Easy chicken Parmesan – this quick dinner recipe is totally foolproof. The chicken comes out moist every time! It’s the BEST chicken Parmesan recipe we’ve ever had and it’s my husband’s favorite.
It’s mid-February and we are in the middle of our super busy marathon: family visits and birthdays and trips, oh my! Mel and I haven’t had a chance to sneak away for a date night in weeks and there isn’t a break anytime soon. So, this past Monday night, I planned a date-night-in dinner for us. Jordan had an extra long dance class and someone else was driving carpool, so we were alone in the house for a couple of hours. We turned off the TV and ate at the dining room table like adults. I even set the table!
In normal, less-hectic times we try to do dinner in at least once a month. On these nights I like to make a special dinner that I know Mel loves, but I want it to be an easy recipe. After all, I don’t want to spend hours cooking when we only have a few hours alone, and I don’t want to spend the entire night doing dishes either. That’s why this Easy Chicken Parmesan is one of the best for date night, or even for a quick dinner on a busy weeknight. It really is a 30 minute meal!
I’ve been making this baked chicken recipe for weeknight dinners for a long time and we love it because it’s totally foolproof. It’s not fried, so it has less calories and it’s never dry. Dry chicken is the worst, which is why I like this easy chicken Parmesan recipe so much.
What makes this chicken Parmesan recipe foolproof? A few things, actually.
- I like to make sure my chicken breasts are uniform in size. A lot of times a package of boneless skinless chicken breasts will have varying sizes in the package, and even the breast itself can be very thick at one end and thin at the other. To combat this problem I like to slice each breast in half lengthwise so I get equal sized pieces.
- Then, the chicken is breaded, as it is in traditional chicken parmesan. The breading sticks fine without egg, which reduces a step. The chicken is baked at a high temperature, sealing in moisture and baking it quickly.
- At the end of baking, right when regular chicken recipes would be getting dry, you add pasta sauce and cheese to the hot pan. The covering of sauce helps the chicken finish cooking yet keeps it nice and juicy.
Not only is this easy chicken Parmesan the perfect date night dinner, but it’s also perfect for a quick easy weeknight meal.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 full breasts)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce any flavor
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pasta for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9x9” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Depending on the sizes of your chicken breasts, slice each longwise into 4-6 ounce pieces. Place breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish and stir.
- Place each chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture to thoroughly coat both sides. Place in pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they start to look done and crispy.
- Remove hot pan from the oven and top with pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through. Serve over pasta, if desired. We also like to serve this with just a salad for a lower carb meal.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Instant Pot Chicken is another quick weeknight meal
Orange Chicken is one of my favorites!
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: October 6, 2018