Jul 25

Funfetti Gooey Bars

These Funfetti Gooey Bars are the best gooey bars ever! Made with a cake mix and a few simple ingredients, they are gooey to the max!

Funfetti Gooey Bars by crazyforcrust.com | These are the best gooey bars I've ever had!

I don’t make the same thing twice very often. Almost never, in fact. I mean, when you’re surrounded by sugar all day every day, most of it new recipes that you can post, the last thing you need (or want) is to make another batch of cookies. Some of my favorite repeats that I’ve posted on this blog (and boy, do I need to update some of these photos!) are:

Crumb Apple Pie

Zucchini Brownies

Peanut Butter Cookies (in some variation)

Banana Bread (in some variation)

Cinnamon Rolls (again, I never make the same version twice…)

Coffee Cake (the base is my mom’s recipe)

Fudgy Brownies (often with a new frosting flavor)

So see…even if I do make something twice…it’s often with a new variation. A new frosting flavor, or a new filling.

I have issues, and my daughter often asks for “plain cinnamon rolls” or “just a chocolate chip cookie” and my eyes cross.

I have one more recipe to add to this list: Funfetti Gooey Bars.

I made them twice. In ONE WEEK. That’s how good they were.

I made the first version and never even photographed them. They came out of the oven and we were super busy that afternoon, and by the next day the pan looked like a fork had attacked it.

Ahem.

So I remade them again. Because I had to share them with you.

These are my favorite gooey (cake) bars ever. They’re actually the first ones I made, before the Healthier Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars. But my friend Heather at Heather’s French Press made some Cake Batter Gooey Bars the same week I made mine. Hers were so fabulous, I had to wait to post a little while. Then I forgot.

Story of my life.

These bars start with a yellow cake mix. You mix that with an egg and some butter. The batter is layered with white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and half a can of sweetened condensed milk. If you use a whole can they are too gooey…hence the fork in the first batch.

These are funfetti to the extreme. Cake batter gooeyness. I need to make them again. YOU need to make them.

I’ve also made a lemon version. I didn’t photograph them. I guess those are going on the remake list too!

Aren’t you lucky to have found me? ;)

Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars

Yield: 9-12 bars

Ingredients:

• 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
  • 1/2 cup (from a 14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.
  2. Add cake mix, butter, and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until a thick dough forms. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
  3. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Separate remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
  4. Bake bars for about 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely before slicing, otherwise the mixture will be too gooey to cut. Optional: eat straight from pan with a fork.

Other bars you might like:

Healthier Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars

healthier-chocolate-gooey-cake-bars (4 of 6)w

Brownie Mud Hen Bars

Brownie Mud Hen Bars by Crazy for Crust | A gooey brownie topped with a crunchy sweet meringue!

Carmelitas by The Recipe Critic
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Bars by Beyond Frosting
Caramel Pretzel Ooey Gooey Bars by Something Swanky

175 Responses to “Funfetti Gooey Bars”

1. Heather @ French Press posted on July 25, 2013 at 3:13 pm (#)

OMG – you are crazy girl! your bars kick my bars sorry little behinds…no doubt.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:42 am

No way. They’d each hold their own in a fight. :)

2. Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry posted on July 25, 2013 at 3:33 pm (#)

I would make these bars everyday of the week if my pants didn’t hate me.

3. Kristin posted on July 25, 2013 at 3:49 pm (#)

You had me at “funfetti”.

4. Emily @ Life on Food posted on July 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm (#)

These are just screaming my name! Super fun!

5. Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips posted on July 25, 2013 at 5:37 pm (#)

These look crazy good! I am the same way with dinner. I have a handful of things I make over and over, but other than that I am always experimenting.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:41 am

The life of a food blogger! :)

6. Kate | Food Babbles posted on July 25, 2013 at 5:48 pm (#)

Oh. My. Goodness!! I would definitely make these two, three, four times even! These look amazingly good :)

7. Julianne @ Beyond Frosting posted on July 25, 2013 at 6:02 pm (#)

Thanks for sharing my Espresso Cookie Dough bars!

8. Jamie @lifelovelemons posted on July 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm (#)

Mmmmm I definitely could see this as a multiple-bake recipe. YUM! That gooey center looks heavenly!

9. Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen posted on July 25, 2013 at 7:18 pm (#)

Funfetti, gooey, and cake/cookie bars. And white chocolate! I’m in heaven.

10. Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life posted on July 25, 2013 at 7:22 pm (#)

Bars are my favorite thing to make, and these look scrumptiously fun! I hear you about the “plain” request, get that from my family too — can’t believe that!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:40 am

It boggles my mind. Why would you want plain when you can have bars with 1,232 kinds of candy in them??

11. Aimee @like mother like daughter posted on July 25, 2013 at 7:36 pm (#)

oh my. with the cake batter ice cream i made last week for national ice cream day I have fallen in love with funfetti and cake batter food. These bars look so amazing. And I can’t even imagine how good they are with sweetened condensed milk in them!

12. Tieghan posted on July 25, 2013 at 7:57 pm (#)

So fun! I love using sweetened condensed milk to make gooey bars. I actually just made 2 bars recipes using it. So good! These sound and look incredible!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Thanks Tieghan! SO easy and versatile!

13. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on July 25, 2013 at 8:20 pm (#)

I have some Funfetti blondies on my site I made over Xmas and I loved those things. Just this week Funfetti cookies – and the minute I saw these on the BHG board, repinned! They look soooo good! Sweet cond milk & cake mix were my blog for like most of 2010 :) I will always love it :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:39 am

Me too, I think I could have a blog of JUST that. :)

14. Amy posted on July 25, 2013 at 8:37 pm (#)

Gooey is ALWAYS the best! I can’t imagine having brownies or bars any other way. Love the way the sprinkles turned out — they’re so bright and cute! (And nothing wrong with a fork attack… I do it all the time! ;) )

15. DavetteB posted on July 25, 2013 at 9:05 pm (#)

I have to try these – between cake batter and white chocolate, what could go wrong?

16. Kathy posted on July 26, 2013 at 6:35 am (#)

Fun! These would be a great treat school once it starts!

17. tanya posted on July 26, 2013 at 6:53 am (#)

I could make these several times a week!! I can’t get enough Funfetti food!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Me neither! Thank you Tanya!

18. Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar posted on July 26, 2013 at 7:14 am (#)

I have a well documented obsession with Funfetti! I will definitely be making these! YUM! Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:35 am

Yes you do! Thanks Lindsay!

19. Angie posted on July 26, 2013 at 7:21 am (#)

What fun colorful bars! Perfect for kids!

20. Laura posted on July 26, 2013 at 9:36 am (#)

These look o fun! Would love to try the lemon version as well :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:35 am

I need to re-make those! Thanks Laura!

21. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on July 26, 2013 at 10:02 am (#)

OMG! Love these bars Dorothy – colorful and delicious!

22. Jocelyn @BruCrew Life posted on July 26, 2013 at 10:32 am (#)

I completely understand the fork attack to these bars! Gooey cake bars do me in every single time too. Love the funfetti version here!!!

23. Ashley posted on July 26, 2013 at 10:32 am (#)

Funfetti has to be like THE best invention ever! Can’t get enough of it. I’m pinning these to make pronto!

24. Keia Lee posted on July 26, 2013 at 10:40 am (#)

um wow these look amazing! and they are so colorful! I think I’ll have to make these for my little girls birthday party!
    thanks for sharing :D
    Keia

25. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie posted on July 26, 2013 at 11:07 am (#)

Haha plain cookies, definitely problems for the child of a food blogger! If I ever have children I hope they are like my nephew and will eat anything.

26. Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats posted on July 26, 2013 at 11:07 am (#)

Life of a food blogger and their problems! I can’t wait to have my daughter ask me for regular stuff haha! I need to go back and repeat recipes and re do a lot of the pics in the worst way ever. These look yummy and easy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 26th, 2013 at 11:34 am

Oh, I totally need to do that too!! Some of the photos are downright embarrassing. :)

27. Stephanie @ Back For Seconds posted on July 26, 2013 at 11:28 am (#)

These look so yum! Your pictures are really fabulous too! Can’t wait to see the lemon version :)

28. Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen posted on July 26, 2013 at 12:36 pm (#)

So lucky to have found you ;) Now if only I wasn’t going on holiday on two weeks I would make these 2 times too!!

29. LIsa@hooplapalooza posted on July 26, 2013 at 2:13 pm (#)

oh it’s a party in a bar! i’m sooo making these :)

30. Tahnycooks posted on July 26, 2013 at 2:21 pm (#)

I can’t wait to show my boys these!!!! Gooey and yummy! Love the colors too!

31. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on July 26, 2013 at 4:25 pm (#)

Sweetened condensed milk in bars is always a good thing! :) These funfetti gooey bars are so fun!

32. Sue {munchkin munchies} posted on July 26, 2013 at 8:02 pm (#)

Gooey is GOOD! :)

33. Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com posted on July 27, 2013 at 12:01 am (#)

I’m the same way! Even when I love something, I rarely remake it, because there are only so many hours in the day and the blog monster only likes new food. :) But I feel like this recipe might be one I’d repeat over and over again!

34. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on July 27, 2013 at 11:32 am (#)

These have my name written all over them. ;)

35. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl posted on July 27, 2013 at 5:24 pm (#)

I can see why you made these twice in one week – holy cow, they are gorgeous!

36. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie posted on July 27, 2013 at 6:05 pm (#)

Oh yum! These sound and look delicious! I can see why you made them twice in one week ;)

37. Sues posted on July 28, 2013 at 12:44 pm (#)

LOVE these!! Definitely will be making them soon :)

38. Lydia posted on July 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm (#)

I made these last night. They are yummy but don’t look anything like they should. It hasn’t risen quite the same (they sunk when they came out of the oven) and the colours of the sprinkles seem to have melded and looks a little messy.
    Any idea what I have done wrong?

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 29th, 2013 at 7:31 am

I’m sorry! The sinking…I’m not sure about. We’re in a pretty dry area, so are you somewhere more humid? Could be something with the cake mix too. With the sprinkles, I always use jimmies (the long thin kind) because they don’t melt like some other kinds do (like nonpareils and such). I use the tub you find at Walmart for the most part. Possibly all sprinkles aren’t created equal in that way? I hope they tasted good anyway! In a pinch you can cover them with fresh sprinkles…no one will notice the defaults!

• Lydia replied on July 29th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I am in Brisbane, Australia so could be that :) It was the hit at both work and school (as I did 2 batches). Was soooo yum :) I guess that means I’ll just have to make it again to try and get it right ;)

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 30th, 2013 at 7:35 am

Thanks Lydia!!

39. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on July 29, 2013 at 12:27 pm (#)

These are so cute and they do look pretty amazingly gooey. I’d love to try them. I, also, hardly ever make the same thing twice. There are just too many amazing recipes to try. This one is going on my ridiculously long list.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 29th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

LOL, I have one of those lists too!!

40. Nessa posted on July 29, 2013 at 5:34 pm (#)

These look great!

41. Trish - Mom On Timeout posted on July 29, 2013 at 6:32 pm (#)

These look so wonderfully yummy Dorothy! Pinned and featuring on Wednesday!

42. Pingback: Meal Plan… Tuesday? | For The Sake of Cake

43. Pingback: Your Creative Timeout Party {No.92} - Mom On Timeout

44. Christy posted on August 4, 2013 at 11:38 am (#)

I made these today & they were fantastic!!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 4th, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I’m glad you liked them!!

45. Pingback: Sunday Snapshots – 8/4 | For The Sake of Cake

46. Pingback: BruCrew Top Ten - Inside BruCrew Life

47. Pingback: The Dolly Half-Dozen | Bunny and Dolly

48. Ashley posted on August 9, 2013 at 7:49 pm (#)

I am going to make this Sunday and hopefully share them with my co-workers on Monday. Do you think any adjustments would be needed for high altitude? I haven’t done any baking since I’ve been back in a high elevation.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2013 at 7:29 am

Enjoy!! Hmmm. I’ve never cooked in high altitude before. I found this website: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/bake/baking-at-high-altitudes/ that might help you!

• Ashley replied on August 11th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks! Crossing my fingers at 4,800 feet! I will post later with how they turn out!

• Ashley replied on August 11th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Well, I ended up turning the heat up about 15-20 degrees and I added a tablespoon of water. They turned out pretty good, the edges were a little drier than the rest but overall. pretty good!

49. Pingback: Peanut Butter and Jelly Gooey Bars - Crazy for Crust

50. Kelsy posted on August 13, 2013 at 9:23 am (#)

I just made these for my sister’s birthday. So delicious!
    My sister is like obsessed with Cliff Bars, so I broke one up and added the pieces to the top. They baked in really nicely and it turned out to be an awesome treat!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 13th, 2013 at 6:33 pm

What an awesome idea!! Then they become healthy from all that protein and fiber. :)

51. Pingback: 50 Back to School Ideas from Breakfast to Snack - Crazy for Crust

52. KMetro posted on August 16, 2013 at 1:59 am (#)

These look great! Can you double the recipe for a 9×13 pan or is it better to make two batches?

