The BEST Peanut Butter Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This is the BEST No Bake Peanut Butter Bar Recipe. It tastes like a peanut butter cup! With just 5 ingredients you can make copycat Reese’s bars at home and they’re no bake. Everyone loves these peanut butter bars!
Seriously, I dare you to eat just one!
Whew – what a day Friday was. Before noon I had:
Worked out at the gym.
Helped a friend clean and stage her house for photos and a showing.
Brought her dog back to my house. Chased him around the neighborhood to corral him into my yard where…they were painting my house.
We could only use the slider because it was door painting day. (Side note: my front door is teal!! *squeal*)
The guys were in and out of the house all day, ringing the doorbell with questions. (Side note: do you know what a labradoodle puppy does when the doorbell rings? She loses her mind.)
The dog walked in my house and promptly fell. He’s 10 and I have laminate flooring. So I managed to get him to the one carpeted area and placed out yoga mats for him.
When I let them out to use the lawn, Abby got out the side gate. Normally she listens to me and sticks right by me outside if she’s not on a leash, but, of course, not this time. I had to chase her around the yard…right in front of the brand new neighbors moving in. I tried to yell “Welcome to the neighborhood!” as she was barking her head off at the workers and I was chasing her around the yard.
Then my friend arrived with her two cats.
Abby has never met a cat before so that was interesting. (She was very insulted one of them didn’t want to be her BFF…but she kept trying even though she kept getting punched in the nose.)
Then we drank two mimosas.
Before noon, guys. BEFORE NOON.
If only I had these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars on hand…they would have paired so well with the mimosas. This is the BEST Peanut Butter Bars recipe I’ve made. They’re soft and sweet with a bit of crunch and a nice chocolate topping. The ratio is all peanut butter which is how any homemade peanut butter cup should be.
I’m no stranger to making peanut butter bars. I have ones made with pretzels, some with extra peanut butter, some with marshmallows, and even some made with Oreos. These are the most simple version but I love them the most.
This is such a classic recipe and it’s one we make all the time. The peanut butter is sweetened with powdered sugar and the crushed ritz crackers give them a little crunch. You can use any cracker for this recipe (Ritz, Keebler, graham crackers, etc) as long as it’s a buttery cracker that crushes easily. Even digestive biscuits would work (hiiii England and Australia!)
Of course all of those are mixed with melted butter (butter makes everything better) and forms into a gooey and rich mixture. As they cool they harden but stay soft, like the inside of a peanut butter cup.
The top is a mixture of chocolate chips and peanut butter, which helps melt the chocolate as well as temper it enough that it won’t crack when you cut the bars.
Basically, these peanut butter bars are a homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in bar form!
Make the BEST No Bake Peanut Butter Bars with crushed Ritz crackers – they taste like the inside of a peanut butter cup!
Peanut butter bars like these are so easy to make. They’re made in under 20 minutes and then they just have to chill. Slice them big or small (a little goes a long way) but people will be coming back for seconds and thirds!
How to make copycat peanut butter bars:
- Use your favorite peanut butter, creamy or crunchy. I have not tried this with a natural peanut butter, so I suggest using a traditional kind.
- I love using crushed Ritz crackers. One “tube” of them is about 30 crackers, and you need about 60 crackers to make 2 cups of crushed crumbs.
- Use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, whatever you like best!
The BEST No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 8 tablespoons 113g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs — about 60 crackers or about 194g
- 1 1/4 cups 142g powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter — divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9-inch or 9x13-inch pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. (Or you can use any size pan in between; the bigger the pan the thinner the bars.)
- Place melted butter, Ritz cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup peanut butter in a large bowl. Mix by hand until combined. Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Pour over bars and spread with a spatula to evenly coat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to set, slice into bars. **It’s best to slice them at room temperature so your chocolate doesn’t shatter.**
- These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator, depending on how warm your house is. The chocolate will get melty if it’s too hot, so use your judgement on where you should store them.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 /16th recipe) — Calories: 289, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 130mg, Carbohydrates: 28g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 4g
S’mores Peanut Butter Bars have marshmallows!
Peanut Butter Oreo Bars are a no bake peanut butter bar made with OREOS!
DOUBLE Peanut Butter Bars are all peanut butter!
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**