get new recipes in your email box:

Oct 29

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge

Peanut butter and pumpkin totally belong together. I was skeptical too, until I made this bread. Ever since then I’ve been a total fanatic and peanut butter pumpkin fudge was just the next logical step!

Easy No-Fail Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge has only 5 ingredients and is the perfect fudge for the holidays!

I am a huge believe in easy fudge. You know the kind: chocolate chips + sweetened condensed milk = fudge. I think I’ve only actually cooked fudge once. I liked that recipe, but come on. Easy fudge is just so…easy to remember. I don’t have to think when I use the SCM recipe – I just have to add my different flavorings and poof, fudge.

Since we’re almost past Halloween (um, I’m sorry, where the heck did October go?), everyone is going to start thinking about Christmas. In fact, I was at the salon earlier this week and my gal told me: “only 7 weeks until Christmas!” and I almost fainted.

Seven. Weeks. Until. Christmas. !!!!!

I came home and bought my first few Christmas gifts on Jane.com and then started thinking about what handmade gifts I was going to make. Fudge is always on that list. Always.

So, I present, my first fudge of the holiday season: Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge. The perfect marriage of three of my favorite things: pumpkin season, Christmas, and peanut butter.

Now, before you freak out because I mixed peanut butter and pumpkin together, don’t. The flavors go really, really well together. I think it’s why my Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles did so well last year. Something about peanut butter just lends itself to spice, and spice lends itself to pumpkin.

Don’t knock it until you try it, my friends.

A few weeks ago my friend Ashton at Something Swanky made Peanut Butter Fudge. In her post she talks about getting rid of the sweetened condensed milk and using all peanut butter instead and I was all what the what now?

But it totally made sense. I’ve substituted frosting and pie filling for SCM in fudge. And I’ve substituted dark corn syrup + evaporated milk for the SCM in my Pecan Pie Fudge. Why not peanut butter? And, it follows…why not pumpkin and peanut butter?

{Well, it follows in my mind. Just tag along, mmkay?}

Guess what? It worked. Fabulously, if I do say so myself. This no-fail easy fudge has 5 ingredients and comes together in just minutes and produces a rich, thick, perfectly peanut buttery and pumpkin spicy fudge. I really love the combination of flavors in this fudge, but even when I took my first bite I just sighed a little, because it was so much better than I expected.

I may not eat beets, or fish, but gosh darn it I’ll eat peanut butter with pumpkin.

And so should you!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge

This peanut butter pumpkin fudge has only 5 ingredients and comes together in minutes! Peanut butter and pumpkin belong together, especially in fudge.

Ingredients:

• 4 cups white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Naturals)
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix; I use Libby’s brand)
  • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Line an 8x8” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Gather all your ingredients; making fudge is fast work.
  2. Place white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, then continue heating on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. (Alternately, you can do this in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat on the stovetop. Just be sure to stir continuously.)
  3. Once chocolate and peanut butter are melted together and smooth (remove from heat if doing on the stovetop), immediately stir in the pumpkin puree, spice, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan and let cool to room temperature on the counter. Chill until set, then cut into squares.
  4. Note: the fudge gets soft on the counter. Store in the refrigerator until serving.

Payday Fudge

Payday Fudge (1 of 6)w

Gingerbread Fudge

Gingerbread Fudge (4 of 5)w

Reese’s Fudge

reeses-fudge05-1w

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread (1 of 4)w

Peanut Butter Butterscotch Fudge by Something Swanky
Mint Chocolate Fudge by Wine & Glue
Reese’s Pieces No-Fail Fudge by Kitchen Meets Girl

69 comments on “Peanut Butter Pumpkin Fudge

1. I always make microwave fudge! Why bother with the candy thermometer? And I’m beyond happy that you did this version with pumpkin. Peanut butter goes with everything. I’m convinced. EVERYTHING.

2. I’ve never made fudge, let alone, the easy one…and I love fudge! This will be the one to start with. This sounds delicious!

3. Peanut butter and pumpkin definitely sound like a winning combination! What a great idea to combine it in fudge! So easy to just grab ‘n go. Sounds delicious!

4. It’s my two cookbooks, in one piece of fudge! 🙂 And yes, they DO go together! I would love to sink my teeth into a piece of it right now! Pinned!

