Aug 10

Easy Pumpkin Danish

Oh yes, I’m pulling out the pumpkin. It’s never too early for pumpkin!

First up for the best baking season: Easy Pumpkin Danish. Ready in under 30 minutes!

Easy Pumpkin Danish - perfect for any fall breakfast.

I said it last week: If you bake it, fall will come.

Well guess what? Fall did come. For 2 days it was cooler and overcast and it even drizzled. Then Mother Nature was all “NO FREAKING WAY! You need to BURN!” and she sent back the 90s…with humidity.

So I’m trying it again. It’s pumpkin time people, let’s all get on the fall baking train! Let’s make the easiest pumpkin danish ever and then smoosh it in our faces for breakfast.

Or, you can pin it for next month. Whatever.

Easy Pumpkin Danish - perfect for any fall breakfast.

When I say this is the easiest ever, I really mean it. The danish dough starts with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. I absolutely love those things.

This is the same basic idea I used to make these easy lemon cream danish earlier this year. You unroll the Crescent Rolls and press the seams together as best as possible. Cut the rectangle into 8 sections.

I like to place my crescent squares on my baking sheet for the shaping of the danish. They’re hard to transfer once they’re filled and room temperature.

Then simply add your pumpkin mixture and fold up the edges so the danish are a sort-of circle.

Easy Pumpkin Danish (2 of 7)

Once they’re baked you can make a cream cheese glaze for them. Because, well. Pumpkin + Cream Cheese = Heaven.

These are easy and fast, and if they’re unglazed you can freeze them for quick morning breakfasts or for whenever the pumpkin craving hits.

Like in August. When you want fall to come. I mean…school starts next week. School in session = fall = fall baking = pumpkin.

See? My math is totally legit.

Easy Pumpkin Danish - perfect for any fall breakfast.

Get ready, internets. It’s time for all the pumpkin. :)

Easy Pumpkin Danish

Yield: 8 danish

Crescent Rolls are filled with a pumpkin mixture to make an amazing fall breakfast! Topped with cream cheese glaze, these are the best way to get in the mood for pumpkin season.

Ingredients:

Danish:

• 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (8 rolls)
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 egg

Glaze:

• 2 ounces cream cheese, very soft
  • 1/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon milk (nonfat, 2%, or regular)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
  2. Unroll the Crescent Rolls into a large rectangle. Break the rectangle in half along the seam, so you have two rectangles made up of four crescent rolls each. Press the seams together, and then cut each rectangle into four squares, for eight total danishes.
  3. Whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and egg. Mix until smooth.
  4. Note: It’s easiest to place the Crescent rolls on the cookie sheet then add the pumpkin. It’s hard to transfer them once they’re filled.
  5. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the pumpkin mixture into the center of each Crescent square. Fold up the edges around, crimping as needed, to make your danish shape.
  6. Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until golden. Cool before glazing.
  7. To make the glaze: use a whisk or a hand mixer and beat cream cheese until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar then add vanilla and milk. Drizzle over danish. (I place mine in a sandwich sized ziploc bag and cut off one tip to drizzle in stripes.)

Notes:

The glaze doesn't dry hard. I suggest glazing them right before serving.

Recipe © Crazy for Crust. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Easy Lemon Cream Danish

Easy-lemon-cream-danish (1 of 7)

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (1 of 5)w

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread (1 of 4)w

Pumpkin Nutella Doughnuts by Something Swanky
Apple Pie Danish by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
Easy Cheese Danish by Lauren’s Latest

44 Responses to “Easy Pumpkin Danish”

1. Averie @ Averie Cooks posted on August 10, 2014 at 3:08 am (#)

I’ve been waiting for this recipe – couldn’t wait to see what your first pumpkin recipe of the season was going to be! love it – easy and goofproof, the best kind :) Pinned!

2. Michele @ Alwayzbakin posted on August 10, 2014 at 3:45 am (#)

Mmmm! You are right. It is NEVER too early for pumpkin! Love it. These look delicious. And they are little, so who knows how many I can pop into my mouth! :-o

3. Mir posted on August 10, 2014 at 4:20 am (#)

I’m not ready! But I’m a teacher. Summer should last forever!
    But I’ll eat these in bazillion-degree heat. They look so tasty!

4. Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolate posted on August 10, 2014 at 4:35 am (#)

Although I wish it was going to be summer for a loooong time, I’ll admit it, I was baking with pumpkin in July.

These look fab. I’ve never made a Danish, only bought them in bakeries, but this looks so easy, I might just give her a whirl!

5. Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness posted on August 10, 2014 at 5:39 am (#)

HAHA! I just bought 4 cans of pumpkin and I am ready for ALL the pumpkin recipes! These look like the perfect way to start… you really can’t go wrong with crescent rolls, glaze and pumpkin! Pinned!

6. amanda @ fake ginger posted on August 10, 2014 at 9:28 am (#)

This looks awesome! I can’t wait for pumpkin to be everywhere!

7. Mary Frances posted on August 10, 2014 at 10:43 am (#)

I just opened a can of pumpkin yesterday … :) I can NOT believe that next week is September (totally in denial) but I will take some cooler weather for sure. And a plate of pumpkin danishes!

8. Amy @Very Culinary posted on August 10, 2014 at 11:10 am (#)

I think I’m the only person that ever wants summer to go on forever. That being said, it’s never ever too early for Pumpkin! I use it all year long. And now I have one more recipe to add to my list. Love it!

9. Kindra S. posted on August 10, 2014 at 2:50 pm (#)

These look so good. I noticed that you use a lot of Crescent roll dough. Did you know that Pillsbury has come out with Seamless dough creations? It is like crescent roll dough only in one big sheet, no perforations. They have it here at select stores in Nebraska and carry it next to the other crescent rolls. I don’t know if you could find it where you live or not. My dad loves to bake and uses it all the time. Just thought I would let you know.

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 10th, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Thanks Kindra! I’ve heard about those sheets, but I haven’t seen them at my stores. Those would go perfect for this recipe too, if you can find them!

10. Mom posted on August 10, 2014 at 4:42 pm (#)

Oh, these look great and easy. Sounds wonderful.
    xoxo

11. Kiley- Rooks to Cooks posted on August 10, 2014 at 4:47 pm (#)

I would have never thought to put pumpkin in a danish- this is genius! And easy enough that it can actually be made any time- perfect for the busy upcoming school days. Pumpkin season is working its way into full swing!

12. Ambar posted on August 10, 2014 at 5:06 pm (#)

lol i will jump on the train and NOT pin it for next month no worries! lol

13. Joanna @ the knitlit twit posted on August 10, 2014 at 6:18 pm (#)

It is most definitely not to early for pumpkin. I almost put some into my oatmeal in a jar the other day, but I didn’t want to commit to opening the entire can. These look so yummy!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

“Commit to opening an entire can” <– I get you there for sure!

14. Leslie posted on August 10, 2014 at 6:50 pm (#)

Pumpkin! Yum. Oh now I can’t wait for fall! Thanks for sharing. They look pretty.

15. Lisa @ Wine & Glue posted on August 10, 2014 at 7:17 pm (#)

Mother Nature’s commentary made me snort laugh. Well done, Mother Nature. You are one funny broad. Pinned!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Thanks for the pin Lisa! That Mother Nature. She’s a comedian alright. :)

16. Laurie F. posted on August 10, 2014 at 7:39 pm (#)

I’m tired of hot weather (it was hot even at the beach in Santa Cruz yesterday – bummer for waiting in long lines for rides!), so bring on fall and the pumpkin recipes!

17. Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice posted on August 10, 2014 at 8:01 pm (#)

Pumpkin already?! I’m hoping summer will last a little longer, but I do love everything pumpkin. These danishes look so delicious and perfect for the upcoming season!

18. Jessica @ Sweet Menu posted on August 10, 2014 at 8:32 pm (#)

Wow! I never thought about making a pumpkin danish before – what a neat idea! Yummo!

19. Kelly - Life Made Sweeter posted on August 11, 2014 at 12:01 am (#)

Haha, I love pumpkin all year round so no complaints from me :) Pinning :) These danishes are so adorable! Love how easy they are to whip up too!

