Nov 02

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip

This peanut butter caramel apple dip is the perfect snack for all those apples you picked!
peanut butter caramel apple dip2

My cat snores. Loudly.

The other morning I was awakened from a sound, dream-filled sleep to what sounded like someone screaming in my ear. I thought Jordan was having a nightmare. She wasn’t.

What makes it even more special is that kitty likes to sleep in the corner of the bed…behind my head.

Every time I hear her snoring like a truck driver I wonder how such a sound comes out of a nine-pound animal. I want to record her so bad but she has a knack for her loudness at 3am, and I’m just not ready for video recording at that time of night.

This really has nothing to do with this dip, except that this dip is just slightly more amazing than her snoring.

It’s peanut butter. And caramel. Oh, and some chocolate chips. Can’t forget the chocolate!

It’s good with apples. Or pretzels. Or on a spoon.

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip – perfect for Fall!

Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip

Yield: 2 cups

Ingredients:

• 1 bag caramel squares (about 45), unwrapped
  • 1/3 cup whipping cream and 1/3 cup nonfat milk OR 2/3 cup half and half
  • ½ cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Add the caramels and whipping cream/milk or half and half to a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat and stir until the caramels have melted into the cream (about 8-10 minutes).
  2. Meanwhile, add peanut butter and chocolate chips to a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30-45 seconds and stir to combine.
  3. Add hot caramel mixture to the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. Serve with apple slices, graham crackers and/or pretzels. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

17 Responses to “Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Dip”

1. Karen - Trilogy Edibles posted on November 2, 2011 at 6:47 am (#)

Oh MY! this looks divine! I wish my kids liked peanut butter :(

2. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on November 2, 2011 at 6:55 am (#)

@Karen – Trilogy Edibles
    That’s fine, the more for you! ;) Have a great day!

3. Anonymous posted on November 2, 2011 at 7:06 am (#)

“Store leftovers in the frig”…what leftovers????
    Sounds great,
    Mom :}

4. Melissa Placzek posted on November 2, 2011 at 7:33 am (#)

This looks fabulous! Great photos!

~Melissa Placzek

5. kitty posted on November 2, 2011 at 1:39 pm (#)

Oh my goodness, does this ever sound & look good!!! I can’t wait to try it!!!

6. Jess Wakasugi {Life's Simple Measures} posted on November 2, 2011 at 2:33 pm (#)

Hello! Just wanted to let you know I’m passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you, check out my latest post for more information. Have fun!!

7. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on November 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm (#)

@Melissa Placzek
    Thank you! :)

@Kitty
    If you make it, let me know what you think. :) Thanks for reading!

8. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust posted on November 2, 2011 at 3:58 pm (#)

@Jess Wakasugi {Life’s Simple Measures}
    Thanks! I’ll pay it forward after my big move next week and once I get my wits about me. :)

9. The Better Baker posted on November 2, 2011 at 5:38 pm (#)

This delightful combo of flavors would be perfect for my taste buds! MMMM! I can truly relate to eating it by the spoonful. I may have to make a double batch so I can do that. =)

10. Amy @ A Little Nosh posted on November 3, 2011 at 5:56 am (#)

I’d definitely be dipping some pretzels in there!

11. Kim McCallie posted on November 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm (#)

Looks delicious! I love apple dip. I’ve never made it with peanut butter before but it sounds great. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

12. cutekittypunk posted on November 10, 2011 at 5:48 am (#)

yum.

13. Kathy posted on September 23, 2013 at 6:21 pm (#)

Sounds great, but do you have the stats for the recipe? You know, calories, fat calorie, sat fat, sodium, sugar and carbs?

14. Mary posted on January 31, 2014 at 5:38 pm (#)

We made this dip but used fabulous COOKIE BUTTER (the CRUNCHY one–who knew there was a crunchy one!!!??) in place of peanuts butter. OMG – heavenly. My 3 kids and I cannot get enough cookie butter! LOL

15. Pingback: Butterfinger Apple Salad - Crazy for Crust