Jul 25

Funfetti Gooey Bars

These Funfetti Gooey Bars are the best gooey bars ever! Made with a cake mix and a few simple ingredients, they are gooey to the max!

Funfetti Gooey Bars by crazyforcrust.com | These are the best gooey bars I've ever had!

I don’t make the same thing twice very often. Almost never, in fact. I mean, when you’re surrounded by sugar all day every day, most of it new recipes that you can post, the last thing you need (or want) is to make another batch of cookies. Some of my favorite repeats that I’ve posted on this blog (and boy, do I need to update some of these photos!) are:

Crumb Apple Pie

Zucchini Brownies

Peanut Butter Cookies (in some variation)

Banana Bread (in some variation)

Cinnamon Rolls (again, I never make the same version twice…)

Coffee Cake (the base is my mom’s recipe)

Fudgy Brownies (often with a new frosting flavor)

So see…even if I do make something twice…it’s often with a new variation. A new frosting flavor, or a new filling.

I have issues, and my daughter often asks for “plain cinnamon rolls” or “just a chocolate chip cookie” and my eyes cross.

I have one more recipe to add to this list: Funfetti Gooey Bars.

I made them twice. In ONE WEEK. That’s how good they were.

I made the first version and never even photographed them. They came out of the oven and we were super busy that afternoon, and by the next day the pan looked like a fork had attacked it.

Ahem.

So I remade them again. Because I had to share them with you.

These are my favorite gooey (cake) bars ever. They’re actually the first ones I made, before the Healthier Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars. But my friend Heather at Heather’s French Press made some Cake Batter Gooey Bars the same week I made mine. Hers were so fabulous, I had to wait to post a little while. Then I forgot.

Story of my life.

These bars start with a yellow cake mix. You mix that with an egg and some butter. The batter is layered with white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and half a can of sweetened condensed milk. If you use a whole can they are too gooey…hence the fork in the first batch.

These are funfetti to the extreme. Cake batter gooeyness. I need to make them again. YOU need to make them.

I’ve also made a lemon version. I didn’t photograph them. I guess those are going on the remake list too!

Aren’t you lucky to have found me? 😉

Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars

Yield: 9-12 bars

Ingredients:

• 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
  • 1/2 cup (from a 14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” pan with foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.
  2. Add cake mix, butter, and egg to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix until a thick dough forms. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
  3. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and remaining 1/3 cup sprinkles. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Separate remaining dough into small balls and evenly space over the top of the bars. Press down to flatten.
  4. Bake bars for about 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown. Cool completely before slicing, otherwise the mixture will be too gooey to cut. Optional: eat straight from pan with a fork.

Funfetti Gooey Bars

Other bars you might like:

Healthier Chocolate Gooey Cake Bars

healthier-chocolate-gooey-cake-bars (4 of 6)w

Brownie Mud Hen Bars

Brownie Mud Hen Bars by Crazy for Crust | A gooey brownie topped with a crunchy sweet meringue!

Carmelitas by The Recipe Critic
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Bars by Beyond Frosting
Caramel Pretzel Ooey Gooey Bars by Something Swanky

207 Responses to “Funfetti Gooey Bars”

1. Pingback: Cake Batter Funfetti Bars - Deliciously Sprinkled

2. Pingback: Funfetti Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

3. Maria G. posted on July 30, 2014 at 8:43 am (#)

I made the funfetti bars yesterday. My only note would be to use less or different sprinkles. I used Betty Crocker sprinkles and the colors blended together, it was messy and not as cute as the photos here. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very sweet.

• Dorothy Kern replied on July 30th, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I know, different sprinkles behave so differently! I use Cake Mate Sprinkles (I think they’re a product of BC, but not 100% sure) that come in a tub at some grocery stores and Walmart. Those always perform best for me!

4. Pingback: » 17 Desserts Recipes That Will Blow Your MouthPictissimo | Pictissimo

5. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Cake Bars | Bake with Christina

6. Kerrie posted on August 18, 2014 at 3:57 pm (#)

Oh my! The funfetti Gooey Cake Bars are devine! I made them on the 10th and couldn’t stop thinking about them long after they were gone! Tonight at the grocery store, my daughter asked to make them again! LOL….that’s my girl! :)
    We’ve already finished a row!! :)
    Then WOW, I saw the others in this post! I hadn’t looked beyond the Funfetti bars recipe!
    I have two more to try!
    Cheers!

• Kerrie replied on August 18th, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Oh, and I wanted to say, I had pinned you the previous week…THUMBS UP!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 18th, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Yay!! I’m so glad you liked them. Thank you so much!