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 18th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I’ve never doubled it, but you probably could! Theoretically, you could make it with one cake mix and use a 9×13″ pan, but they’d be thinner. Let me know what you end up doing and how they turn out!

53. Pingback: Biscoff Pie Pops | wine & glue

54. Anna Bee posted on August 20, 2013 at 2:49 pm (#)

First time making a dessert from your site! Using peanut butter chips and chocolate cake mix, yum. Thanks for the creative inspirations. Love your recipes!!! :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 20th, 2013 at 2:57 pm

YUM! I want to come eat your version. Glad you liked the recipe!

55. Pingback: Faux Foodie Friday ~ Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars {Mega GIVEAWAY!}

56. brianne posted on September 7, 2013 at 9:52 pm (#)

Do you think just using funfetti mix would work too and not add the extra sprinkles? They sounds amazing! I love confetti!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 8th, 2013 at 10:49 am

Totally Brianne! I would have done that originally, but I didn’t have a funfetti mix on hand. Enjoy!

57. brianne posted on September 15, 2013 at 9:01 pm (#)

Just made these tonight and added mini marshmallows with the white chocolate chips…love the addition of marshmallows. The bars are very sweet…but delicious!

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 16th, 2013 at 8:22 pm

I love the marshmallow addition! I’m glad you liked them!!

58. Katherine posted on September 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm (#)

Apparently I am REALLY bad at reading directions! I made this (currently baking) in a 9×13 pan and accidently added the sweetened condensed milk last! Hopefully they turn out okay. If not I will be making these again :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I’m sure they’ll be good and gooey however you make them!! :)

59. Pingback: Funfetti Blossoms | Mother Thyme

60. Pingback: Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips - Crazy for Crust

61. Pingback: Caramel Apple Gooey Bars - Crazy for Crust

62. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Bar Recipe from Crazy for Crust | MUAH! Makeup Services | Makeup Beauty Blog

63. Pingback: funfetti, pumpkin & oatmeal | www.thehomemadegoodness.comwww.thehomemadegoodness.com

64. Pingback: Spooky Scary Sweets Week! ~ Candy Corn m&m Gooey Cake Bars!

65. slp posted on November 8, 2013 at 8:11 pm (#)

Made several versions of these (PB, chocolate, funfetti) and found that parchment paper works better than aluminum foil sprayed. Very yummy! I think I like Chocolate>PB>Funfetti!

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 10th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I need to get in the habit of using parchment to line my pans. I’m just so used to foil, but I bet the parchment would be even better. I usually spray the heck out of my foil with Pam so that they don’t stick! And I just bought a huge two-pack of parchment at Costco. Thanks for the tip!

66. Pingback: My first post! Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars | a piece of cayk

67. Amber posted on November 16, 2013 at 2:21 pm (#)

Hey there! Thanks so much for delicious recipie! Do leftovers need to be refrigerated?

• Dorothy Kern replied on November 16th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I don’t think so – I didn’t! :) They’ll last about two-three days on the counter, if they don’t get eaten. If you chill them they’ll last longer.

68. Pingback: Top 10 Viewed Recipes 2013 - Crazy for Crust

69. Terrie posted on January 6, 2014 at 8:33 pm (#)

Dorothy, YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!! When I feel sad or blue I can count on you to cheer me up!
    The holidays are hard fir me….we wont go there, but you do lift my spirits. I believe if someone helps you and you don’t make them aware its a wasted feeling for them. I am not in great health but you just keep my smiling with your chocolates and peanut butter until my last day here on Earth! And Jesus will be waiting to me for me to tell all you stories.
    I cherish you recipes and you stories!
    Your friend Terrie

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 7th, 2014 at 6:44 am

Thank you Terrie! That means so much to me, really. Half the time I feel like I’m just writing and putting stuff out there and have no idea if it even matters. This tells me it does. ((hugs)) and thanks!

70. Pingback: Funfetti Pudding Cookies - Crazy for Crust

71. Melissa posted on January 18, 2014 at 7:16 am (#)

Have you tried using the avocado in this recipe instead of the butter like you did in your Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars?

