This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Fireworks Blondies – this EASY blondie recipe is the BEST EVER COOKIE BAR! It’s so soft and perfect with any additions, but especially with 4th of July M&Ms and sprinkles!
I feel like I’m in a major recipe rut. I can’t decide what to make! I keep thinking about fun recipes I want to share and then going back and forth on whether or not to make them, what flavor to make them, or when to post. No bake desserts, dinner recipes, cookies, bars, cake…what should I make?
It’s times like these that I do two things:
- I go stare at my pantry in the hopes I can use up some of the food I’ve hoarded. (Because no one needs 23 boxes of instant pudding mix. No one, not even a food blogger.)
- I go back to an old standby recipe and make it new and fresh again.
Can you guess which one I did to make these Fireworks Blondies? That’s right, the good old standby route. Take a recipe I love and make it new again. Enter: Fireworks recipes and Blondie recipes and marry them!
This blondie recipe is my FAVORITE cookie bar recipe – ever. I’ve made them with Milky Way candy bars, I’ve turned them into cinnamon rolls. I’ve made them with peanut butter and stuffed them to make them gooey bars. I’ve made them s’mores and red velvet.
Basically, this blondie recipe is the most perfect and best blondie recipe out there on the internet. Yeah, I’m going there. I’m proclaiming something “THE BEST ON THE INTERNET”.
Why, you ask? Well, I think that 2 cups of brown sugar goes a long way in saying WHY these are the best. Plus, butter. And any mix-in you like…like 4th of July M&Ms and sprinkles. Heck, these blondies even lasted weeks in a care package and made there way all the way to Iraq to brighten a soldiers day.
Hero blondies, if you ask me. Which is why turning them into FIREWORKS BLONDIES for the 4th of July seemed a natural choice.
These are perfect for any 4th of July party. I love making no-bake desserts like Eclair Cakes and Lush for my 4th of July party, but really, everyone loves grab and go food. They want cookies and bars and grab and go food…and these blondies are PERFECT for that. Plus, the kids love them. Prepare for them to disappear FAST!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups red white, and blue M&Ms
- 1/2 cup patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and brown sugar with a stand or a hand mixer until crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in salt, baking powder, then flour. Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Spread in prepared pan. The mixture is wet so it’s best to spray your hands with cooking spray and then smooth the dough with your hands to get an even layer. Top with extra M&Ms if desired to make them look prettier.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes until they start to turn golden. Err on the side of under baked with these - they’ll finish baking as the cool and you don’t want them over baked.
Love 4th of July red, white, and blue food? Be sure to check out my Fireworks Pudding Cookies, Fireworks Sugar Cookie Cake, and Shortbread Cookies you could turn red, white, and blue! And be sure to check out some of my friend’s recipes that are perfect for the 4th: Fireworks Cake Roll by Big Bear’s Wife, Fireworks Sugar Cookie Pie by Wine & Glue, or Reese’s Firecracker Oreos by Sweet Basil.
Last Updated on May 12, 2020