5. GAH! 7 weeks until Christmas?! I am totally putting my tree up this weekend – no shame!
    I’ll also stuff my face full of this fudge because I am OBSESSED with this combo!! Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thanks for the pin Taylor!

6. Yes, I was thinking about Christmas the other day and how I need to start thinking about Christmas recipes for the blog, how I’m going to decorate my house this year, what we are going to do for Christmas. AHHHH!

I’ve never had the PB/Pumpkin combo before. Guess I need to give this a try cause this fudge looks GOOD and just about anything with peanut butter is worth trying!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am

It makes me stressed out just thinking about it!

7. Wow Dorothy…this looks amazing!! Definitely making…yum yum yum!!!

8. You already bought Christmas gifts? GO YOU!

Love the fudge. Peanut butter and pumpkin so go together!!

9. Peanut butter and pumpkin sound like an amazing combo. Love it!

10. Mmm, yes, totally need some of this!

11. Peanut Butter and pumpkin do make a winning combo and I love how easy this recipe is Dorothy!!! Pinned 🙂

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am

Thank you for the pin!

12. What a fun fudge flavor combo!!  Want 🙂

13. This fudge looks wondermous.  You have the BEST photos!

14. I love how easy and delicious this fudge is!!! Perfect way to marry peanut butter and pumpkin!!! And seriously only 7 weeks until Christmas? Cue the freak out moment now!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 7:10 am

RIGHT?? Total freak out. We best do some shopping this weekend!

15. I’m such a sucker for anything with peanut butter, the fact that fudge is in the works — sign.me.up. please!!!

16. Fantastic idea! This is on my must-bake list for the holidays! Thanks Dorothy!

17. Love it want it RIGHT NOW. 🙂

18. I have never combined PB and Pumpkin – must change that immediately! This fudge looks so delicious, and I love how easy it is!

19. This fudge looks divine! Peanut butter and pumpkin sounds like an amazing combination, especially at this time of year. Loving the substitute for the SCM ~ sometime SCM just makes fudge a little too sweet. Yummy and pictures are amazing as always! Pinned 😀 x

20. YES! This fudge looks perfect! Love this idea 🙂

21. Omg!!! I can’t wait to make this and I have everything on hand but the white chocolate chips. I do have almond bark though… Would that work instead?

22. So interesting! It DOES sound weird to put peanut butter and pumpkin together, but I have to say, you’ve convinced me 🙂

23. Peanut butter and pumpkin totally go together!  I made pumpkin peanut butter cookies this year and my husband wouldn’t even try them because he thought it was weird, but they were so good, it actually surprised me how well the two flavours go together!  This fudge looks amazing, I can’t wait to try it!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 7:12 pm

It’s one of my favorite combos now!! 🙂

24. Seven. Weeks. Until. Christmas?!! oh my gawd. .  I need to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first. .  but I hear you. .  all the Christmas decorations are already out at Target. .  craazy. .  I think I need some of this fudge to get me through. .  yes, peanut butter + pumpkin together is magical. .  you are the fudge making queen!! love this so much!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 29th, 2014 at 7:11 pm

It’s insane!! Thanks Alice!

25. Dorothy I have no will power around fudge and this new one looks amazing!

26. Peanut butter and pumpkin? Why, yes, I think I will have a piece. Pinned!

27. Seven weeks… I’m kind of freaking out now! You just took the two very best flavors ever and made fudge. Love!

28. What a perfect combo; peanut butter +pumpkin. Love it!

29. I just counted because I couldn’t believe it, and there’s actually 8 weeks till Christmas! Haha. Your hair stylist needs to hold her horses!! This fudge can’t wait though. I need some now!

30. I’ve never made fudge of any kind, but easy is always better, and I love pumpkin and peanut butter  – and Christmas, no NOT ready, not one little bit

31. 7 weeks until Christmas??  Seriously??  I am not ready yet!  But I AM ready for this fudge!  Looks scrumptious!  🙂

32. Mind blown! I don’t understand food science but I’m shocked that turned into fudge! May have to try it myself lol.
    Off to check out your payday fudge next how the heck did I miss that post? nomnom Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 30th, 2014 at 6:43 am

I don’t always understand it either, but it works! 🙂

33. We love everything pumpkin here…can’t wait to try this fudge!

34. Peanut butter and pumpkin are just a wonderful combination and I must try it in a fudge! I’ve made peanut putter and pumpkin cupcakes and they turned out amazing!. Will follow your instructions for cooking fudge  in the microwave. Pinned!

