No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This strawberry shortcake dessert recipe is about to become your favorite, because it’s the easiest strawberry shortcake for a crowd you’ll ever make.
This one is perfect for getting you in the springtime mood: Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Lush. It’s got layers of pudding, whipped cream, and strawberries. Just hand me a fork.
Hey, guess what? I made another no-bake desserts recipe. Are you surprised? #YouShouldntBe
Things I am currently addicted to:
Nutella. It’s like eating a melted brownie. #takeawaymyspoon
Kindle Unlimited. I originally thought paying $10 a month for books was ridiculous. But if you read as much as I do, it pays for itself.
Chick-lit Murder Mysteries. I’ve been reading at least one a week through Kindle Unlimited. My most recent favorite: Sleep Tight by Rachel Abbott.
And one last thing I’m obsessed with right now? No-bake layered desserts. Mud Pie, Mint, Pumpkin, Lemon…I’ve made a ton of them over the past year. I like to call them lush desserts. Or I like to call myself a lush, because I can’t stop eating them.
Another way these desserts really are like lush? You can’t stop at just one piece. Literally. They go down easy and don’t take up too much room so you have and other slice. Then another. And another until you’re dumping the pan out in the garbage just so you won’t eat the whole thing.
*cough* That may or may not have actually happened.
This strawberry shortcake version of no-bake dessert is one of my favorites yet. Vanilla pudding, whipped topping, Golden Oreos, and strawberries. Lots and lots of fresh berries!
There are SO many names for this dessert. Most commonly, I see it called a No Bake Lush but also a No Bake Layered Dessert, Heavenly Dessert, Dream Dessert, or Strawberry Lasagna. I never ever know what to call it to get it to show up in search…so I usually just throw some names at a wall and hope for the best.
All of those desserts have a few things in common:
- Some sort of crust.
- Some sort of pudding filling (I’ve often seen Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert come up when I’m searching).
- Lots of whipped topping.
- Lots of fillings, like crushed cookies or fresh berries.
In this dessert, I used Golden Oreos and Strawberries. HEAVEN!
A No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert is the easiest layered lush dessert recipe ever and perfect for summer. It’s a strawberry Oreo dessert filled with pudding and whipped cream!
I know some of you are probably all, “Dude, I’m digging out of 12 feet of snow and haven’t seen a fresh strawberry in months.”
Just pin this strawberry shortcake dessert recipe for strawberry season. You’ll be happy you did.
Here in California, it’s always strawberry season, which is a good thing. Jordan likes approximately 3 fruits: strawberries, raspberries, and apples. Luckily I can find all three year round.
I don’t know what she’d do if we lived in, say, Nebraska? Or somewhere that doesn’t get good produce year round. She’d probably get scurvy.
Since this recipe has berries in it, that means two things:
1. It’s got fruit. That means you can eat it for breakfast.
2. It’s got fruit. Fruit is healthy so…
Okay. So maybe not those two things. But we can pretend.
This easy recipe is totally foolproof. Just a few layers and a few ingredients gets you a strawberry shortcake dessert that’s unique and no bake. #win
How to make an easy No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert:
- The shortcake comes from crushed Golden Oreos. Shortbread would also be amazing. Crush the cookies and line the pan with them.
- Mix up some instant vanilla pudding. You could use sugar-free if you want, or use lemon or cheesecake flavor. Fold in some whipped topping. Layer that mixture with a pound of fresh strawberries.
- Then top the whole thing with more whipped topping and more crushed cookies.
The hardest part is waiting for it to set. You can see from the photos I didn’t wait long enough. #doasIsaynotasIdo
(Yes, you can use fresh whipped cream. See the recipe notes.)
This dessert is the perfect spring or summer recipe. Easter, Mother’s Day, 4th of July, summer potlucks, a random Tuesday. You pick.
Just bring me a fork.
And the pan. I don’t even need a plate to eat this strawberry shortcake dessert. #truestory
No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- 1 box 3.4 oz/96g vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups 266ml nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Golden Oreos or another vanilla flavored cookie/graham cracker
- 2 tablespoons 28g unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces 510g Cool Whip Topping (see note about using fresh whipped cream)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries hulled and sliced and patted dry
- Whisk pudding, milk, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the crust.
- Crush the cookies in a large gallon sized ziploc bag using a rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cookie crumbs. Place the 2 tablespoons melted butter in the bag and press with your hands to work the butter through the remaining cookie crumbs. Pour crumbs into a 9” square baking dish. The crust won’t be solid, it’ll stay crumbly.
- Fold 8 ounces of the whipped topping into the pudding. Place half the pudding mixture on top of the crust. Place the strawberries in a single layer over the pudding. Spread remaining pudding mix over the top of the berries. Top with more whipped topping and sprinkle the remaining cookies over the top.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
If you love strawberry shortcake and no bake desserts like I do, be sure and check out these: No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake by Inside BruCrew Life, No Bake Strawberry Eclair Cake by Shugary Sweets, or No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake by The Slow Roasted Italian.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**