This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Moose Tracks Ice Cream is an easy no churn ice cream recipe with just four ingredients! If you love peanut butter cups and fudge sauce, you will love this easy ice cream recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Moose Tracks Ice Cream?
If you’ve wandered by the Walmart ice cream section, maybe you’ve seen Moose Track Ice Cream – this is my homemade copycat version, and it’s so easy to make.
It’s a vanilla ice cream with chocolate peanut butter cups and ribbons of fudge sauce mixed in. It was first developed by a company called Denali Flavors, but other brands have their versions. Blue Bell has a version called Happy Tracks which is basically the same thing.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It’s actually really easy to make at home, and you don’t even need an ice cream maker! My no churn moose tracks ice cream only has four ingredients, and you only need an electric mixer to make it.
What’s in Moose Tracks Ice Cream?
- Heavy whipping cream: This is to make the whipped cream. You can swap Cool Whip for a semi-homemade twist (see below) but you there is no substitute for heavy whipping cream for making the whipped cream.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Regular or fat free
- Mini Reese’s Cups: Or you can chop regular size ones.
- Warm hot fudge – I like to use Hershey’s Hot Fudge topping
Substitute 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip for the whipped cream. Your ice cream will be softer and stickier, but it’s a great way to make it low-fat or lower in added sugar.
How to Make Easy No Churn Ice Cream
- Whip the cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer until it holds stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a 9×5” loaf pan. Drizzle the warm hot fudge over the top, and then use a butter knife to swirl it with the ice cream.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and freeze the ice cream for five to six hours or until it’s firm.
- When you scoop it into bowls, top it with a drizzle of warm hot fudge and a sprinkle of chopped peanuts!
You can keep it in the freezer for about a month and a half if you store it in an airtight container with a lid or cover the container tightly with plastic wrap.
This is the best moose tracks ice cream recipe – nothing beats homemade! So, skip the store-bought pint and make this easy recipe. You’ll love every cold and creamy bite!
- After you whip the cream, be careful folding the sweetened condensed milk. You want to do this slowly and don’t stir; otherwise, you’ll deflate the whipped cream.
- Look for mini peanut butter cups that are unwrapped. If you can’t find them, you can unwrap regular-sized cups and cut them into quarters or mini ones in half.
- Moose tracks takes a little longer to freeze because of the warm fudge, but it’s usually ready to serve within five to six hours.
Other Recipes To Try:
Have you tried it?
Be sure to click the stars below to give it a 5 star review!
Moose Tracks No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounces) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- ½ cup hot fudge topping warmed
- Whip the heavy cream in a large until the cream begins to form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the heavy cream, then fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×5 loaf pan and drizzle the warm fudge on top. Use a knife or fork to swirl the hot fudge into the ice cream mixture. Cover and place the pan in the freezer for 5-6 hours to all the ice cream to set.
- This ice cream takes a little longer to freeze than other no churn ice creams just because you are adding warm fudge to the mixture, but it will still be good to go around the five-hour mark. Depending on your freezer, it may be ready around the four-hour mark so just be sure to check on it.
- The mini, unwrapped peanut butter cups worked perfectly for this recipe. If you do not have access to these, you can use regular peanut butter cups cut in quarters or mini wrapped cups cut in half. You don’t want them to be too big because they will freeze and be hard to bite through.
- This ice cream tastes great served with a drizzle of hot fudge or crushed peanuts.
This ice cream will last for about a month and a half when stored covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
- Substitute 2 containers Cool Whip for the whipped cream (the texture of the final ice cream will be a little softer and stickier than when made with whipped cream).
Copycat Moose Tracks Ice Cream is a no churn ice cream that’s easy to make at home – creamy easy ice cream filled with peanut butter cups and fudge!