This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to make a small batch of peanut butter cookies! This recipe is perfect when you’re craving homemade peanut butter cookies but don’t have time to make a big batch. In about 30 minutes, you can have 10 fresh-baked cookies!
Table of Contents
Perfect Small Batch of Peanut Butter Cookies
If you’re a peanut butter fan, you will love this recipe! I’ve been working on small batch cookie recipes, and I now have the best small batch peanut butter cookies to share with you. They are so easy and have the best soft and chewy texture.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This recipe makes ten perfect peanut butter cookies!
- It’s a no-chill peanut butter cookie recipe, so there’s no waiting. Just make the dough, bake them, and in about 30 minutes, you’ll be enjoying fresh-baked cookies.
- I’m also sharing how to turn them into a small batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies or try some of the other mix-in ideas later in the post.
- I love small batch cookies because they’re gone in a day and I don’t have to worry about eating them more than once.
- They have the best soft and chewy texture – they’re basically the best recipe for small batch peanut butter cookies!
- Softened Unsalted Butter: If you use salted, omit the salt in the recipe.
- Peanut Butter: Use a no-stir peanut butter (not natural peanut butter). I used creamy peanut butter in this recipe but you can also use crunchy peanut butter!
- Sugar: My favorite cookie recipes contain both Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar
- Egg Yolk: Just the yolk adds the perfect amount of richness without being too much.
- Vanilla, Milk, Pinch of Salt, Baking soda: Traditional peanut butter cookie ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour: Be sure to measure it correctly
How to Make Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven. Cream butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add both sugars and mix until combined.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla, milk, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Scoop two tablespoons of dough to form each cookie dough ball. Place them two inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Press the cookies with a fork to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the peanut butter cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies turn lightly golden brown and the tops are no longer glossy.
- The easiest way to change them up is with some mix-ins. Try adding chocolate chips to make chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. Or add peanut butter chips or M&Ms. You can add up to 1/3 cup of add-ins!
- For cookies with more texture, use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy.
- For an extra touch, roll the cookie dough balls in granulated sugar before baking them.
Avoid using natural peanut butter. Regular crunchy or creamy peanut butter (no-stir) works best.
Nope! As soon as you mix the dough, roll it into balls, and it’s ready to bake.
Store cooled peanut butter cookies in an airtight container. They will keep well for up to three days at room temperature.
Yes, they are freezer-friendly. You can freeze the cookie dough balls to bake later or freeze the baked cookies for up to a month.
Did you use melted butter? For this recipe, your butter should be softened but not melted. Melted butter will cause the cookies to spread too much. Also, double check that your baking soda is not expired. If it is, it won’t work correctly, and your cookies won’t puff up when they bake.
Yes, you can double it but be sure to use two egg yolks and not a whole egg.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup (67g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons (8ml) milk
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (108g) all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat baking mats.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, milk, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough just comes together.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon sized cookie balls onto prepared cookie sheet, 2-inches apart. Use a fork to press the cookies down with a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until the bottoms start to become light golden and the cookies are no longer glossy in the center.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month.
More Small Batch Recipes To Try Soon
- Small Batch Skillet Blondie for Two
- Mini Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Small Batch Sugar Cookies
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes
- Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
When you are just wanting a small dessert to hit the spot- try these Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies! In about 30 minutes, you can have fresh-baked cookies!
Last Updated on January 23, 2023