Parmesan Roasted Zucchini is one of our favorite easy side dishes! Just a few ingredients make this the perfect side dish for a 30 minute dinner recipe.
As I’ve mentioned, we absolutely love roasted vegetables. Roasting vegetables are actually my favorite way to cook them!
I’ve loved zucchini since I was young. I remember one time when I was in high school we had a garden and planted zucchini. It’s amazing how they grow – one day you see none on the plant and the next day they’re the size of baseball bats. God forbid you go on vacation and forget to check the garden!
We enjoy zucchini made every way: sautéed, baked, as bread and muffins, or as pie bars…you know, all the important ways you make zucchini. As a side dish, roasted is my favorite way to make them, especially when they’re roasted zucchini with parmesan.
I think that adding spices and parmesan cheese to any vegetable makes them more appealing, especially to kids. I also like to cut my zucchini into wedges (or zucchini “fries” as we call them). Call them fries and maybe the kids will enjoy them!
Parmesan Roasted Zucchini is an easy side dish that the whole family will love.
What do you season roasted zucchini with?
My Parmesan Roasted Zucchini starts with an easy seasoning mix. I mix together some breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese (the kind from the canister), and spices:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
Once you have your seasoning mix put together, slice your zucchini however you like it. You can make these into rounds or fries.
Simply toss the zucchini wedges in the seasoning mix and place them on a cookie sheet.
Easy Tips for Roasting Zucchini:
- Use non-stick foil or spray your cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Make sure the zucchini is in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Heat your oven to 400°F.
Roasting the zucchini shouldn’t take longer than 20-30 minutes, depending on how you’ve sliced it. Thinner slices will cook faster, thicker will cook slower.
These are a great side dish for any 30 minute meal!
How do you love eating your zucchini?
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates. If you make this recipe, share a photo on social media tagging @crazyforcrust and using the hashtag #crazyforcrust.
Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- 2 large zucchini or 3 medium
- 1/2 cup Italian Style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice zucchini into wedges or rounds as desired. Try to make sure all the pieces are evenly sliced.
- Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and spice mixture. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through, stirring as needed. Cooking time will depend on thickness of slices.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: February 28, 2019