This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes have everything perfect for fall – creamy pumpkin cheesecake, caramel topping, crunchy pecans, and an Oreo crust. They are the easiest mini cheesecakes, too! Once you try them, you’ll want to make them on repeat through the fall.
Out of all the cheesecakes in the land, pumpkin is my favorite. Especially during the fall when I go crazy for pumpkin everything.
I’ll never forget the first time I made a pumpkin cheesecake – I fell in love! So, of course, I had to take that and turn it into all kinds of different treats, including these mini pumpkin cheesecakes I’m sharing today.
Why You’ll Love Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- For these Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes, I decided to make them small and bake them in a muffin tin. First, it’s more acceptable to say, “I ate a whole cheesecake” when it’s a mini one and two, they’re portable, which is perfect for the holidays.
- Oh, and these are Libby’s mini pumpkin cheesecakes because it’s my favorite pumpkin puree brand.
- They’re also AMAZING. They have an Oreo cookie crust that is just one whole Oreo – no extra step of making a crust.
- Then I topped the Oreo pumpkin cheesecakes with my homemade pumpkin caramel sauce mixed with chopped pecans. If you don’t have homemade caramel on hand, feel free to use ice cream topping or any caramel you like.
- On top of that? Chocolate. Of course.
So, in a nutshell, these are seriously the best: a mini cheesecake – meet pumpkin – meet turtle candy for the ultimate Oreo pumpkin cheesecakes that are easy to make and perfectly bite-sized.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Mini Cheesecakes
Oreos: This is the crust. You can use Golden Oreos too, or any similar sized cookie.
Cream Cheese: Be sure it’s softened to avoid lumps.
Egg: Your eggs must be room temperature!
Room temperature pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie mix.
Granulated Sugar: This is for sweetness
Vanilla Extract, Pumpkin pie spice, Salt: For flavor
All-Purpose Flour: To help the cheesecakes solidify
Toppings: I like drizzling with chocolate and caramel and sprinkling with pecans, but you can leave them plain or add whipped cream.
How to Make Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- In a bowl (or in a stand mixer), beat the cream cheese with pumpkin and sugar until it’s smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour.
- Line cupcake pan with liners and lay an Oreo in the bottom of each to make the crust.
- Spoon the cheesecake batter over each Oreo in the pan until each liner is about ¾ full.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 22 to 25 minutes at 350°F or until they are no longer glossy on top. Cool them completely to room temperature, then chill them for at least four hours or overnight.
Topping and Crust Variations
I love these Oreo pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes because you can change the crust and toppings to make them into a whole new thing. Here are some ideas!
- For the crust, use another type of Oreo (I love Golden Oreos) or make a graham cracker crust or use any similar sized cookie.
- If you don’t like pecans, swap them for walnuts or just leave off the nuts.
- Skip the caramel sauce and chocolate and serve each mini cheesecake with a little dollop of whipped cream or serve them plain!
A standard-sized cupcake pan works best for this recipe.
Store these mini pumpkin cheesecake tarts in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
Yes, they freeze great! Freeze them without the topping, and they will keep for up to three months.
It’s crucial to use room-temperature ingredients. If your ingredients are cold, they won’t mix well, and you will end up with lumps.
You don’t need a water bath for mini cheesecakes! Just another reason to love them.
Cupcake liners make it easy to remove them from the pan and make it easy to transport and serve them, too. If you don’t use liners, the cheesecakes will stick to the pan, so don’t skip them.
The only other tip I have for you when you make this mini pumpkin cheesecake recipe is not to eat them all yourself. Your family and friends will not be too happy about that – I know this from experience!
More Mini Desserts You’ll Love
Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- 12 Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix; I use Libby’s, room temperature
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ½ cup caramel sauce from scratch or the store
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ½ ounces hot fudge or chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Place one Oreo in each liner.
- Make sure your ingredients are all room temperature to avoid lumps!
- Beat cream cheese with a hand or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar, and pumpkin puree, mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour, mix until smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over Oreos in prepared pan. (Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full using about 1/4 cupfuls of the cheesecake mixture per liner.)
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheesecakes loose their glossy top. Some may start to crack around the edges, and a toothpick will come out clean from the center of the cheesecake. Cool completely to room temperature then chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving: unwrap each cheesecake. Stir pecans and caramel together in a small bowl. Melt chocolate according to package directions in a small bowl and then place the melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie with the tip cut off. Spoon some of the pecan caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecakes, then drizzle with chocolate.
- Store in refrigerator. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container or you can freeze the cheesecakes without the topping for up to one month.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes are an easy dessert recipe! With an Oreo crust these mini cheesecakes are the perfect fall recipe – top them how you like!
Last Updated on September 29, 2021
Excellent mini cheesecake; did not make the turtle portion as we didn’t need more chocolate. Will absolutely make again the might even use the base to make a larger cheesecake.
These mini turtle pumpkin cheesecakes are very decadent, and the people in my office are happy today!
I love healthy food like mini turtle pumpkin cheesecakes. It would be perfect breakfast! I prefer pumpkin – it may reduce cancer risk, protect the skin, boost your mood and other! Thx for sharing!