This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Apple Fritter Pancakes are full of grated apples and they’re the perfect fall breakfast. Make them easily using a pancake mix or my favorite pancake recipe.
As I’ve mentioned before, we love pancakes! I don’t make them often but we love them. My basic fluffy pancake recipe is the bomb dot com, but we also love mixing up flavors. (Blueberry pancakes or banana pancakes are our favorites!)
Now that fall is on the horizon (a stretch, I know, but indulge me), I want to make all the pancake recipes with fall flavors. Apple is one of our favorites! I always feel like when I add something healthy to pancakes it makes them more healthy. Great logic, right?
Apple Fritter Pancakes are an easy pancake recipe with apples grated into the batter. They’re the perfect fall pancake recipe!
Back when Jordan was a kid she learned that if she dunks her pancakes in syrup she can make the pancake to syrup ration tip to the syrup side of the balance. At that point I realized that I needed to try and do away with syrup if I could, which is why I started putting sprinkles inside pancakes. The sprinkles added crunch and sweetness – no syrup needed. That worked for years…and now I’ve done it again with apple fritter pancakes!
Now, these apple fritter pancakes are perfect with syrup, of course, but they’re sweet enough with the apple to just add a dusting of powdered sugar. They’re pancakes, not fried apple fritters, so they’re a healthier version of a fun fall breakfast.
Apple Fritter Pancakes are healthier apple fritters for breakfast!
By making pancakes instead of frying the dough, this is a healthier way to eat an apple fritter. Apple fritters are amazing but they’re not the best breakfast – they’re more dessert. This is an easy way to have our favorite fall doughnut but in a healthier way – pancakes!
We love making these pancakes with apples – they’re so easy!
Grate apples into pancake mix so they cook all the way!
The trick to making pancakes with apples is to grate the apples into the pancake batter. That way the thin slices of apples will cook during the cooking of the pancakes. If you use chunks of apples they’ll be crunchy and raw when you’re eating your pancakes. Grating them is the surefire way to make the perfect apple pancakes.
Tips to make the best Apple Fritter Pancakes:
- Use your favorite kind of apple. I used a Gala apple.
- Leave the skin on when shredding the apples; they’re healthier that way!
- These are great for on the go because they don’t need syrup!
- Freeze pancakes in bags of 2 for a quick morning breakfast the kids can reheat themselves!
Other apple recipes for brunch:
Other pancake recipes perfect for breakfast:
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
Apple Fritter Pancakes
- 1 recipe Fluffy Pancakes or a mix, see note
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 apples grated (use your favorite brand; leave the skin on when shredding)
- Powdered sugar or syrup for topping
- Preheat griddle to 350°F. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or spread with melted butter.
- Mix pancake mix according to recipe or package instructions. Stir in grated apples.
- Drop batter in desired size onto prepared griddle and cook until both sides are browned.
- Serve warm with a dusting of powdered sugar and/or maple syrup.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Last Updated on February 2, 2023