I made Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream and sandwiched them with Funfetti Sugar Cookies to make Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches!
That’s a mouthful but really what it means is you get to eat cookies with ice cream and they’re all full of sprinkles!
Now, if you read my blog at all, you know that 99.9% of the time I make Easy Ice Cream. I do own an ice cream machine, but I forget to freeze the canister. Plus the easy version is just so easy! Get all my No Churn Ice Cream Recipes here.
Table of Contents
How to make Cake Batter Ice Cream
If you’ve never had easy ice cream, it’s only got two base ingredients: sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream. Once frozen, it turns into amazing ice cream!
To make my easy ice cream, I like to use fat-free sweetened condensed milk. Eagle brand makes it, and Walmart has a generic version. If you can’t find it, use the regular sweetened condensed milk.
Then you add your flavoring. To make this Cake Batter, I used butter extract. I prefer that to using cake mix because I hate having open boxes of cake mix all over the place and butter extract achieves the same goal. Toss in some sprinkles and you have funfetti!
Whipped Cream vs Cool Whip
For the whipped cream component, you can whip 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. Or, you can use Cool Whip. I use the fat free kind, use your favorite.
If you’re using whipped cream, you’ll want to start with 2 cups of COLD heavy whipping cream and beat it to stiff peaks. Then, carefully fold in your sweetened condensed milk.
If you want to use Cool Whip, you use two 8-ounce containers. The texture of the finished ice cream is a little stickier than the whipped cream route, but it’s easy, and you can use fat-free or sugar-free.
Making Funfetti Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
The ice cream is amazing on it’s own, but it’s even better when it’s sandwiched between two cookies. #anythingisbetterwithcookies
I used my Perfect Sugar Cookie recipe to make these cookies. In that recipe I have a sprinkle variation – just add some sprinkles to the batter before baking. They add some extra sweetness and a little funfetti crunch, so they’re perfect without frosting.
They’re also perfect when sandwiched with Cake Batter Ice Cream!
Tip for making ice cream sandwiches
I suggest that you have both components made and ready, then make the ice cream sandwiches right before serving. Freezing them made the cookies too hard to enjoy, and by the time they thawed out enough to eat the ice cream was a soupy mess.
I had a hard time just eating one of these ice cream sandwiches. I have a really hard time eating only one or two of the cookies alone, so when paired with homemade ice cream? I’m done for.
And, of course, kids love these. Show me a kid that doesn’t like (1) cake batter or (2) sprinkles and I’ll be shocked.
I’d say show me an adult who felt that way and I’d be shocked too, but I live with one. (An ice cream he will eat is coming up later this week!)
So Cake Batter Ice Cream + Funfetti Sugar Cookies = The BEST Ice Cream Sandwiches!
If they make it to ice cream sandwiches, that is. 🙂
- Be sure to check out all my funfetti recipes!
- Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars
- Funfetti Gooey Bars
- Funfetti Coffee Cake
- Funfetti Millionaire Cake by Life, Love, and Sugar
- Funfetti and Oreo Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies by Averie Cooks
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 recipe Perfect Sugar Cookies baked and cooled (or your favorite store-bought cookie), use the sprinle option in that post for sprinkle cookies
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (I like to use the fat-free kind)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 8 ounce containers Cool Whip (regular, light, or fat-free), see note
- 2/3 cup sprinkles rainbow jimmies
- Place the sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and butter extracts. Fold in the Cool Whip and the rainbow sprinkles.
- Place ice cream mixture in an airtight container. (You can use both of the Cool Whip containers, it will fit.) Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve: sandwich 1/4 cup of ice cream between two cookies. I do not suggest making these and freezing them – the cookies get too hard. Make and serve immediately.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Cake Batter Ice Cream sandwiched between two sprinkle cookies is the perfect summer treat! This easy no churn cake batter ice cream is made into an ice cream sandwich with funfetti cookies.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: July 14, 2014