A 5-Minute Ice Cream Pie is the perfect summer dessert recipe. Simply add your favorite ice cream to your favorite crust and you have an instant easy dessert recipe for any occasion.
This post is sponsored by Mirum. All opinions are my own, and if you love ice cream then this is the recipe for you!
July is National Ice Cream Month so it’s time to get celebrating! Eating ice cream in summer is a given and making an ice cream pie is something that should be a required summer activity.
Growing up I remember walking with my parents, and then my friends, to the ice cream parlor a few blocks from my house. We’d get scoops of all different flavors, like bubble gum or butter pecan or cookies ‘n cream, but my favorite was always peanut butter. I still love peanut butter ice cream and it’s always one I gravitate too, that and cookies ‘n cream, of course.
If you’re looking to eat or make some ice cream treats this summer, be sure and visit icecreamrewards.com and check out Albertsons Ice Cream rewards program! More information is below but when you spend $20 on Unilever ice cream brands at Albertsons, you can enter to win a year’s supply of ice cream and get a $5 off reward!
Head to the store and grab a quart of ice cream to make my 5-Minute Ice Cream Pie: it’s crunchy, creamy, and sweet and perfect for National Ice Cream Month!
Since pie recipes are near and dear to my heart it was only natural for me to make an ice cream pie recipe! I especially love ice cream pie because it’s a no bake pie that only takes minutes to put together using your favorite flavors.
You only need two ingredients for this ice cream pie recipe:
- Ice Cream – use your favorite Unilever brand!
- Pie Crust – grab one at Albertsons Companies stores (like Safeway, Vons/Pavilions, Jewel-Osco, Randall’s and Tom Thumb)!
If you want to make your own pie crust, check out some of my favorites:
- Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Shortbread Crust
- Peanut Butter Cookie Crust
- All Butter Pie Crust (needs to be baked)
When you’re choosing your ice cream, head to Albertsons (or Safeway, in my case) to grab one of my favorites!
I used Breyers 2-in-1’s ice cream for this 5-minute ice cream pie recipe, but you can use whatever you like. I stocked up on all their flavors and my two favorites, go figure, are the Reese’s 2-in-1 and the Oreo/Chips Ahoy. It’s like I’m a kid again ordering peanut butter ice cream and cookies ‘n cream!
I also love the Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Core and Jordan is IN LOVE WITH the Magnum Double Tubs. (She loves squeezing the tub to make the chocolate top crackle!)
No matter what you love, Albertsons has an ice cream flavor perfect to make a 5-minute ice cream pie!
Making this pie is super simple, with only two steps:
- Put ice cream in your pie crust.
- Smoosh it to fill and refreeze.
That’s it! 5-minutes of active time and you have the perfect summer dessert to celebrate National Ice Cream Month.
Save on ice cream at Albertsons!
Ice Cream Rewards is back this summer at Albertsons. You can earn a $5 reward when you spend $20 on Unilever ice cream brands and you can be one of 21 weekly winners of a year’s supply of ice cream from your local Albertsons Companies store.
- One weekly winner will be chosen at random for 21 weeks to receive a year’s supply of free ice cream (awarded as a $250 gift card to your participating Albertsons Companies store).
- You can also SAVE by BUY, SNAP, CHOOSE!
- BUY $20 of Unilever ice cream products in one or multiple transactions. When you spend $20 you’ll receive a $5 reward.
- SNAP a photo of your receipt and upload it to icecreamrewards.com to receive your $5 reward.
- CHOOSE your $5 in rewards after uploading your receipt.
I topped my ice cream pie with hot fudge, peanut butter and whipped topping but you can use whatever you like. I think chopped candy or cookies would be fabulous too!
How are you celebrating National Ice Cream Month?
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
5-Minute Ice Cream Pie
- 1.5 quarts Breyers 2-in-1s ice cream or any Unilever brand
- 1 no bake cookie crust
- Hot fudge, candy, or whipped cream for garnish
- Place ice cream in prepared pie crust. Smush to fit. If the ice cream is too hard let it sit out for a few minutes before putting into pie crust. Refreeze before serving.
- Serve with hot fudge, peanut butter, whipped cream, or other garnish.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 1, 2019