This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken is the perfect easy weeknight meal! This cheesy sheet pan chicken is so flavorful from the jalapeño popper flavors inside.
What is Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken?
Jalapeno Popper Sheet Pan Chicken is an easy weeknight meal full of the flavors everyone loves: cream cheese, jalapeños, and cheese! It’s chicken stuffed with cheese and jalapeños and cooked on a sheet pan – it’s a 30 minute meal that’s perfect for a weeknight.
I have a good friend whose husband is an amazing cook. I’ve tried for years to get him to let me post his recipes because they are to DIE FOR. In fact, Jordan requested his pecan pie for her birthday dessert (and it’s way better than my regular pecan pie recipe, which is saying a lot). He made the jalapeño poppers I tried for the first time; they were full of cream cheese and cheese and I think there is even sausage in his recipe. One time, at a party, I ate about 10 of them and dearly paid for it for days.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- I’d never made a sheet pan meal before this recipe and I’m kicking myself because they’re SO EASY.
- Chicken can be so boring! We eat it all the time and it gets hard to find new ways to make it. Stuffed chicken breasts with a spicy cheesy mixture is just the thing you need to kick your old chicken recipe up a notch.
- Throw all your ingredients onto a sheet pan and bake until done. It’s the easiest meal, perfect for busy weeknights. Easy clean-up too!
Jalapeño Popper Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – make sure they’re thawed
- Challenge cream cheese – you need 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Pickled jalapeños – my favorite thing ever!
- Cheddar cheese – a classic popper ingredient!
- Bell Peppers – use your favorite colors
- Onion – slice it thin
- Green beans – for the vegetable portion of our sheet pan meal
- Olive oil – to coat all the vegetables.
If there is one thing you have to choose, it’s Challenge Cream Cheese. Using the best ingredients makes the best meal, after all. Challenge Cream Cheese is creamier and smoother than it’s counterparts, and it’s full of real ingredients with no added preservatives or hormones. Plus, it’s local for me, which I love. Challenge is made using a California Co-op that was formed over 100 years ago, but the products are available nationwide.
Moral of the story: I really think Challenge has the best cream cheese. I’ve tasted lots of brands and I pinky swear to you THIS one is the best one.
How to make Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
If you’ve never stuffed chicken before, it’s really easy!
- Just mix up your stuffing ingredients: cream cheese, cheese, and pickled jalapeños.
- Slice the chicken open to create a pocket, and stuff the filling in. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
- Toss the vegetables with oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425° and place everything on a sheet pan. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are roasted.
Sheet pan chicken really is the perfect meal – the entire meal all in one pan!
- Make sure your chicken breasts are uniform sized for even cooking.
- Choose your favorite vegetables, but ones that stand up to the high heat of the oven work best (peppers, onion, green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc)
- If you like your veggies less done, start the chicken for about 10 minutes then add the vegetables later.
- This recipe is low carb and gluten free, making it the perfect healthy chicken dinner.
Stuffing chicken breasts can take up to 40 minutes, depending on thickness and size.
Cook the chicken until it reaches 165° internal temperature to make sure it’s done. Measure the temperature with an instant read thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
I don’t recommend making this stuffed chicken recipe in an air fryer – the cream cheese might leak out and make a mess.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing this recipe.
Jalapeño Popper Sheet Pan Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (2-4 breasts, depending on size)
- 4 ounces Challenge cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños diced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 peppers red, yellow, green, or a combination, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 12-16 ounces green beans washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an 18×25” rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together cream cheese, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
- Slice each chicken breast open slightly and stuff 1/4 of the cheese mixture into the center of each breast. Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- Toss peppers, onions, and green beans with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the center of the prepared baking sheet and the vegetables around the outside. Bake until the thickest part of the chicken is no longer pink and the vegetables are cooked, stirring the vegetables halfway through baking. This will take 25-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
Other favorite recipes:
This post has been sponsored by Challenge Dairy. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last Updated on September 23, 2022