eight grams of protein, two grams of filling fiber, and 12 grams of unsaturated fat in each two tablespoon serving!
(I’ve been using a tablespoon of peanut butter as my dessert lately just before my eating window ends at 7:00pm and it’s fantastic for keeping me satisfied and feeling like I’m having a treat!)
If you’re a peanut butter lover like we are then make sure you check out some of my favorites: peanut butter cookies, peanut butter pie, peanut butter bars and soooo many more. And now – now we can add a No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake to the list!
This No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust and a creamy peanut butter filling. Then I topped it with melted peanut butter to make it even more indulgent!
After I posted that no bake cheesecake last month I knew I was going to make even more just like it, in different flavors. It’s the easiest cheesecake recipe ever and it tastes just like a baked cheesecake but creamier – and it’s easier to make.
Obviously, peanut butter was the FIRST variation because, hello, peanut butter lovers over here!
I’m promising you that making this peanut butter cheesecake couldn’t be easier.
How do you make a peanut butter no bake cheesecake?
First, you mix three (8-ounce) blocks of cream cheese with some of your favorite peanut butter. I like to use creamy peanut butter in my recipes but you can use what you like. My favorite brand has a “natural” version that is no-stir which works best in recipes like this.
Simply mix those together until they’re creamy.
Once there aren’t any lumps from the cream cheese and peanut butter, you can add the powdered sugar and vanilla. That’s all that really goes into the bulk of this no bake cheesecake recipe!
The last ingredient gives it the stability, fluff, and creaminess: heavy whipping cream.
Add the heavy whipping cream slowly while mixing and the peanut butter cheesecake mixture will get a bit fluffy and thick. There’s really no guesswork in this cheesecake – it’s totally foolproof!
- TIP: make sure your heavy whipping cream is at least 35% fat. Don’t use plain whipping cream or milk or it might not set up properly.
Once the cheesecake mixture is finished you have to add it to the prepared crust. I absolutely love using a chocolate cookie crust for this recipe, but you could also substitute peanut butter sandwich cookies for a full on peanut butter cheesecake!
Chill until set – which doesn’t take very long – and then you can finish it off with some whipped cream and more peanut butter. I drizzled some melted peanut butter and hot fudge on top for garnish.
This dessert is one of those things that’s total kryptonite for me: I will ignore everything and just sit down with the pan and a fork. I ate a slice to “test” it out and then made sure to give it away.
The creamy peanut butter cheesecake filling is sweet but just right, fluffy from the heavy whipping cream, and pairs perfectly with the chocolate crust.
Now it’s your turn to spread the peanut butter love. Share your favorite peanut butter recipe in the comments and on social media with the hashtag #HowDoYouPB and visit here for even more peanut butter recipes for every occasion.
Tips for making this easy no-bake peanut butter cheesecake:
- Use creamy or crunchy peanut butter but be sure to use a mixed version (not one you have to stir).
- Be sure to use heavy whipping cream for best results.
- Use a springform pan.
- Feel free to make a chocolate cookie crust OR use peanut butter sandwich cookies instead (or use peanut butter filled chocolate sandwich cookies!)
If you love peanut butter, be sure to try these recipes:
- Peanut Butter Gooey Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake Roll
- BEST Peanut Butter Cookies EVER
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies leave the cream inside
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3 8-ounce blocks (24 ounces total) cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream see note
- Hot fudge and melted peanut butter for garnish
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor. You want a fine crumb.
- Stir melted butter into chocolate sandwich cookies crumbs with a fork until all are moistened. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill until filling is done.
- Beat room temperature cream cheese and peanut butter with a hand or a stand mixer until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and then slowly add the whipping cream while mixing. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form (the cheesecake will stand up when you move the mixer).
- Spread cheesecake into prepared pan. Chill at least one hour before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream before serving, optional.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: May 28, 2019