Jan 12

Snickers Dip

This Snickers Dip is the perfect sweet appetizer to feed a crowd! And well, it’s dip made of Snickers. How can that not be amazing?

Snickers Dip by crazyforcrust.com

Er, so this is not at all healthy. That recipe is coming tomorrow. This recipe? Is to die for.

It’s January, which means in some houses every Saturday and Sunday there is food getting eaten. And lots of yelling or cheering.

Football playoffs are here! Which means your husband probably invited over half the neighborhood and you need to feed them.

This dip will feed them. And you can make it in time for the games in a few hours!

Snickers Dip made from melted Snickers bars by crazyforcrust.com

Have you ever thought about melting a Snickers Bar? My friend Aimee did, when she made a pie. That’s what made me think about this dip. I love, love, LOVE making sweet dips. I’ve made peanut butter and pecan pie and muddy buddy. I even have a whole chapter on them in the book I’m writing. They’re just so easy to throw together and they feed a crowd.

Or, you can hide in the closet with a spoon and your backlit Kindle. #whatever

Once you melt down your Snickers bars, you just have to mix in the body of the dip: cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and powdered sugar.

Because Snickers alone aren’t sweet enough. Like I said, not a low calorie treat.

But so worth every darn one.

But hey – serve it with apple slices. Then it can be healthy, right?

Snickers Dip - the perfect game day treat! by crazyforcrust.com

#FacePlant

Snickers Dip

Yield: About 1 1/2 cups of dip

Snickers Dip

• 1 tablespoon butter
  • 16 fun sized Snickers bars, divided
  • 4 ounces cream cheese (regular or low-fat), room temperature
  • 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar

1. Place butter and 12 fun sized Snickers bars in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir often until the Snickers have melted. (The mixture won’t be totally smooth and it will be thick.) Remove from heat and cool a few minutes.
  2. Beat cream cheese and marshmallow fluff in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Beat in melted snickers and powdered sugar. Thinly chop remaining fun sized Snickers bars and stir them into the mixture. Place in a bowl to cool. Serve with apple slices, pretzels, graham crackers, Nilla Wafers, or any other dippers. Good warm or room temperature. Store in refrigerator, but dip needs to come to room temperature to be soft enough for dipping.

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip

peanut butter caramel apple dip2

Pecan Pie Dip

Pecan Pie Dip (3 of 6)w

Peanut Butter Football Dip

peanut-butter-football (1 of 4)w

Cheesecake Cake Batter Dip by Wine & Glue
Milky Way Caramel Apple Dip by Tatertots and Jello
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Dip by Something Swanky

This post may be linked to all of these parties.

71 Responses to “Snickers Dip”

1. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet posted on January 12, 2014 at 5:47 am (#)

Snickers is one of those feel good candy bars for me! When I need to chose one to eat nine times out of ten I will pick that one! This dip looks sinful and amazing!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I love to eat them nougat first, then peanuts. :) Thanks Nancy!

2. Lauras @ Lauras Baking Talent posted on January 12, 2014 at 6:41 am (#)

This dip looks dangerous….snickers are a fovorite….so I’m sure I would be the one in the closet. Hahaha!

3. Aimee @ ShugarySweets posted on January 12, 2014 at 7:00 am (#)

Mmmm, Looks delicious! I love snickers! THanks for the shout out too :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Thank you for the inspiration! :)

4. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) posted on January 12, 2014 at 7:25 am (#)

DANGEROUUUS!

6. Erin | The Emerging Foodie posted on January 12, 2014 at 11:03 am (#)

Ohhhhh yum! This needs to happen in my kitchen ASAP. Seahakws had their game yesterday but I may have to make this for their game next weekend. This looks to die for! Happy weekend, Dorothy!

7. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:21 pm (#)

Omg this looks INSANE! Snickers, cream cheese, fluff, butter, powdered sugar…all my faves! :) I seriously love Snickers. One of my fave old school candy bars. I would go nuts for this dip. I cannot make it, that’s for sure :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Oh, I know exactly what you mean!! :)

8. Joy @Baking-Joy posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:31 pm (#)

Snickers has got to be my favourite chocolate bar :-) am very happy I can now get hold of marshmallow fluff in my local supermarket! This dip looks amazing :-)

9. Krystle(Baking Beauty) posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:44 pm (#)

Oh man this looks AMAZING! Adding it to my super bowl menu!

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:04 pm

Thanks Krystle! Enjoy!!

10. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:47 pm (#)

Holy cow!!! YES, just yes!!! That’s all I can think of right now because this is so crazy awesome!!!

11. Jenn@eatcakefordinner posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:51 pm (#)

Snickers are my Favorite!! This dip sounds divine to say the least.

12. Amy posted on January 12, 2014 at 3:01 pm (#)

Ah yes, the football playoffs… At least we aren’t the ones hosting the TV-watching parties, so I can still bake and photograph in peace! (Although truth be told, I still like watching — or at least listening to — the games. I’m such a sports girl!) I actually just found 3 random Snickers bars in my chocolate/mix-ins/everything-sweet-or-candy-related drawer this morning. Only 11 more to go for your mouthwatering dip! ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Ooooh, or you could make a single-serve version. :)

• Amy replied on January 12th, 2014 at 4:51 pm

You know me too well — I’m ALL about small scale recipes! :)

13. Jennie @themessybakerblog posted on January 12, 2014 at 4:13 pm (#)

Dorothy, I don’t think it gets any better than this. Yum!

14. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on January 12, 2014 at 5:56 pm (#)

I can’t believe you actually melted down snickers bars! Genius idea- I would have never thought of that!

15. Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos posted on January 12, 2014 at 6:05 pm (#)

You are a genius!!! I would totally be hiding in the closet with a spoon ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I’ll fight you for it! ;)

16. Mom posted on January 12, 2014 at 6:12 pm (#)

Faceplant is right!! YUM!

17. Stephanie @ Back for Seconds posted on January 12, 2014 at 6:49 pm (#)

Good heavens, woman! This is calling my name big time. The perfect “I just had a baby” food :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 12th, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Yes it is! The protein will keep your strength up. :)

18. Crystal posted on January 12, 2014 at 7:58 pm (#)

This dip is sinfully delicious!! I can’t imagine any being leftover. Thanks for the recipe!!

19. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on January 12, 2014 at 9:19 pm (#)

I would watch football if it meant I could eat this dip! Love Snickers.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 13th, 2014 at 6:28 am

Me too! :) It would make it much more enjoyable, that’s for sure. :)

20. Gerry @ Foodness Gracious posted on January 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm (#)

Snickers is easily my fav candy bar evahhhhhh! This looks munchy :)

21. Layla @ Brunch Time Baker posted on January 13, 2014 at 6:32 am (#)

Oh my I did not even know such a thing existed! this is too good!!

22. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) posted on January 13, 2014 at 7:41 am (#)

Seriously Dorothy how genius is snicker dip????

23. Mary Frances posted on January 13, 2014 at 9:15 am (#)

Melted Snickers sounds perfect! That is my favorite candy and this dip is now my favorite dip. Cream cheese, powdered sugar, and marshmallow fluff?! Don’t mind if I do! I think I’ll skip the apples … do Snickers count as dipping tools? :)

24. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on January 13, 2014 at 9:34 am (#)

I happen to have a bunch of the peanut butter snickers leftover from Halloween still. I think they might need to be turned into this if I end up at a Superbowl party.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 14th, 2014 at 6:36 am

Oh yes, with PB Snickers!!! DO IT!

25. Samantha @ Five Heart Home posted on January 13, 2014 at 9:45 am (#)

Melting a Snickers bar?! Well now, that is just brilliant…

26. Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction posted on January 13, 2014 at 11:40 am (#)

Can’t go wrong with a dip that starts with melted Snickers! Amazing!

27. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on January 13, 2014 at 11:48 am (#)

I am all about indulging in a sweet dip every once in awhile! Especially when it has snickers.

28. Pingback: Skinny Frozen Peanut Butter Pies - Crazy for Crust

29. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on January 13, 2014 at 5:12 pm (#)

Mind. Blown.

30. Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor posted on January 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm (#)

Oh yes, this is amazing! Snickers are my favorite candy ever and I could never pass up this dip.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 14th, 2014 at 6:34 am

Me neither!! Thanks Ashley!

31. Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures posted on January 14, 2014 at 8:49 am (#)

Gah! This is not help my new year’s goals, but it looks amazing!

32. Aubrey @ Real Housemoms posted on January 14, 2014 at 10:31 am (#)

Closet it is!!!! I feel like it’s super important to thank you for this amazing recipe. Not just from me but my entire family thanks you for the service you’ve provided!
    I can’t wait to make this. I’ve never thought about melting a Snicker’s but now I can’t wait to try it. :)

33. Wendy posted on January 14, 2014 at 11:49 am (#)

Sweet dessert dips are like an easy to serve fondue! Its such fun to provide a variety of dippables (cookies, marshmallows, fruit) and dip away! This Snickers dip will need to make an appearance at our Super Bowl party. I have never melted a Snickers bar before….I am going to grab a spoon and a kindle and give it a try!:)

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 14th, 2014 at 1:22 pm

The melted concoction almost didn’t make it to the dip bowl! :) Thanks Wendy!

34. Karen @ The Food Charlatan posted on January 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm (#)

I’m not usually into sweet dips, but I have to say Dorothy, this looks amazing!!

35. Pingback: The Ultimate Super Bowl Party Guide

36. Nancy @ gottagetbaked posted on January 22, 2014 at 8:39 pm (#)

Just hook this up to an IV and straight into my veins. There is too much goodness stuffed into that bowl of dip, Dorothy. You’re a genius for making this!

37. Pingback: 50 Amazing Super Bowl Dip Recipes | Endlessly Inspired

38. Julie Larsen posted on February 1, 2014 at 9:57 am (#)

I was looking for some great recipes for the big game tomorrow. We live near Denver but are from Seattle. Your dips are inspiring. I’ll share …..many would go well with Trefoils…the Girl Scout Cookies. They are available now, but you won’t find them at a booth sale for another week or so.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 2nd, 2014 at 7:38 am

Yes, Girl Scout dips are the best. I need to get on that! :)

39. Pingback: Dogs……..? | Dog Apparel Resource

40. Pingback: Snickers Cupcakes - Life Love and Sugar

41. Pingback: Summer Potluck Recipes - Wine & Glue

42. Pingback: 27 Perfect Potluck Dishes For A Summer BBQ | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

43. Lavon posted on June 22, 2014 at 10:41 am (#)

I was wondering if you could substitute another candy bar. My friend has a horrible peanut allergy. Any suggestions?

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 23rd, 2014 at 7:54 am

I and 99% positive you could sub milky way candy bars. I only know that because I melted some down for brownies for my upcoming cookbook, and that’s what gave me the idea to do this! :)