The BEST No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
This is THE BEST NO BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE EVER! It’s got a thick graham cracker crust and an easy filling. Everyone loves this easy no bake cheesecake recipe!
Can you believe it’s mid-may already? Summer is almost here! Memorial Day, 4th of July…I love it all. What I don’t love about summer is the heat that comes to Sacramento, which is why I’ll be making a ton of no-bake recipes over the coming months. But…you guys are okay with that because you love no-bake recipes!
And this No Bake Cheesecake recipe is the BEST ONE I’ve ever had. I mean sure, I love no bake Oreo Cheesecake and even lemon, but this super simple, plain, easy cheesecake recipe? My favorite. It goes down sooooo easy. Plus, it’s pretty.
We’ve got a lot going on this month: Mother’s Day today, then next weekend I’m hosting 15 bloggers at my house to talk about blogging and making videos. 3 of them are staying with me, which means I actually have to, you know, clean. And make room for them. And grocery shop.
Dealing with all that makes me want CHEESECAKE bad. I had to re-home this cheesecake recipe as soon as it was done because it’s a trigger for me. If not, I would have just taken it to the couch with a fork and gone to town.
There’s something so good about a classic cheesecake recipe, right? No frills, no extra flavors, just graham cracker crust and creamy filling.
Growing up, I was raised on box mix cheesecake. You know the one? It came with two pouches; one for the crust and one for the filling. It came together like pudding mix but it was cheesecake. I loved that cheesecake! Of course, it was “fake” cheesecake, so anything real tastes better. But I still have fond memories of that no bake dessert my mom would make for any holiday or occasion.
The best no bake cheesecake tastes way better than a box mix, but it still reminds me of it. Probably because of the thick and sweet graham cracker crust and the sweet and creamy filling. I’ve always ever made no bake cheesecakes using cream cheese and cool whip, but for this one I went with an old standard recipe: cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. That stuff is like God’s nectar and makes EVERYTHING better.
If you don’t have a springform pan you can use a 10″ or deep dish pie plate, but a springform pan is much easier.
A TIP for making the best no bake cheesecake recipe:
- Make sure that your cream cheese is room temperature to avoid lumps.
Beat it until it’s silky smooth and once you add the vanilla and lemon juice, it becomes so creamy! The lemon juice is just to brighten the flavor, so don’t think it tastes like lemon – it doesn’t.
I like my classic cheesecakes plain or with fresh fruit. You can also top this with so many things!
Easy cheesecake topping ideas for the best no bake cheesecake:
- cherry pie filling – try Erin’s homemade cherry pie filling!
- whipped cream
- chocolate ganache – Oh, Becca has a recipe for making chocolate ganache without heavy cream!
- chocolate sauce
- peanut butter sauce
- blueberry lemon dessert sauce.
Really, user whatever you like, but I think the best no bake cheesecake is SO pretty just with fresh berries.
Also, if you use strawberries and blueberries it’s perfect dessert recipe for Memorial Day BBQs or 4th of July parties!
The BEST No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Yield: 10 servings
The BEST No Bake Cheesecake Recipe – this easy cheesecake recipe is completely no bake! It has a thick graham cracker crust and a sweet cheesecake filling. Perfect for Summer and everyone loves it!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 18 sheets)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 11 tablespoons unsalted or salted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, only if using unsalted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 8-ounce blocks), room temperature (do not use low-fat)
- 14 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk (regular, not low fat)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Berries or pie filling for topping
- Place graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl and stir using a fork. The mixture will resemble wet sand. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-10” springform pan. Chill at least 10 minutes before filling.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth using a hand or a stand mixer. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemon juice and mix until smooth and no lumps remain. Pour into prepared crust. Chill at least 4 hours before serving so the mixture can set.
- Top with berries or your favorite pie filling. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cheesecake can be made 1 day in advance, but don’t top it until ready to serve. It can also be frozen.
Adapted from several sources, inducing Martha Stewart.