35. Love love love. I had no idea that peanut butter and pumpkin spice could be a thing until I tried that Jif PB and make it into a frosting!

36. rosemarie johnson Reply

i am going to make this and yes i am done shopping ,card’s are written ,gifts are even wrapped, way ahead this year now have time to make lots of fudge thank’s…

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 30th, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Fudge is the best! Enjoy!

37. I have never had pumpkin and peanut butter together; I guess I need to give it a try!

38. This looks amazing and delicious! I have everything on hand except for four cups of white chocolate chips. Would it be ok if I used less or would it throw off the taste and/or consistency of the fudge?

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 5th, 2014 at 7:02 am

You definitely need the 4 cups, otherwise it won’t set up. You could add some chocolate chips in there if you want if you can’t get to the store! That would be good too.

39. Hi there,

I was looking to do this recipe for a holiday treat goodie bag. I really wanted to do this recipe, but I am concerned about how long these would be able to stay unrefrigerated after you make them? Do you recommend anything that will help make them stay harden? Or do you have a different fudge recipe all together that I can use for holiday treat bags?

Thank you so much!

P.S. Just subscribed to your website! It’s amazing!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 18th, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Welcome! I have tons of fudge recipes here: http://www.crazyforcrust.com/tag/fudge/. I haven’t added more white chocolate to this fudge, because I like it soft, but you can try adding another 1/2 cup or so, that might make it stay hard longer. But I can’t guarantee it!

• Angel replied on November 18th, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Awesome, I’ll check those out as well! Thank you for your reply. So excited to try these!

40. I made this fudge today. YUMMMMMY I just went ahead and used two full bags of white chocolate chips because I was concerned about the fudge being too soft. Mine is holding together great…so far. I’m taking it to a function tonight, so we’ll see how it does.

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 23rd, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I’m glad you liked it Dawn!!

41. This looks awesome!  I’m British and live in the UK but am having a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (thinking of adopting your holiday if that’s ok with you guys ;o) ) and this would be great for after dinner treats.  Trouble is I don’t work in cups – any idea how much chocolate/peanut butter/pumpkin this is in grams/oz?

42. I made it today but it is too soft after being in the fridge for hours.  It tastes great but next time I would either add more PB or maybe reduce the pumpkin a bit.  I didn’t think about perhaps the difference in density of the pumpkin between canned and fresh.  I used fresh since I was blessed with a bazillion pumpkins in my garden this year.  😉  Oh well, hubby and I may just have to eat it with a spoon and not take it to Thanksgiving at our friends’ house.  😀  Not complaining.  Ha!

Oh and I fell in love with pumpkin and PB after buying Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter and putting it with a PB sandwich thus dubbing it “PB².”

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 26th, 2014 at 6:44 am

Yes, canned and fresh will definitely perform differently. I always use canned, which could count for the difference. Good note – if you’re using fresh, use more chocolate! 🙂 Thanks for letting me know!

43. how much does this recipe yield ?

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 26th, 2014 at 12:04 pm

One 8×8 pan, which is about 36 squares depending on size.

44. What did you sprinkle on top of it?

45. I made this today and it’s so fast and easy! It tastes so good too! I’m sharing it with all my family for Thanksgiving  (:

46. I’m getting a little worried about it ! I made some , and it’s been in the fridge for three hours and it’s still really soft ! I don’t think it’ll harden anymore and I was going to bring it to my thanksgivings tmrw. Will it eventually set up ?

47. Can chocolate chips be used I stead of white?

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 3rd, 2015 at 11:39 am

Yes I’m pretty sure they can!

48. do you think you could do this with almond butter instead of peanut butter?

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 26th, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I haven’t worked a ton with almond butter, but I know it’s a little runnier than peanut. You may need to add more white chocolate to get it to set up! Give it a try and let me know how it works!

49. made this with peanut free almond butter and pumpkin spice chocolate chips.  Used less spice because of the flavored chips.  Turned out divine.  Thanks.