7. Pingback: New obsession with white chocolate -

8. Ashlie' posted on September 18, 2014 at 10:07 am (#)

I made these a few weeks ago and seriously ate almost the whole thing except for the couple pieces I allowed my husband to have in less than hours! lol now im attempting to double it for 9×13.

9. Ashlie' posted on September 18, 2014 at 10:13 am (#)

less than 24 hours^ lol!

10. Pingback: Get Daily Recipes.com | Funfetti Gooey Bars

11. Megan posted on October 23, 2014 at 11:07 pm (#)

These look sooo good. This might be a silly question but all I have is a hand mixer… Would I be able to use that for these??

12. Stephanie Allen posted on October 26, 2014 at 7:48 pm (#)

I made this today but used chocolate cake mix and it turned out Great

• Dorothy Kern replied on October 27th, 2014 at 7:29 am

Ooooh what a great idea Stephanie!! Thanks for that!

13. Pingback: Blogger Spotlight: Crazy for Crust - Busy Mom's Helper

14. Danielle posted on November 26, 2014 at 3:50 pm (#)

I just made these for Thanksgiving tomorrow (I know, a little nontraditional but who cares!) I just tried one and it was SO good & they were rather inexpensive to make too (cost of food is high where I live) So glad I came across this recipe! Thank You!

15. miranda posted on January 10, 2015 at 11:45 pm (#)

Does it matter what kind of cake mix can it be something else besides yellow

• Dorothy Kern replied on January 11th, 2015 at 3:15 pm

You can use any flavor mix and any mix in (if you don’t want to use white chocolate chips).

16. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Bars | Crazy for Crust. Super… | taotina

17. Pingback: Family, Celebrations, Diabeetiz, and Pugs | realitynotdreams

18. Pingback: Funfetti Gooey Bars | The Baker's Blogg

19. Angela posted on March 12, 2015 at 9:58 pm (#)

Love your blog! Planning on making this tonight.

Is it UNSALTED BUTTER?

Thanks!!!

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 13th, 2015 at 7:27 am

You can use either; when I made these I used salted. If you use unsalted you may just want to add 1/4 teaspoon of salt!

20. Tara Grogan posted on March 19, 2015 at 3:44 am (#)

I live in Ireland, so we use a different measurement system, could anyone tell me how I would make these using grammes, or ounces measurements for the ingredients. Thank you so much.

• Dorothy Kern replied on March 19th, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I’m sorry I don’t have those for you Tara. Maybe you could google the ingredients and see if it comes up with conversions?

21. Katelyn posted on April 13, 2015 at 8:59 am (#)

Can you use marshmallows instead of chocolate chips? We have a chocolate allergy :/

22. Pingback: 25 OMG Worthy Cake Batter Desserts You Need To Try | All Gossip News

23. Pingback: 25 OMG Worthy Cake Batter Desserts You Need To Try - Do You Still Hate Me?

24. Pingback: 25 Delicious Cake Batter Desserts To Try Before You Die | Viral Dojo

25. Pingback: 25 Delicious Cake Batter Desserts To Try Before You Die | SaltyPepper

26. Pingback: 25 Delicious Cake Batter Desserts To Try Before You Die | I'M NOT SERIOUSI'M NOT SERIOUS

27. Sophie Scott posted on May 7, 2015 at 2:44 pm (#)

I’m from the UK and I have no idea what yellow cake mix is.. Help?! I HAVE to make these!!

28. Olga posted on June 24, 2015 at 1:21 am (#)

im doing these for my daughters bday and just wondering how many days do these last in an airtight container? also should they be kept in the fridge? thanks

• Dorothy Kern replied on June 25th, 2015 at 1:06 pm

They will last about 3-4 days in an airtight container, but good luck having them last that long, ha! No need to refrigerate but you can freeze them in a single layer for up to a month!

29. Pingback: After Pastry School – Shortcut Baking, a.k.a “Dirty Baking” | overworked & underbaked

30. Pingback: Dessert Bars | Rachel's blog

31. Pingback: Funfetti Goey Bars | Senior Year 2 Real World

32. Christie Farr posted on August 4, 2015 at 8:04 am (#)

I pinned this recipe because ..
    1. They looked sooo good.
    2. I have an 11 year old that is starting to know her way around the kitchen and this seemed easy enough for her.
    I was right on both points! My daughter had fun making them and they didn’t last 24hrs!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 4th, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I’m so glad you both enjoyed them!! And that she was able to make them. :)

33. Tori posted on August 10, 2015 at 5:37 pm (#)

These are super easy to make and very yummy! I was only able to eat a little square cause it’s really rich!! B+

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 10th, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I’m glad you like them! My stomach is finely honed to rich foods after years of practice, lol!