This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Apple Fritter Bread is a pull apart bread made with cinnamon rolls and filled with apples! This is the perfect dessert or breakfast treat and tastes just like an apple fritter doughnut.
Breads like this are dangerous in my house – we can never stop eating it!
Apple fritters always remind me of my mom. Whenever we’d get doughnuts when I was a kid, my mom would get an apple fritter. I really didn’t get it; I preferred blueberry or maple or something with sprinkles. Apple fritters were so not me…until I became an adult.
Since I discovered my love of apple fritters, I’ve decided I want to make apple fritter all the things. I’ve made apple fritter coffee cake, apple fritter pancakes, and even apple fritter cinnamon roll bake.
Now I’m adding Apple Fritter Bread to my collection! And it’s an EASY bread recipe; only 4 ingredients needed!
Table of Contents
This Apple Fritter Bread is a pull-apart bread made with cinnamon rolls!
That’s right: I made pull-apart bread into apple fritter bread.
What is pull-apart bread?
Pull-apart bread is what it sounds like: bread that pulls apart. You can make pull apart bread from scratch or you can make it easy using canned biscuits or cinnamon rolls. I’ve made it from scratch before and it’s delicious (you make it using cinnamon roll dough) but I gotta say that using a can of refrigerated biscuits is SO MUCH EASIER.
4 Ingredient Apple Fritter Bread
To make apple fritter bread, I chose to use cinnamon rolls instead of biscuits. Apple fritters have a cinnamon taste on the outside with a doughy center and a delicious glaze to round it all out. This pull-apart bread has the same characteristics, but it’s baked instead of fried and only has 4 ingredients:
- Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
How do you make pull-apart bread?
I’m including a video in the recipe card, so you can get a visual of how it works. It’s really easy but written out can sound complicated or confusing. Basically, you start cinnamon rolls. I used Pillsbury, the basic 8-count (not Grands). Cut each in half horizontally, like you’re cutting a roll for a sandwich.
(Note: if you want to use Grands Cinnamon Rolls you can, just use one package and cut each roll into THREE pieces instead of two.)
Then you need the apples. I used Granny Smith because I like the tart apple with the sweet bread and frosting. Peel and core the apple, then dice it into bite sized pieces.
Why cook the apples?
Don’t worry, the apples aren’t chewy. You cook them before making the bread!
I really can’t stand chewy apples. It’s why I par-cook my apples for apple pie, and it’s why I par-cook them for this recipe. For this bread recipe, I simply cook the apples in a bowl in the microwave for just a few minutes. You just want them to soften a bit so they finish cooking in the bread, and so there isn’t as much moisture. Apples leak moisture as they cook, so par-cooking them gets rid of some of it.
Drain them well then mix with sugar and cinnamon.
Assembling the Bread
To assemble the bread, you just have to layer slices of cinnamon roll with apples. Keep layering until you’re out of both and then place the stack in a bread pan. Bake until cooked through and then you use the frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls to glaze the apple fritter bread.
This recipe is really easy and delicious and perfect for fall!
Other favorite recipes:
- Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Pull Apart Bread also uses cinnamon rolls!
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread is one of my most popular fall recipes.
- Apple Fritter Coffee Cake is one of my favorites!
- Apple Fritter Muffins
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Apple Fritter Bread
- 1 tube Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (8 count)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×4-inch bread pan with nonstick cooking spray (I like using the kind with flour in it).
- Open the tube of cinnamon rolls. Set aside frosting for later. Cut each roll in half horizontally.
- Place apples and water in a microwave safe bowl. Cook 2-3 minutes on high, or until the apples have softened slightly. Drain very well.
- Stir brown sugar and cinnamon into the apples.
- To assemble the bread: place one slice of cinnamon roll on flat surface. Top with some of the apple mixture. Top with another cinnamon roll slice. Continue until all slices and apples are used. Carefully place in prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until cinnamon rolls are browned and bread is cooked through. Cool slightly then pour frosting over the top.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Easy Apple Fritter Bread is pull apart bread with apples and cinnamon rolls! Use Pillsbury for a semi-homemade quick bread that’s the perfect breakfast or brunch for fall baking.
Last Updated on September 9, 2020