This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Raspberry Pie is an easy berry pie recipe! Make this pie with a double crust, lattice, or even a crumble topping! It’s such an easy pie recipe.
Table of Contents
What is Raspberry Pie?
An easy berry pie recipe is something that everyone needs in their recipe box. This Raspberry Pie can be that recipe, whether you use raspberries or any of your favorite berry.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use fresh or frozen berries, so if you’re craving Raspberry Pie outside of berry season, don’t worry. You can still make this pie!
Normally when I make a fruit pie, I make a crumble topping, but for this Raspberry Pie I decided to make a double crust instead.
Why You’ll Love This Pie
The beauty of this pie recipe is that you can use a double crust, lattice, or make a crumble topping. Make whatever kind of pie you love!
For as much as I love crust, I don’t have a ton of double crust pie recipes on my site. When I was brainstorming pie recipes, berry pie kept coming up. I had blueberry pie covered but I wanted to do something else that wasn’t just the normal blueberry or blackberry pie.
Raspberry pie just seems like the perfect old-fashioned pie recipe, doesn’t it? I can just imagine grandmothers everywhere rolling out pastry and filling the pie with fresh raspberries or frozen from last season.
Now, double crust pies are probably the most simple ones to assemble: just plop that second crust right on top the first. But it’s easy to make a decorative double crust pie too, and it’s more fun!
How do you make a decorative double crust pie?
By using cookie cutters!
I’ve seen so many different kinds of decorative pie crusts online but I know that I’m not the best person to try and show off how to braid a lattice or make some sort of elaborate double crust with leaf shaped pie crusts or something. But cookie cutters? That’s something that I can do.
How do you make a double crust pie?
Like I said, a double crust pie is one of the easiest. You can use refrigerated pie crusts or double my all butter pie crust recipe. Put one crust in the bottom and add your filling.
Then, simply lay the second crust over the top and trim and crimp.
Tip: make sure you at the very least cut some slits in the top crust to vent the steam, or your crust will bubble and puff. But instead of just cutting slits, you can get creative with cookie cutters.
Since I was making a raspberry pie, which is red, it made me think of hearts. I used two different size heart cookie cutters to make the shapes. Watch the video to see how I did it!
Like I said with my blueberry pie recipe, the filling is a standard fruit pie filling. This works with ANY berry or fresh fruit. You only need a few ingredients:
- Raspberries (or any berry), fresh or frozen. If using frozen, make sure they’re thawed and completely drained.
- Sugar, for sweetness
- Cornstarch for binding. I find cornstarch works best at thickening your pie.
- Lemon juice for brightness of flavor
- Cinnamon, optional
This easy raspberry pie recipe is the perfect berry pie for any occasion, no matter what kind of topping you use!
- 1 recipe All Butter Pie Crust
- 5 cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and crimp as desired.
- Carefully stir together raspberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Top the pie by making a lattice (see note) or a double crust pie. If using a double crust pie, be sure to cut holes in the top to vent during baking. If desired, cut shapes out of the top pie crust using a cookie cutter (such as a heart, as in the photos).
- Top the pie with a crumble topping.
- Place a pie shield around the edge of the pie and place the pie on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425° then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until crust is baked through and golden.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Blueberry Pie uses a lattice crust!
Raspberry Nutella Danish is another way to use up raspberries!
Make a Crazy Crust Berry Pie with raspberries!
Last Updated on June 17, 2022