This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Today I’m sharing a homemade pizookie recipe that’s specially made for two. Create sweet memories with your other half using this homemade pizookie cookie recipe! This is a restaurant style skillet cookie you’re going to LOVE!
Table of Contents
Homemade Pizookie is SO GOOD!
Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey on the inside, chocolate chip cookie? This giant pizza cookie bakes in just minutes, and can be served fresh on the pan itself! Enjoy for two, or a giant chocolate chip cookie just for you!
Ingredients in a Skillet Cookie
- Butter: melted works best for this recipe
- Sugar: we’ll use both granulated and brown sugar
- Egg: just the yolk from a large egg
- Vanilla extract: to compliment the chocolate flavor
- Baking soda: for leavening
- Salt: just a pinch to balance the sweetness
- Flour: I like to sift my flour so my skillet cookie comes out fluffier
- Chocolate chips: mini chips are perfect for this recipe but feel free to use any candy you like
How to make a Pizookie Recipe
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray nonstick cooking spray on your mini cast iron skillet.
- Mix: Melt the butter in a large bowl then stir in both sugars, egg yolk, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Carefully add in the flour then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake: the mini cast iron skillet for about 18-24 minutes, or until the edges are puffed and the center no longer looks translucent.
- Serve: warm, with lots of whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkles.
The cookie will fall slightly after baking, as it cools. This is normal. The more underbaked you make it the more it will fall (which is totally fine by me, we love this a bit underbaked and gooey).
If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a 6” cake pan, and 8×4” loaf pan, or make individual cookies in a muffin pan.
Yes, you can! Just refrigerate the dough in a bowl and cover the top with a plastic wrap. Or store in an airtight container.
Have You Made This Recipe?
Leave a rating by clicking the stars below!
Homemade Pizookie Recipe
- ¼ cup (57g) butter , melted
- 8 teaspoons (38g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (62g) all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (56g) mini chocolate chips or other chocolate chips or candy
- Preheat oven to 350°F. You will need a 6.25” mini cast iron skillet to make this cookie as shown. If you don’t have a skillet, you can use a 6” cake pan, and 8×4” loaf pan, or make individual cookies in a muffin pan. If you are using a skillet, cake, or loaf pan, spray it with nonstick cooking spray. If you’re using a muffin pan, use liners for easy removal and serving (it will probably make about 4 muffin sized cookies).
- Melt butter in a large bowl. Stir in both sugars, then egg yolk, extract, baking soda and salt. Carefully stir in the flour then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Optional: add 1/3 cup of ANY kind of chips or candy instead of the mini chips called for, if you wish.
- Bake the mini cast iron skillet for about 18-24 minutes, or until the edges are puffed and the center no longer looks translucent. Using another pan will affect baking time.
- Serve warm, with lots of whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkles.
Other Small Batch Recipes
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
- Small Batch Sugar Cookies
- Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Skillet Brownie for 2
A Pizookie is a small batch skillet chocolate chip cookie – perfect for two! This is the perfect easy small batch cookie recipe – make it chocolate chip or add anything you like!
Last Updated on January 15, 2023