This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Banana Pudding Rice Krispie Treats are banana cream pie in solid form. Without the fuss and mess of making a whole pie, you can experience the dreamy flavor of banana and rice krispie treats in one!
Table of Contents
What Are Banana Pudding Rice Krispie Treats?
Banana pudding rice krispie treats are exactly what they sound like: rice crispy treats made with banana pudding mix!
Pudding mix is my unsung hero of the baking aisle. Contrary to popular belief, pudding mix can do way more than be whisked into a gelatinous treat. It often makes for the perfect burst of flavor all types of treats! From ambrosia salad to oreo fluff, pudding mix is the missing miracle ingredient that thickens up recipes while adding a powerful element of tasty flavor.
This recipe involves the usual suspects – butter, marshmallows, and rice krispie cereal. But banana pudding mix brings a soft, creamy banana flavor into the shuffle that makes for the perfect banana cream pie experience all in one bite. What’s not to like?
Ingredients Needed for Cereal Treats
- Rice Krispie Cereal – Any brand
- Mini marshmallows – be sure to use FRESH marshmallows for best results!
- Banana cream pie pudding mix – INSTANT pudding mix is a must
How to Make Rice Krispies Treats with Pudding Mix
- Prepare the pan: With aluminum foil and cooking spray, line and grease a 9×13” pan.
- Combine ingredients: In a large pot, combine the marshmallows and butter. Melt the ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. When the marshmallows and butter have become melted and smooth, stir in the vanilla extract and dry pudding mix. Finally, add the rice krispie cereal and stir until the cereal is coated well by the marshmallow and butter mixture.
- Shape treats: Pour the rice krispie treat mix into the pan that you’ve prepared. To keep the treat mix from sticking to your hands, spray your hands with a little bit of cooking spray. Using your fingers, carefully press the rice krispie treats into the pan. Allow the treats to cool before attempting to cut them.
- The more pressure you apply to rice krispie treats when shaping them in the pan, the denser they will be. If you prefer a rice krispie treat that is easy to pull apart and has lots of space between cereal chunks, only apply delicate pressure when pressing them into the pan. If you like your rice krispie treats thick and dense, feel free to apply a good amount of pressure.
- You can make these rice krispie treats in the microwave by melting the butter and marshmallows in a very big mixing bowl (stirring every 45 seconds), then adding the vanilla extract, dry pudding mix, and rice krispie cereal.
You can store rice krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
You can freeze rice krispie treats, but I really don’t recommend it. If you must, you can wrap each square in wax paper and store them in a freezer bag.
Banana Pudding Rice Krispie Treats
- 9 cups (237g) Rice Krispie Cereal
- 15 ounces (427g) mini marshmallows
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter
- 1 3.4 ounce box banana cream pie pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9×13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Measure out your rice krispies.
- Place marshmallows and butter in a large pot and melt over medium-low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and dry pudding mix.
- Add rice krispies and stir until coated. Pour into prepeared panb.
- Spray your hands with cooking spray and carefully press the rice krispie treats into the pan to compact. Cool before cutting.
- You can use any flavor instant pudding mix to change up the flavors of the treats.
- Make these in the microwave by melting the marshmallows and butter in a very large microave safe bowl, stirring every 45 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. I do not recommend freezing rice krispies treats.
Last Updated on May 17, 2023