72. Kristy posted on January 19, 2014 at 7:46 pm (#)

These are AMAZING. I just discovered your website from Pinterest, and thank god for that. I’m always cooking dinner and baking (I went to school for it), but I love seeing and trying what other people come up with. These were easy, CHEAP, and seriously delicious.

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 20th, 2014 at 7:03 am

Thanks Kristy! I love how easy they are (almost too easy!)

73. Dolores Jones posted on January 30, 2014 at 6:56 am (#)

Luv these, look too gud.

74. Julie posted on February 2, 2014 at 6:34 am (#)

I used fun fetti cake instead of just yellow…in the oven now. We’ll see how they turn out.

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 2nd, 2014 at 7:09 am

I’m sure they’ll be amazing! That’s the beauty of this recipe; almost any cake mix will work!

75. Pingback: 50 Bar Recipes - Chocolate Chocolate and More!

76. Pingback: Funfetti Ooey Gooey Bars Recipe | The Gunny Sack

77. Sandra posted on February 26, 2014 at 4:03 pm (#)

Made them, ate them…

• Dorothy Kern replied on February 26th, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Glad you liked them!

• Sandra replied on February 26th, 2014 at 5:38 pm

My husband found them and inhaled three pieces while muttering, “these are awesome.” Yeah, they will definitely be back in my kitchen.

78. Lana G posted on March 5, 2014 at 2:23 am (#)

I made these a couple days ago for a friend’s birthday and they turned out great! I followed the recipe exactly except I used half the amount of sprinkles. I think they taste like a funfetti flavored cookie – they are so good! Thank you so much for this recipe, this was made for a funfetti fanatic and she loved them. I will definitely make these again.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 5th, 2014 at 6:58 am

Yay! I’m so glad you loved them. Thanks Lana!!

79. Pingback: Sprinkle Cake Bars | running4cupcakes

80. Amelia posted on March 29, 2014 at 8:54 pm (#)

Hi:) I was just wondering if I could substitute white cake mix instead of the yellow for this recipe. Thanks!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 30th, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Yes you can! You can really substitute any flavor. :)

81. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Bars | Delights from Rae

82. Pingback: Hawaii Adventures, Easter Gooey Bars, Lent and Samsung Galaxy Camera GIVEAWAY!

83. Ashley posted on April 26, 2014 at 3:31 pm (#)

Just curious …. are you supposed to make the cake mix like how it says on the box then and it in with the rest of the ingredients? I’m making theese as we speak and I just added the cake mix straight from the box.

• Dorothy Kern replied on April 27th, 2014 at 7:36 am

You just use the powder from the cake mix and my ingredients! If you’re using a hand mixer, it will take a long time to incorporate everything, so use a stand mixer if you have one. The dough will be like very thick cookie dough!

84. Pingback: 23 Easy Dessert Bars That Will Leave You Drooling | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

85. Pingback: Jeobox – 23 Easy Dessert Bars That Will Leave You Drooling

86. Kathleen R. posted on May 7, 2014 at 3:53 pm (#)

Ooooh you had me at gooey. Looks amazing :)

87. Jaitlyn posted on May 8, 2014 at 11:09 am (#)

I made these for my office. One of my coworkers proclaimed that he wanted to marry me so I could bake these for him every day.

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 9th, 2014 at 6:56 am

LOL! That’s so great, thank you. I’m glad everyone enjoyed them!

88. Kathleen M posted on May 9, 2014 at 10:56 am (#)

I stumbled upon your site and just had I add these to my list of desserts to make for Mother’s Day this year (even though it is quite full). Much of my family has celiac disease and this was so simple to adjust to be gluten free! Thank you so much! They just came out of the oven and I cannot wait to try them! Have you ever put them in the freezer to cool quicker? I’m not sure I can wait until Sunday to eat these!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 9th, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I’m so glad they work gluten free! That’s one of the thing I love about mixes! Freezer, go for it. I have used it for blast cooling before, not with these, but with other things. :)

89. Jaclyn McDevitt posted on May 11, 2014 at 9:34 am (#)

I made these for my moms birthday a few weeks ago and I’m repeating them today for Mother’s Day! We LOVE them and now that I know the base recipe, there’s seriously SO many options! I have an 8×8 pan and I cooked them in that last time and they still turned out great! Just a little fatter :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 11th, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I love them fat as can be! :) I’m so glad you liked them!!

