This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is a homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Brownies recipe. It’s an easy no-churn ice cream that’s super fudgy and topped with peanut butter ice cream for the ultimate frozen dessert indulgence!
Table of Contents
Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Brownies
If you know me, you know that my favorite desserts start and end with Peanut Butter. And out of all the peanut butter dessert recipes I’ve made, this has to be my favorite one at the moment.
- Brownies: you could use a box mix or my homemade brownie mix or use my favorite brownie recipe!
- Sweetened condensed milk: all of my homemade ice cream recipes have sweetened condensed milk
- Peanut butter: make sure you’re using no-stir peanut butter to avoid the oily mess that natural peanut butter makes
- Whipped topping: or fresh whipped cream whichever one you prefer
Feel free to use a brownie mix or the recipe listed for the brownies. Make your life easier, no one will know.
How to make Brownies and Ice Cream
- Make the brownie batter according to whatever recipe you’re using.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake for 23-26 minutes until they just start to lose their glossy sheen. Cool completely.
- Stir ice cream ingredients together. Sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and whipped topping. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.
- Remove the entire sheet of brownies from the pan.
- Line the same pan with plastic wrap, making sure that the plastic overhangs the edges and that the plastic comes up the sides of the pan all the way.
- Remove the foil from the brownies and place the brownie slab carefully back in the pan, on top of the plastic.
- Spread the ice cream mixture on top of the brownie.
- Cover the ice cream mixture with plastic wrap, adding more as needed, to completely cover the ice cream layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Expert tips + variations
Yes! This no-churn ice cream with brownies recipe is so easy to change up the flavors. You can use any kind of ice cream or make your own at home without an ice cream machine.
Yes, you can.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Brownies
For the brownies:
- ½ cup (118ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup (54g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) water
- ½ cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
For the ice cream:
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons (34g) peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping or fresh whipped cream
- ¾ cup peanut butter cups chopped (about 12 miniature Reese’s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Stir oil, sugar, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and water until smooth. Stir in flour, then stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared pan and bake for 23-26 minutes until they just start to loose their glossy sheen. (I like mine a little under done.) Cool completely before continuing.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and whipped topping. Stir in peanut butter cups.
- Use foil to carefully remove the entire sheet of brownies from the pan. Line the same pan with plastic wrap, making sure that the plastic overhangs the edges and that the plastic comes up the sides of the pan all the way.
- Remove the foil from the brownies and place the brownie slab carefully back in the pan, on top of the plastic. Spread ice cream mixture on top. Wrap up the plastic wrap, adding more as needed, to completely cover the ice cream layer. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. Store in freezer.
- You may use a box mix or my homemade brownie mix for an 8×8 or 9×9 pan if you prefer.
Last Updated on June 21, 2023