20. Medeja posted on August 11, 2014 at 3:02 am (#)

I would love one for breakfast!

21. sally @ sallys baking addiction posted on August 11, 2014 at 3:14 am (#)

NEVER too early is right, Dorothy!! I baked with pumpkin over the weekend too :) These danishes look so simple. I would love one right now!

22. Caitlin @ teaspoon posted on August 11, 2014 at 3:22 am (#)

I love that you brought out the pumpkin. I will eat it anytime!! These look delicious. Saving this recipe for ASAP!

23. Gloria Richards posted on August 11, 2014 at 6:21 am (#)

Your lemon cream danish are an absolute favorite at our house. I can’t wait to try your pumpkin version.

24. Heather @ Shards of Lavender posted on August 11, 2014 at 6:36 am (#)

Too early for pumpkin? Never! I stock up in the fall and use it year round… These danish look so simple and tasty; I pinned for my son to make for us!

25. Melissa posted on August 11, 2014 at 10:10 am (#)

Okay I grow pumpkins and right now they’re still green, so yes it is too early for pumpkin season. I do totally understand and support the logic. Love

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 11th, 2014 at 7:10 pm

LOL, well, there’s that. Silly pumpkins. ;)

• Melissa replied on September 6th, 2014 at 3:26 pm

IT’S RIPE! IT’S RIPE! IT’S RIPE! The first pumpkin is ready. Let pumpkin season begin!

26. Alyssa {Cake, Crust, and Sugar Dust} posted on August 11, 2014 at 9:37 pm (#)

It’s not that I’m upset at your pumpkin recipe, it’s that I’m in denial that the school year is starting! Where did summer go?? I’ll start to embrace fall by making a batch of these :)

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 12th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Oh I know! We start next week. The summer flew by!

27. Thalia @ butter and brioche posted on August 12, 2014 at 11:54 pm (#)

i love danishes so much! such a delicious and easy recipe.. one i definitely will be recreating, however i think i will be adding apricots or cherries!

• Dorothy Kern replied on August 13th, 2014 at 6:42 am

Those would make great additions Thalia!

28. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel posted on August 14, 2014 at 4:38 pm (#)

You know, I think you’re some kind of baking weather wizard because the weather has totally lightened up a little on the heat factor lately! Have you noticed how gorgeous it was earlier this week and how breezy it’s been? SO NICE. I could get used to this. So by all means, KEEP UP THE PUMPKIN BAKING!!

29. Renee @ Awesome on $20 posted on August 30, 2014 at 6:52 pm (#)

I love these cheater Danishes. I’m thinking of doing a guava version on my site. Can’t wait to try pumpkin!

30. Pingback: 128 Sweet & Savory Pumpkin Recipes - Pink Heels Pink Truck

31. Veronica posted on September 14, 2014 at 9:39 am (#)

Am I the only one who gets SUPER irritated when people put comments in and DON’T review the recipe? Make the darn thing before you give your opinion on it.

That being said, I made the recipe. The filling is too runny to stay in my dough (What brand of pumpkin did you use?) AND it made enough to fill 2-3 cans of crescent roll dough. What am I going to do with all this extra filling? I didn’t even bother with the glaze because I really don’t want extra of that. I made a couple Tbsps of powdered sugar glaze instead and it did a fine job. I’m sure the cream cheese one would have tasted better, but I only have so much patience for extra food. These tasted okay, but not good enough for me to go out and buy another roll of crescent rolls to finish the filling. Sorry, but I won’t be making these again.

• Dorothy Kern replied on September 14th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I’m sorry you had extra Veronica. How much did you put in your crescent rolls? I may have had a tablespoon or two left over, but not enough for that many extra cans of crescents. I mostly use Libby’s pumpkin puree, it’s the only one I can find regularly in my grocery store.

• Veronica replied on September 14th, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I put a heaping tablespoon of filling into each danish; if I put in more, everything would have run out. The canned pumpkin I used had the same consistency as Libby’s, but was labeled “Golden Harvest”.

32. Pingback: Pumpkin Recipes - Reasons To Skip The Housework