90. Barbara posted on May 16, 2014 at 3:36 pm (#)

Just made these for the first and probably last time. They did not come out like bars at all. More like blobs. I followed the recipe to a T to no avail. I even cooked them 5 minutes longer. The white chips haven’t even melted….

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 18th, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Hi Barbara, I’m sorry about that. The white chips aren’t supposed to melt (you can see them in the bar in the picture). Kind of like a chocolate chip cookie? The pan of bars when removed from the oven is quite gooey, and needs time to set (hence the chilling). Once they’re chilled and cut, they taste amazing, even if they aren’t beautiful!

91. Pingback: Crust and Crumbs 12 - Crazy for Crust

92. Al posted on May 23, 2014 at 1:42 pm (#)

I made a variation of these with red velvet cake mix (with cubes of cream cheese mixed in after it’s blended) and white chocolate chips. O-M-G, it was almost better than S-E-X! Thanks for the recipe!

93. Pingback: White Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites | Baking Beauty

94. Anne posted on May 28, 2014 at 7:40 am (#)

I’ve made these twice so far, and I have to tell you that my husband LOVES them. “I’d do anything to get more” were his words to describe them. Ha! Thanks for the recipe!

• Dorothy Kern replied on May 29th, 2014 at 6:40 am

I’m so glad Anne!!! Thanks for letting me know!

95. Pingback: Funfetti Coffee Creamer - Crazy for Crust

96. Zannella posted on June 10, 2014 at 1:45 pm (#)

These look so yummy!
    I want them make them tonight. Are they ok to ship priority mail?

97. Pingback: Five Things Friday 20/06/14. |

98. Suann B posted on June 24, 2014 at 10:44 am (#)

Made my own version of these bars due to my mad love of rainbow chip cake mix and my complete inability to use a half of a can of sweetened condensed milk. Two rainbow chip cake mixes, two eggs, half cup each butter and plain yogut mixed to a thick batter. Two thirds spread in a parchment lined and sprayed 9 by 13 pan. Topped by two cups white chips and of course a whole can of sweetened condensed milk. Drop rest of batter by spoonfuls over top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool.

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 25th, 2014 at 7:00 am

LOVE IT! I know, I hate using half the can – but I’m usually making 100 other things, so it’s easy to use it. Using the whole can for a 9×13 is perfect!!

99. Pingback: Three. |

100. aurora posted on July 3, 2014 at 4:53 am (#)

So you can use a hand mixer?

101. Pingback: Cake Batter Funfetti Bars - Deliciously Sprinkled

102. Pingback: Funfetti Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

103. Maria G. posted on July 30, 2014 at 8:43 am (#)

I made the funfetti bars yesterday. My only note would be to use less or different sprinkles. I used Betty Crocker sprinkles and the colors blended together, it was messy and not as cute as the photos here. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very sweet.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 30th, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I know, different sprinkles behave so differently! I use Cake Mate Sprinkles (I think they’re a product of BC, but not 100% sure) that come in a tub at some grocery stores and Walmart. Those always perform best for me!

104. Pingback: » 17 Desserts Recipes That Will Blow Your MouthPictissimo | Pictissimo

105. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars | Bake with Christina

106. Kerrie posted on August 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm (#)

Oh my! The funfetti Gooey Cake Bars are devine! I made them on the 10th and couldn’t stop thinking about them long after they were gone! Tonight at the grocery store, my daughter asked to make them again! LOL….that’s my girl! :)
    We’ve already finished a row!! :)
    Then WOW, I saw the others in this post! I hadn’t looked beyond the Funfetti bars recipe!
    I have two more to try!
    Cheers!

• Kerrie replied on August 18th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Oh, and I wanted to say, I had pinned you the previous week…THUMBS UP!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 18th, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Yay!! I’m so glad you liked them. Thank you so much!

107. Pingback: New obsession with white chocolate -

108. Ashlie' posted on September 18, 2014 at 10:07 am (#)

I made these a few weeks ago and seriously ate almost the whole thing except for the couple pieces I allowed my husband to have in less than hours! lol now im attempting to double it for 9×13.

109. Ashlie' posted on September 18, 2014 at 10:13 am (#)

less than 24 hours^ lol!

110. Pingback: Get Daily Recipes.com | Funfetti Gooey Bars

111. Megan posted on October 23, 2014 at 11:07 pm (#)

These look sooo good. This might be a silly question but all I have is a hand mixer… Would I be able to use that for these??