Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Mini cheesecakes are just cuter than a big cheesecake. #fact
Pumpkin cheesecake is better than just about anything. Add caramel, pecans, and chocolate? And you have the best cheesecakes in the whole world.
Did you know that, when you die, you can be made into diamonds? I know, so cool right??
Can you imagine it? Jordan, an old lady, getting compliments on the huge diamond at her neck:
“Where did you get that diamond??!!” her friends ask.
“Er…my mom,” she replies.
“Where did she get it?” they ask.
“Er…it IS my mom…” she replies.
That would be just so cool. Tormenting her from the grave. Every parent should do it.
I wonder what color people diamonds are? Green like Mount Saint Helen’s jewelry? Sparkly, like vampires?
I guess I’ll never know.
Okay, so let’s talk cheesecake, because if there is one thing I like more than diamonds it’s probably cheesecake.
Out of all the cheesecakes in the land, pumpkin is my favorite. I’ll never forget the first time I made it. I fell in love!
For these Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes, I decided to make them small. One, it’s more manageable to say “I ate a whole cheesecake” when it’s a mini one.
Two, they’re portable, which is perfect for any holiday.
And, three. They’re AMAZING. They have an Oreo Crust, which is cool enough in itself. (Also, I’m too lazy to grind Oreos.)
Then I topped the cheesecakes with my homemade pumpkin caramel sauce that had been mixed with chopped pecans. If you don’t have homemade caramel on hand, feel free to use ice cream topping or any kind of caramel you like.
On top of that? Chocolate. Of course.
These cheesecakes are so easy to make and they’ll be the hit of Thanksgiving.
Just a couple notes before the recipe:
- Make sure you plan ahead, they need to chill for at least 4 hours before topping and serving. (I chill them overnight.)
- Make sure your ingredients are all room temperature to avoid lumps. <– good advice for any cheesecake making!
- Don’t eat them all. Your guests will get angry. 🙂
Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Yield: 12 cheesecakes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
These are the perfect single-serve treat! Mini pumpkin cheesecakes with an Oreo crust, caramel pecan topping and chocolate drizzle!
- 12 Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix; I use Libby’s), room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup caramel sauce (from scratch or the store)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Place one Oreo in each liner.
- Make sure your ingredients are all room temperature to avoid lumps!
- Beat cream cheese with a hand or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar, and pumpkin puree, mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour, mix until smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over Oreos in prepared pan. (Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full using about 1/4 cupfuls of the cheesecake mixture per liner.)
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheesecakes loose their glossy top. Some may start to crack around the edges, and a toothpick will come out clean from the center of the cheesecake. Cool completely to room temperature then chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving: unwrap each cheesecake. Stir pecans and caramel together in a small bowl. Melt chocolate according to package directions in a small bowl and then place the melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie with the tip cut off. Spoon some of the pecan caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecakes, then drizzle with chocolate.
- Store in refrigerator. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container or you can freeze the cheesecakes without the topping for up to one month.
Adapted from these mini cheesecakes.
Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies (EASY!)
Sweets from friends:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Sally’s Baking Addiction
N0 Bake Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce by Oh Sweet Basil
Turtle Pumpkin Cookie Cups by Something Swanky