A No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert is the perfect way to celebrate summer! With an Oreo crust, a no bake cheesecake center and a cherry pie filling on top this is the best dessert for a potluck.
This post is sponsored by Challenge Dairy; I used their cream cheese in the filling and butter in the crust of these cherry cheesecake bars and we loved every bite!
What is the Best Tasting Cheesecake?
This easy Cherry Cheesecake Dessert is no bake and screams summer to me with all those cherries on top – it’s the best and easiest cheesecake recipe!
When looking for a fun recipe that satisfies both of those requirements, this one is for you. No bake desserts are perfect for summer and these layered dessert recipes are the best for potlucks, don’t you think?
Really, all three of these layers are heaven, don’t you think? I had to re-home this dessert the second I made it because I knew I would attack it with a fork. There’s something about no bake cheesecake and Oreo crust that I just can’t get enough of. Add pie filling on top and well, enough said!!
There are lots of ways to make a cherry cheesecake lush like this. I’ve seen it made with graham cracker crust, vanilla wafers, and even with shortbread crust. You can make it with heavy cream or whipped topping, pudding mix or just plain with cream cheese. I like this the simple way: with a cookie crust and a no-bake cheesecake filling.
No matter what you call it: cherry cheesecake surprise, delight, lush, or dream dessert, it’s easy, foolproof and so, so good.
What is this Cherry Cheesecake?
With three delicious layers, this dessert is pure heaven.
- Oreo Crust
- No bake cheesecake with cool whip
- Cherry pie filling
It’s a simple dessert recipe that’s put together in just minutes!
Ingredients in my Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
Normal recipes like this come with a graham cracker or similar kind of crust. I decided to go with a chocolate cookie crust because chocolate and cherry go so well together.
- Oreos – to make your chocolate crust – no need to remove the filling
- Butter: be sure and use Challenge Butter to make the crust. Challenge Butter is the only dairy product company that controls the whole process when it comes to making its butter, from milking the cows to transporting milk, to making butter to packaging. Plus, as you all know, Challenge Butter is a product I’ve used my entire life. It’s from a cooperative of California family-owned dairies and is the 2nd largest butter brand in the country. (You can find it nationally!)
- Cream Cheese – The key to making a no bake cheesecake filling is being sure that your cream cheese is room temperature to avoid lumps in your filling. Enter: Challenge Cream Cheese.
- Sugar – for sweetness in the no bake cheesecake
- Whipped Topping – for fluffiness
- Vanilla – for flavor
- Cherry Pie Filling – use a can from the store or make your own.
I absolutely love Challenge cream cheese. For one, it’s made right; the old-fashioned way, from the freshest milk from happy cows. But my favorite part about it is that it’s softer than the rest so it takes less time to soften on the counter. This makes it perfect for no-bake desserts like this No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert!
(Their whipped cream cheese is ah-mazing too. We use it daily on bagels and crackers.)
How to make No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This simple three layer dessert really is the best and easiest way to make a no bake dessert for a crowd. It’s like a classic cherry cheesecake recipe but with a chocolate cookie crust!
1. Make Crust: Melt your butter and Oreos and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch square pan.
Want to make your cherry cheesecake dessert in a 9×13-inch pan? Just double the recipe!
2. Make the filling: Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature and your whipped topping is thawed. Mix the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth then fold in whipped cream.
3. Cherries: Top with cherry pie filling, then chill to set.
By using cherry pie filling, cream cheese, and cool whip you have an easy dessert that will feed a crowd all summer long!
Other No Bake Desserts made with Challenge Dairy:
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- 20 Oreo Cookies crushed with filling
- 4 tablespoons Challenge unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 container
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling
- Stir cookies and melted butter in small bowl with a fork until all cookies are moistened with butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Use a hand mixer to mix powdered sugar into cream cheese until combined. Mix in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
- Spread filling on top of chilled crust. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Chill until set, at least one hour, before serving.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: June 11, 2019