This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Parmesan Baked Zucchini is one of our favorite easy side dishes! Just a few ingredients make this the perfect side dish any meal – but especially on those busy weeknights. We have this as part of a 30 minute meal so often!
Parmesan Baked Zucchini
As I’ve mentioned, we absolutely love roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables are actually my favorite way to cook them!
We enjoy zucchini made every way: sautéed, baked, as bread and muffins, or as pie bars…you know, all the important ways you make zucchini. As a side dish, oven roasted zucchini is my favorite way to make them, especially when they’re roasted zucchini with parmesan.
Ingredients in my Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- Breadcrumbs – I love using Italian style, or you can use panko
- Parmesan – grated parmesan cheese (the kind from the canister)
- Garlic powder – be sure you’re not using garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning – or a combination of your favorite dried herbs
- Zucchini – Once you have your seasoning mix put together, slice your zucchini however you like it. You can make these into rounds or fries.
How to bake Easy Baked Zucchini
- Mix together the seasoning with breadcrumbs and quarter cup grated parmesan.
- Slice your zucchini into wedges or slices.
- Simply toss the zucchini wedges in the seasoning mix and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Preheat oven and bake zucchini until it’s golden brown.
Expert Baked Zucchini Tips
- Use non-stick foil or spray your cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Make sure the zucchini is in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
- You don’t need to toss your zucchini with olive oil but you can – toss it with 1 tsp before coating with spices.
Pair this with…
These are a great side dish for any 30 minute meal!
If your kids love dipping sauce, I recommend serving them with a side of ranch, marinara sauce, or pizza sauce. Even Pesto would be so good.(Speaking of pizza sauce, have you ever tried Zucchini Pizza?)
Instead of baking the zucchini in the oven, make air fryer zucchini by preheating your air fryer to 400° and adding the wedges into the basket. Time will be dependent on your air fryer, but it will take about 10-15 minutes.
I leave the peel on for when I’m making it as a vegetable or I’m using it in baked goods.
For side dish recipes, you’ll want to cut the zucchini in wedges or coins/slices or dice it. For baked goods, you’ll want to grate it on the large side of a box grater.
Store the leftover parmesan zucchini in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It will get mushy as it sits so it’s best to reheat this in the air fryer or in the oven at 400°F.
Parmesan Baked Zucchini Recipe
- 2 large zucchini or 3 medium
- ½ cup Italian Style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice zucchini into wedges or rounds as desired. Try to make sure all the pieces are evenly sliced.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and spice mixture. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through, stirring as needed. Cooking time will depend on thickness of slices.
- Serve immediately.
Other Uses for Zucchini
- Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Banana Bread
- Zucchini Brownies
- Best Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Galette
- Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Parmesan Roasted Zucchini is one of our favorite easy side dishes! Just a few ingredients make this the perfect 30 minute dinner recipe.
Last Updated on October 11, 2023