This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Looking for a quick and easy no-bake treat the kids can make? Look no further, these Movie Theatre Krispies Treats are what you need!
It’s almost summer, can you feel it? We have 2 weeks left until there’s no more homework, no more books, no more mommy’s dirty looks (when you don’t do your projects on time, that is). I’ve never looked forward for a month to be over as much as I have this May. Recitals, open house, projects, tests; 5th grade is HARD.
I look forward to a lot of things in the summer, like vacations and the beach and day trips, but I also look forward to summer movies. It seems that Hollywood has a kid-movie dry spell from January through June and every time we feel like heading to the theatre there’s nothing under PG-13 showing, but in summer? Summer is all about the movies! Jordan and I are looking forward to Finding Dory and The Secret Life of Pets the most. (The latter has a pug in it named Mel. We always talk about getting a pug…and my husband’s name is Mel…so it’s especially hysterical to us.) And me? I’ll be the first one in line to see the latest Bourne movie. I am so excited to see that one I might explode!
Because it’s so hot here in summer, we often do movie-days-in, where we rent movies and eat snacks all day. This summer I anticipate a marathon of Harry Potter happening, since we’re planning to go to Universal Studios next fall. I also can’t wait to watch Clueless with Jordan. I know, it’s entirely inappropriate, but I have been dying to watch it with her forever!
What movies are you looking forward to? Regardless of whether you’re binge watching at home or going to the theatre, you need snacks, and these Movie Candy Krispies Treats are THE snack you need!
Why do you need them? Because they’re so flipping easy your kids can make them by themselves! They are no-bake and have only 4 ingredients which is perfect for the lazy days of summer. They make a great party treat, regardless of whether or not you’re watching a movie. Who doesn’t like krispies treats and candy?
These start with Rice Krispies Treats, so they’re even easier. Then you just mix some chocolate and peanut butter together, frost the tops, and sprinkle with your favorite chopped up movie candy. Easy peasy treats in just a few minutes.
They’re so easy (and good!) you can’t NOT make them. #JustSayin
What movies are you looking forward to this summer???
This recipe also appeared here on the Kellogg’s site..
Movie Candy Rice Krispies Treats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup assorted movie theatre candy M&Ms, chopped Snickers, etc.
- 12 Rice Krispies Treats unwrapped
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat on high power for 1 minute, then stir several times until the chocolate is smooth. If needed, heat again in 15 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is totally melted and smooth.
- Gather your candy, unwrapping and chopping any as needed.
- Place your unwrapped Rice Krispies Treats on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Spread each with a bit of the melted chocolate, then top with desired candies. Chill to set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Like it on Facebook!
This post has been sponsored by Rice Krispies Treats and Kellogg’s. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last Updated on August 21, 2018