This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Wow, say that five times fast! Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars have a snickerdoodle crust, a gooey caramel center, and a chocolate chip cookie top. This easy cookie bar recipe is the ultimate indulgent dessert!
Real quick before we talk about how amazingly good and gooey these cookie bars are: who watches the RHONJ? I just watched the first part of the reunion (haven’t watched part 2 yet) but OMG. I am ready to jump through my screen at Siggy. I’m totally #TeamMargaret on this one; Siggy can’t take a joke, she can’t handle not being perfect and right. I almost had to stop watching the reunion because I couldn’t handle her…and then Andy announced Kim D. was arriving and I was all let’s grab the popcorn.
Someone please explain Siggy to me. I loved her last season, this season not so much. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, get a Hulu subscription and start from the beginning. I suggest the Atlanta season first, it’s the best one. (I watched 9 seasons on Hulu in one month, lol.)
Okay, back to these cookie bars. Are you looking for something deliciously gooey and amazing to bake? Whether you make this for a party or because it’s Thursday, this easy bar cookie recipe is heaven-sent.
They’re not just a snickerdoodle bar, nope. And they’re not just a chocolate chip cookie bar either; no these bars are a combination of those PLUS gooey caramel.
Do I have your attention yet?
Let’s break down this recipe:
- Layer 1: Snickerdoodle cookies, pressed into a crust.
- Layer 2: a GOOEY caramel center.
- Layer 3: Chocolate Chip Cookies, dropped all over the top.
- And the final nail on the fat-pants coffin? Cinnamon sugar sprinkles all over the top, reminiscent of a snickerdoodle cookie.
This cookie bar recipe is going to be your new favorite go-to dessert, I promise.
Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Bars have three layers of indulgent cookies and caramel!
Sometimes when I see recipes like this, with three layers, my head explodes because I know that means lots of dirty dishes as I make two different cookie recipes. BUT! This recipe isn’t like that. Two bowls max – and easy peasy measuring because you start with two different Krusteaz cookie mixes. I absolutely love the Krusteaz mixes, and make lots of different recipes using them. The cookie mixes are my absolute favorite and they do not taste like you would perceive what a “box mix” would taste like. They taste homemade, I promise.
How to make this EASY cookie bar recipe:
- Mix up the snickerdoodle cookies as directed. I like using my stand mixer, but a hand mixer or wooden spoon works too. Press those into a pan, and pre-bake them for a few minutes.
- In a second bowl, melt together the caramel ingredients. Pour over hot snickerdoodle crust.
- Mix up the chocolate chip cookies in the same bowl as the snickerdoodles – easy, right? Then drop over the top of the caramel. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar that came with the snickerdoodle mix, then bake and eat. Good luck waiting for these to be cool before eating!
Seriously though, these bars are pure heaven. Enjoy!
Want even more? Subscribe to Crazy for Crust to get new recipes and a newsletter delivered to your inbox. And stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram for all my latest updates.
This recipe first appeared on the Krusteaz website, where I am an ambassador.
Snickerdoodle Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars
- 1 Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 Krusteaz Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 cup softened butter divided
- 2 large eggs divided
- 1 bag 11 ounces caramel bits or caramel squares (unwrapped)
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix snickerdoodle cookie mix with 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg. Set aside cinnamon sugar packet from mix. Press dough into the bottom and 1/2” up the sides. Bake 10 minutes.
- While bottom layer is baking, mix the chocolate chunk cookie mix with remaining 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg according to package directions. Set aside.
- Caramel Layer: Place caramel in a small microwave safe bowl with cream. Using a microwave cook on high for 60 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Remove crust from oven. Pour warm caramel evenly on crust. Top with flatten scoops of chocolate chunk cookie dough. Leave space so caramel will show through.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of bars.
- Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until the top layer looks done. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Click HERE for more easy recipes that start with cookie dough or cookie mix!
Double Decker Gooey Cookie Bars
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
This recipe has been sponsored by Krusteaz. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last Updated on March 4, 2023
hey the resipe dosnt say cream so how much cream
As it says in the recipe: 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
Wow! All my favorite flavors in one bar! Yummy, I can’t wait to try!
WOW!!! These look fantastic. Wish I had some right now. 🙂
hey girl- these bars look amazing! yum-o!
These bars look ridiculous in the best way possible. Can we talk for a moment about Siggy! She is so hard to watch – everything she accuses Margaret of is something she HAS DONE herself. I don’t understand how she cannot watch herself and see how ridiculous she is. (I really like Margaret minus the insane amount of vocal fry….) AND HOW ABOUT SIGGY’S PICTURE WALL IN HER FOYER! Holy…
Don’t worry about Siggy for too much longer. She is not going to be back for next season (thank God.) Maybe Michael finally got to her and made her stay at home. I can’t believe she is making all of these “inspirational” speeches and she doesn’t even have a degree. I wouldn’t pay to listen to her. I’m in total agreement–she is way too over-the-top in her accusations.
Anyway–loving the recipes as always 🙂
That caramel layer! No words. That is heaven right there!
Oh sweet jesus I need these