Easy chicken Parmesan – this quick dinner recipe is totally foolproof. The chicken comes out moist every time! It’s the BEST chicken Parmesan recipe we’ve ever had and it’s my husband’s favorite.
The BEST Easy Chicken Parmesan
I’ve been making this baked chicken recipe for weeknight dinners for a long time and we love it because it’s totally foolproof.
- It’s baked, not fried, so it has less calories
- It’s never dry! Dry chicken is the worst, which is why I like this easy chicken Parmesan recipe so much.
- Works EVERY time
- Done in just about 30 minutes!
This is a tried and true recipe I’ve been making for almost 20 years and I know you’ll love it as much as we do.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in Easy Chicken Parmesan
Chicken Breasts: I like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts. When I can find them, I’ll buy thin sliced so they aren’t as bulky and oddly shaped. If using regular chicken breasts, be sure to cut them so they are uniform in size and thickness (this way they will cook the same).
Breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese: These are lightly coated in breadcrumbs that have been mixed with grated parmesan cheese. I don’t do the double dip with flour and egg to make it a bit healthier. You don’t miss it! You don’t even need an egg – the breadcrumbs stick just fine to the chicken.
Pasta Sauce: Use your favorite jarred or homemade tomato sauce.
Mozzarella Cheese: Shred it yourself for best melting results! Pre-shredded cheese has a coating that makes it not melt as pretty.
How to make Foolproof Chicken Parmesan
- I like to make sure my chicken breasts are uniform in size. A lot of times a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts will have varying sizes in the package, and even the breast itself can be very thick at one end and thin at the other. To combat this problem I like to slice each breast in half lengthwise so I get equal sized pieces.
- Then, the chicken is breaded, as it is in traditional chicken parmesan. The breading sticks fine without egg, which reduces a step. The chicken is baked at a high temperature, sealing in moisture and baking it quickly.
- At the end of baking, right when regular chicken recipes would be getting dry, you add pasta sauce and cheese to the hot pan. The covering of sauce helps the chicken finish cooking yet keeps it nice and juicy.
Not only is this easy chicken Parmesan the perfect date night dinner, but it’s also perfect for a quick easy weeknight meal.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 full breasts)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce any flavor
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pasta for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9×9” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Depending on the sizes of your chicken breasts, slice each longwise into 4-6 ounce pieces. Place breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and stir.
- Place each chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture to thoroughly coat both sides. Place in pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they start to look done and crispy.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and top with pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through. Serve over pasta, if desired. We also like to serve this with just a salad for a lower carb meal.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Instant Pot Chicken is another quick weeknight meal
Orange Chicken is one of my favorites!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 6, 2018