A No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert is the perfect way to celebrate summer! With an Oreo crust, a no bake cheesecake center and a cherry pie filling on top this is the best dessert for a potluck. I love that this recipe for cherry cheesecake is NO BAKE!
This post was originally sponsored by Challenge Dairy; I used their cream cheese in the filling and butter in the crust of these cherry cheesecake bars and we loved every bite!
Table of Contents
BEST No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe – NO FAIL
This easy Cherry Cheesecake Dessert is no bake and screams summer to me with all those cherries on top – it’s the best and easiest cheesecake recipe!
My classic Oreo crust is the bottom layer – works every time! The cream cheese is mixed with cool whip, which creates a creamy no-fail cheesecake. And the top is cherry pie filling, which you can make from scratch or use semi-homemade.
No matter what you call it: cherry cheesecake surprise, delight, lush, or dream dessert, it’s easy, foolproof and so, so good.
How to make Cherry Cheesecake Recipe Video
What is No Bake Cherry Cheesecake?
With three delicious layers, this dessert is pure heaven.
- Oreo Crust
- No bake cheesecake with cool whip
- Cherry pie filling
It’s a simple dessert recipe that’s put together in just minutes!
Ingredients in my Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
Normal recipes like this come with a graham cracker or similar kind of crust. I decided to go with a chocolate cookie crust because chocolate and cherry go so well together.
- Oreos – to make your chocolate crust – no need to remove the filling
- Butter: be sure and use Challenge Butter to make the crust. Challenge Butter is the only dairy product company that controls the whole process when it comes to making its butter, from milking the cows to transporting milk, to making butter to packaging. Plus, as you all know, Challenge Butter is a product I’ve used my entire life. It’s from a cooperative of California family-owned dairies and is the 2nd largest butter brand in the country. (You can find it nationally!)
- Cream Cheese – The key to making a no bake cheesecake filling is being sure that your cream cheese is room temperature to avoid lumps in your filling. Enter: Challenge Cream Cheese.
- Sugar – for sweetness in the no bake cheesecake
- Whipped Topping – for fluffiness
- Vanilla – for flavor
- Cherry Pie Filling – use a can from the store or make your own.
I absolutely love Challenge cream cheese. For one, it’s made right; the old-fashioned way, from the freshest milk from happy cows. But my favorite part about it is that it’s softer than the rest so it takes less time to soften on the counter. This makes it perfect for no-bake desserts like this No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert!
(Their whipped cream cheese is ah-mazing too. We use it daily on bagels and crackers.)
How to make No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This simple three layer dessert really is the best and easiest way to make a no bake dessert for a crowd. It’s like a classic cherry cheesecake recipe but with a chocolate cookie crust!
1. Make Crust: Melt your butter and Oreos and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch square pan.
Want to make your cherry cheesecake dessert in a 9×13-inch pan? Just double the recipe!
2. Make the filling: Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature and your whipped topping is thawed. Mix the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth then fold in whipped cream.
3. Cherries: Top with cherry pie filling, then chill to set.
By using cherry pie filling, cream cheese, and cool whip you have an easy dessert that will feed a crowd all summer long!
FAQ and Tips
- Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature so you don’t have lumps!
- You can use fresh whipped cream – about 3 cups whipped – in place of the cool whip.
- Use my homemade cherry pie filling if you don’t want to use canned.
It will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes – double and make it in a 9×13-inch pan.
Yes – make as written and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
Because this has whipped topping you can freeze it – without the pie filling on top for best thawing results.
No bake cheesecake is fluffier than baked, but it should become solid enough to slice. It may need to be chilled longer, or if it’s made with fresh whipped cream it may have broken – and the result is too liquid.
This is a nice thick cheesecake that will set in less than 2 hours.
Other No Bake Desserts made with Challenge Dairy:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- 20 Oreo Cookies crushed with filling
- 4 tablespoons (57g) Challenge unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces (225g) Challenge Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup (113g) powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 container
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling
- Stir cookies and melted butter in small bowl with a fork until all cookies are moistened with butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Use a hand mixer to mix powdered sugar into cream cheese until combined. Mix in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
- Spread filling on top of chilled crust. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Chill until set, at least one hour, before serving.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert Lasagna is an easy no bake dessert recipe perfect for a potluck! It has an Oreo crust, no bake cheesecake filling and cherry pie filling on top. This dessert lush is the perfect summer recipe!
Last Updated on March 8, 2022
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: May 17, 2021