You only need 3 ingredients to make these easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies! These cookies are soft and chewy with lots of strawberry flavor – add in some white chocolate chips to make them even better or keep them plain. They’re perfect either way.
Why We Love These Cookies
Oh, I love my cake mix cookies! Don’t you love them, too? I mean, they are some of the easiest cookies you can make, and they always turn out great. Especially these strawberry cake mix cookies – they are soft, chewy, and so easy with just three ingredients!
First, they’re strawberry cookies made with cake mix, which means they’re pink, sweet, and full of strawberry flavor.
I’ve already mentioned it, but they are EASY. With only four ingredients and one bowl, you’ll have a batch mixed up in no time.
I’ve tested this recipe with all the major cake mix brands – I love to use Betty Crocker because it makes the best cookies from cake mix that don’t spread too much. Duncan Hines is another good choice – they will spread a little more than the other but still turn out great.
I love these with white chocolate chips mixed in, but you can use other mix-ins, and I have some great suggestions for you in the post!
Table of Contents
4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookies
Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Strawberry Cake Mix: Be sure to get a cake mix that is about 15.25 ounces, any brand.
- Butter: Melted unsalted butter makes these the EASIEST cookies – no mixer needed!
- Eggs: Be sure to buy large eggs
- White chocolate chips – you can substitute chocolate chips or omit for a 3-ingredient cookie recipe!
How to Make Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
1. Mix the cake mix, melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl. You can do this with a spoon or use a hand mixer. Mix in the white chocolate chips if you are using them.
2. Scoop two tablespoons of dough to form each ball. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You don’t need to space them at this point because they need to chill. Place the sheet in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3. Bake: Line another cookie sheet with parchment and place the chilled cookie dough balls on it, spaced two inches apart. Bake the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes at 350°F. They are done when they are no longer glossy.
4. Store: Cool them on the cookie sheet before removing them. Once cooled, keep them in an airtight container.
- You can use the same amount of oil for the butter, but the cookies will be flatter once they are baked. Or, try using softened butter instead of melted butter for a different cookie texture.
- There are a lot of options for mix-ins! Try using chocolate chips, m&m candies, or nuts like chopped walnuts or almonds. You can add up to 1 ½ cup of mix-ins, so feel free to do a mix, too!
- You can use any strawberry cake mix as long as it’s between 15 to 16 ounces. Just keep in mind that different brands will have different effects on the cookies. Some, like Pillsbury, make a flatter cookie, while Betty Crocker makes cookies that don’t spread as much.
Yes, and it’s an essential step for making the best cookies. Chilling firms them up, so they don’t spread as much when they’re baked.
Different cake mix brands can cause the cookies to flatten. I like Betty Crocker best for these cookies – they don’t spread as much and have a great texture. If you skip the chilling step, your cookies will be flatter, too.
Chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, chopped nuts, chopped candy, m&ms… pretty much anything you like! For this recipe, you can add up to 1 ½ cups of mix-ins.
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days. The cake mix helps them stay soft!
Yes freeze in an airtight container or bag with layers separated with paper towels for up to 2 months.
It doesn’t get any easier than 3 ingredient cookies, and this strawberry cake mix cookie recipe is a must-make! It’s great anytime but especially when you need a quick treat or dessert. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 15.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter , melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups (255g) white chocolate chips
- Add cake mix, melted butter and eggs to a large bowl. Stir or mix with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. No needs to space; you’re going to chill the dough. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone. Spread out cookies 2-inches apart on cookie sheets (see note). Bake 10-15 minutes or until they just lose their glossy sheen. They stay pretty puffed up and will settle a bit as they cool.
- Optional: press more white chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. Let cool before removing from pan or stacking.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are 3 ingredient cookies made with cake mix! Add white chocolate or any chocolate chips to make these easy cookies that taste like strawberries!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: June 11, 2021