This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Mouthwatering savory pancakes with bacon are the perfect way to start your day! Whether you fry them in the skillet or bake them in the oven, it’s sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. This is the perfect savory breakfast pancake or side dish for dinner!
Table of Contents
Savory Pancakes in a Skillet
Not many know that you can have pancakes as a savory dish since they are usually enjoyed as a sweet breakfast. Try this savory pancake recipe to switch up your morning routine, or to satisfy those without a sweet tooth. It’s filled with bacon, cheese and delicious green bell peppers for a flavorful start of the day.
I love this skillet pancakes with bacon recipe because it’s an breakfast with tons of yummy variations. It’s a simple baked pancake which is so much easier than flipping! A savory pancake is also a great side dish in place of dinner rolls.
- Bacon: 4 slices of bacon and diced small to cook evenly
- Green bell pepper: sliced into cubes
- Onion: medium onion and diced
- Pancake mix: I’m using Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix but you can use any kind you like
- Milk: to mix in the pancake mix
- Egg: one large egg to bind the pancake together
- Cheese: the star of the recipe. Use any cheese you like.
How to make skillet savory pancake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease your skillet.
- Cook bacon, peppers, and onions to an oven safe skillet over medium heat and cook until vegetables are soft and bacon is done.
- Combine pancake mix, milk, and egg in a large bowl then stir in cheese.
- Pour the pancake batter into the skillet once your bacon and veggies are done cooking, place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes or until the pancake is puffed and golden and a toothpick comes out clean .
- Garnish with cilantro or drizzle some maple syrup
- Bake this in a skillet for ease and less cleaning, but make sure your skillet is oven safe.
- Don’t have an oven safe skillet? Just pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- I love the sweet and salty combo of syrup with bacon pancakes, but you can also serve them with butter.
Instead of baking them, just use a griddle or pan to flip pancakes like normal.
You can add veggies, cheese and bacon to your savory pancakes. Garnish with herbs like cilantro for ultra freshness.
In an airtight container, store these savory pancakes in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes. Freeze these savory pancakes for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
Cheesy Bacon Pancake Bake Recipe
- 4 slices bacon diced small
- ½ green bell pepper diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ medium onion diced (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 cups Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add bacon, peppers, and onions to an oven safe skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook until vegetables are soft and bacon is done.
- Meanwhile, mix pancake mix, milk, and egg in a large bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Once veggies and bacon are done cooking, pour pancake batter over them in the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake until the pancake is puffed and golden and a toothpick comes out clean, about 15-25 minutes.
Other Pancake Recipes
Last Updated on May 11, 2023
Yummy! It could also be good with sausage instead of bacon and add some diced tomato!
I love the sweet savory here, even if just a small dollop of maple syrup! I usually prefer savory breakfasts, and yes, even for dinner, and sometimes don’t mind a little sweetness, so thank you for this recipe!
I have read your article. it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it, again!
This is such a great idea and way to use pancake mix! Love that Krusteaz mix 🙂
This sounds wonderful!! It’s so fluffy and delicious looking!