The only thing better than pumpkin pie is mini pumpkin pies! You don’t need a special pan to make these cute pies – they bake in a muffin pan and are so easy to make.
You only need a few ingredients and you can use homemade or store-bought crust. Everyone will love these delicious mini pumpkin pie bites!
I don’t know about you, but I have a thing for mini desserts. They’re just so cute and perfect if you plan to serve a variety of desserts for holiday dinners. Everyone gets their own little bite!
So, if you are looking for Thanksgiving dessert ideas, I would like to introduce you to these adorable mini pumpkin pies. You don’t need any special equipment to make them, the filling is super simple to make, and they taste amazing!
Easy Miniature Pumpkin Pies
For this recipe, all you need is a bowl, a whisk and a standard-sized muffin tin. No fancy pans or mixers required – it’s the easiest pumpkin pie recipe ever. You can even make them in MINI muffin pans!
For the crust, you can use your favorite pastry crust, my best all-butter crust, or buy some refrigerated pie dough to make it really easy.
Table of Contents
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- Pumpkin: use canned pumpkin puree
- Sweetened condensed milk: makes this easy – adds sweetness and milk all in one step
- Egg and Salt: typical for pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: you can use my DIY mix or from the store, or use a combination of spices (see recipe notes)
Be sure to by canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Puree is just plain pumpkin while the pie filling has other ingredients like added sugars.
Pumpkin pie spice is just a mix of different spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. I love it because you don’t have to measure out a bunch of different spices – they’re already mixed up ready to use.
The sweetened condensed milk makes the filling really creamy and smooth. Don’t confuse it with evaporated milk, so double check the label when you’re at the store.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Pies
1. Prepare the Dough: To make mini pies, you will need to cut the pie dough into small rounds. Unroll the dough and then use a 4-inch round cookie cutter to cut out the mini crusts. You can also use a 4-inch glass or jar lid if you don’t have a cookie cutter. You should be able to get eight to nine rounds. If needed, reroll the dough so you can use it up.
2. Prepare the pans: Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray and press one mini dough round into each mold.
3. Make the filling: whisk the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, salt, and pumpkin spice. Divide the filling among the muffin molds.
4. Bake: Bake the pies for 25 to 35 minutes or until they are baked through and the crust is golden around the edges.
5. Remove from Pans: Cool the mini pumpkin pies in the pan. Once cooled, use a butter knife to loosen them from the molds. This will make it easier to remove them.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Muffin Pans: You can make these in a regular muffin tin or a mini muffin tin. If you opt for the smaller tin, you just need to cut the dough rounds smaller so they fit (about 2-inch rounds).
Baking Time: Once question I get a lot about pumpkin pie is how long to cook it. Every oven is different so it’s important to check on them – they may take more or less time than the recommended baking time.
How to tell if mini pumpkin pies are done: The easiest way to tell if they are done is to gently shake the pie. The filling should not jiggle in the center of each pie. At that point, they’re done baking.
Making Ahead: Pumpkin pie is great for holidays because you can make it ahead. These mini pies are no different! You can make and bake them up to three days in advance. Just keep them in an airtight container.
Freezing: You can also freeze them! Once they are fully cooled, store them in a freezer-safe container and they will keep well for up to a month in the freezer. To thaw them, just leave them out at room temperature.
Serving: These little cuties are perfect for a holiday dessert table. Serve them with a dollop of whipped on top – everyone will love them! This mini pumpkin pie recipe is so easy and the perfect sweet bite for a holiday celebration.
Other Perfect Holiday Recipes
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe
- 1 pie crust recipe from scratch or from a package of 2
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 ounces sweetened condensed milk about ½ of a 14 ounce can
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll your pie crust and use a 4-inch round cookie cutter or glass or jar lid to cut circles of dough, re-rolling as needed. You’ll get about 8-9 circles.
- Spray a regular size cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray and press one circle into each cavity.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, salt, and pumpkin spice. Divide the mixture evenly between the pie crusts.
- Bake for about 25-35 minutes or until the center of the pies are solid and the crusts are golden around the edges.
- Cool completely before removing from pans. Use a butter knife to gently help loosen each pie.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
- This recipe is easily doubled to use the entire can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 pie crusts
- To use spices: ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ⅛ teaspoon each allspice and ginger
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Mini Pumpkin Pies are made in a muffin tin! This easy recipe uses sweetened condensed milk and couldn’t be more simple – it’s an easy portable pumpkin pie. We love these with whipped cream!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 28, 2020