This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Caramel Apple Dip for apples has only three ingredients and is perfect for after school snacks or a lunchbox treat! It takes no time at all to make and is the perfect sweet dip for sliced apples. Also – PEANUT BUTTER. Enough said, right?
Table of Contents
3-Ingredient Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
Have you ever bought those little packs of caramel dip and apples? Well, when you see how easy it is to make the dip from scratch you won’t need to buy them again! This caramel apple dip is so easy to make and is the best dip for sliced apples.
It’s great during the fall when apples are in season, but I make it all year because I can’t wait until the fall season to have it! If you’ve never made your own apple dip you are in for a treat.
I used to buy those store-bought apples and caramel dip packs but, dang, they’re expensive! Not to mention that they’re made with a lot more ingredients than this homemade version I’m sharing. It’s so easy and you can use reusable snack containers to store it as a grab-and-go snack.
3 Ingredients Needed
- Caramel squares or bits (be sure to unwrap them if they’re wrapped caramels)
- Heavy whipping cream – no substitute for this, if you want the dip to be smooth.
- Creamy peanut butter– not natural – it won’t melt properly.
These three ingredients combined together make the best caramel dip. It has a perfect dippable texture.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip with Peanut Butter
- Place the caramels, cream and peanut butter in a medium saucepan.
- Heat them over low heat and stir until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth. This usually takes less than 10 minutes.
It will keep well for up to a week in the refrigerator unless you’re like us and eat it all in the first day.
This apple dip recipe makes approximately two cups, which I like to divide into smaller servings in containers. It makes it really easy to just grab one as a snack!
Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel squares (about 40), unwrapped
- ¾ cup (177ml) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup (134g) creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- Add the caramels, whipping cream, and peanut butter to a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until the caramels have melted into the cream (about 8-10 minutes).
- Serve with apple slices, graham crackers and/or pretzels. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This fantastic Peanut Butter Caramel is the perfect apple dip! Make caramel apple dip with peanut butter inside to add some extra flavor – this easy caramel is perfect for dipping or drizzling!
Last Updated on September 27, 2023