This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Cherry Delight Recipe has a cool and creamy cheesecake filling, graham cracker crust and homemade cherry pie filling to top it off. It’s a no-bake dessert that’s a classic: the combination of cherries and cheesecake is a perfect match!
If you’re looking for an easy dessert: this is IT!
This Cherry Delight hits so many bases – it’s a no bake dessert, it’s a great way to use fresh cherries, and it’s perfect for making ahead for potlucks or other events where you need an amazing dessert. Oh, and the flavor – cherries and cheesecake is one of my favorite flavor combos. The sweet and tart cherries balance out the richness of the cheesecake filling. Add the graham cracker crust and it completes the whole thing.
And – you don’t HAVE to use my cherry pie filling for the top – you can totally use a can of cherry pie filling, making this an all year long dessert!
Table of Contents
What is a Cherry Delight Recipe?
It’s an amazing no bake dessert! It’s basically three layers: graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, and cherry pie filling on top. It’s popular at potlucks because it holds well and can be made ahead.
It’s similar to cherry yum yum, which has the same graham cracker, cheesecake, and cherry combination but it’s layered so the cherry pie filling is in the middle instead of on top.
Depending on where you’re from, you might call it a cherry delight salad since it’s basically the same thing as strawberry pretzel salad but made with cherries instead.
My cherry delight is made completely from scratch and always gets rave reviews. I’m pretty sure you’re going to love it, too!
How Do I Make Cherry Delight?
There’s basically three parts to this recipe: the crust, the filling and the topping. Here are all of the ingredients you’ll need:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Melted unsalted butter
- Softened cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- Cherry Pie Filling
Easy No-Bake Crust
The crust is my favorite no-bake graham cracker crust recipe and I share a lot of tips and tricks in that post that you can check out! To make it:
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into your baking dish in an even layer. I like to use the bottom of a drinking glass to press it into the bottom of the pan and my fingers to press it into the sides.
- Chill the crust for at least one hour before adding the filling.
How to Make the Cheesecake Filling
For the filling, you only need four ingredients and it’s simple to make. Just combine the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Mix in the vanilla and then fold the Cool Whip into the mixture.
Cherry Pie Topping
If you can get your hands on fresh cherries or want to make a homemade cherry pie filling with frozen, you can. But homemade isn’t required: you can actually just use a can of pie filling if you prefer!
Hint: you can use ANY pie filling (cherry, blueberry, apple…and this dessert is delish with any of them).
Bring it all Together!
Once you have your crust, filling and topping you’re ready to assemble your cherry delight!
Spread the cream cheese filling over the crust. Spread the cherry filling on top. Cover and chill it for at least two hours or overnight. If you have leftovers they will keep well for a few days in the refrigerator.
Other Options for the Crust
I love this recipe with a graham cracker crust but you can swap it out for any of ideas, too!
This no-bake cherry delight dessert is perfect all year, but especially during the summer when fresh cherries are available. I love that you can make it ahead – no last-minute stress to worry about! Just pull it out of the fridge, slice and serve. You will love it, I’m sure!
Other no bake desserts to try:
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Cherry Delight Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 sheets)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Pinch Salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 container
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can Cherry Pie Filling
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar and melted butter in small bowl with a fork until all cookies are moistened with butter. Press into the bottom of an 8×8-inch pan. Chill until filling is ready.
- Use a hand mixer to mix powdered sugar into cream cheese until combined. Mix in vanilla and fold in whipped topping.
- Spread filling on top of chilled crust. Top with cherry pie filling.
- Chill until set, at least one hour, before serving.
Cherry Delight is the perfect no bake dessert recipe, especially for summer barbeques! This easy cherry cheesecake has a graham cracker crust and a delicious cherry pie filling.