This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake is an easy apple brunch recipe that’s like a monkey bread and a bubble-up bake all in one! Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake is the perfect recipe!
Why You’ll Love Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
Have you ever made a recipe knowing that you immediately needed to get rid of it? I’m famous for those recipes and most of them get sent off or frozen ASAP. But not this one.
This one I ate straight from the pan. With a fork. Over two days. BY MYSELF.
(So much for low-carb. *eyeroll*)
This is a keeper recipe. If you make one sweet brunch or breakfast recipe this year, let it be this one. It’s easy, has just a handful of ingredients, and tastes like an apple fritter.
Basically, this recipe is ready in no time at all. It’s like a combination of monkey bread and an apple fritter and a cinnamon roll and a bubble-up bake all in one.
How to make Apple Money Bread Video
Ingredients in Apple Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Cinnamon Rolls: It starts with the aforementioned $150 Pillsbury Grands! cinnamon rolls.
Apples: I used 2 apples – use your favorite kind.
Brown Sugar: For both the apples and the monkey bread like topping.
Cinnamon: To flavor the apples.
Butter: To make that gooey sweet topping.
How to make Cinnamon Roll Apple Bake
- Cook Apples: Dice them small and cook in the microwave with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- I cut each roll into 6 pieces (and they promptly fell apart, so that’s okay).
- Place them in a baking dish and top them with easy cinnamon apples.
- I drizzled a monkey bread glaze (brown sugar + butter) all over the top and baked them.
- THEN I thinned out the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls and drizzled it allllll over the top.
Those are the best but you can also use the regular ones (that come with 5 in a package. You may want 1 1/2 cans.
Saute them in a skillet with 1 tablespoon butter until they are just a bit softened, about 3-5 minutes.
Store loosely covered in the refrigerator.
I don’t recommend freezing this.
You can make the apples the night before, and cut the cinnamon rolls the night before but assemble it just before baking.
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Monkey Bread French Toast
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Easy Apple Strudel
- Click HERE for more Pillsbury Dough Recipes!
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread by Barbara Bakes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Apple Cinnamon Rolls Bake
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored, and diced small (about 1 1/2 cups apples)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (5ml) water
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls 5 rolls
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup (67g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (5 ml) heavy whipping cream or milk optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″ pie plate or pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place small diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, or until apples are just slightly translucent. Drain well.
- While the apples are cooking, cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces. They’ll fall apart a little, that’s okay. Sprinkle the pieces evenly in the prepared pan. Once the apples are done, drain them well and sprinkle them over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Stir the melted butter and brown sugar together, then pour over the top of the apples and cinnamon rolls. Bake for 28-33 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- Just before serving, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in a small bowl. Heat for about 10 seconds so it’s pourable. Stir in heavy whipping cream (or milk) to make it more of a glaze, then pour over the top of the casserole. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store tightly covered for up to 2 days.
Apple Monkey Bread is a simple cinnamon roll apple bake with just a few ingredients! The perfect breakfast or brunch recipe.
Last Updated on August 10, 2022
It is delicious. Second time I made this recipe I used canned apple pie filling. Then I sprinkled chopped pecans. After backing I used the icing from the rolls on top. Great dessert!