This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Stop what you’re doing and try this Zucchini Pizza with an incredible homemade pizza sauce! It takes only a few minutes to put together and is sure to be a hit.
Table of Contents
What is zucchini pizza?
Whether you know me or not, I’m sure you can guess what my favorite part of the pizza is. Here’s a hint: I’M CRAZY FOR CRUST!
Before you say, “Ewww!!! Zucchini doesn’t belong on pizza!!!” just stick with me for a moment because this may be the weird pizza recipe you’ll end up falling in love with.
Once I learned how easy it was to make my own pizza sauce, I vowed to never buy store-bought sauce again. This pizza is one of my go-to Friday night dinners!
- Pizza Crust: you can start with homemade pizza dough or store-bought pizza dough. Either way is fine. I’ve even done this with my 2 ingredient dough!
- Cheese: this is a judgment-free zone so use as much shredded Mozzarella Cheese as you like.
- Zucchini: I had 2 medium zucchini so I used one for each pizza.
How to make zucchini pizza
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees. The hotter the better – I even like preheating my pan too for a crunchy bottom pizza.
- Slice zucchini and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the thinly sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the zucchini for about 10 minutes but keep an eye on them just in case. They should keep their color but look dehydrated.
- Stretch out your pizza dough to the desired size.
- Top the pizza dough with your homemade sauce, cheese, roasted zucchini, and any other toppings you choose.
- Bake according to your pizza crust directions and you’re done!
- Choose a pizza dough that’s gluten-free if you prefer
- Make your own homemade sauce – you won’t be sorry.
- Don’t like the crunch of al dente zucchini? Cook it first for a few minutes while the oven preheats.
Yes! Use any kind of pizza crust you like.
You can microwave your pizza but I find the best results in the oven. I usually toast mine for about 2-5 minutes.
Yes. Zucchini doesn’t need to be cooked beforehand but I love the added flavor it gives when roasted ahead.
Zucchini Pizza Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Stretch and pat pizza dough with floured hands to fill greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with cheese. Top with zucchini.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- Cool just a minute or so before slicing and serving.
Last Updated on July 19, 2023