This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Fruit Pizza Recipe is a rainbow dessert pizza with a sugar cookie crust, cream cheese topping, and fruit. It’s easy and fun to make for BBQs, potlucks, and parties!
Plus, how pretty is it? No one else is bring this pretty of a dessert to that party.
Table of Contents
Fun Fruit Pizza Recipe with Rainbow Fruit
If you want a fun summer dessert idea, this dessert pizza recipe is for you! It looks so sunny and bright and tastes fantastic, too. I mean, it’s a sugar cookie fruit pizza topped with cream cheese – what’s not to love about that?
I like to call it rainbow fruit pizza, and it’s almost like an art project. Once you have the cookie crust and topping, you get to be all creative in how you arrange the fruit. You can make yours like mine or make up your own design. It’s really fun!
If you’ve never made one, I am here for you with all the tips, including how to make the best sugar cookie crust and which fruit to use for the best results. It’s not hard to do, and parts can even be made a day in advance.
This fruit pizza recipe with glaze might look complicated, but I can promise it’s not. You make the easy fruit pizza crust, top it with sweetened cream cheese, and then arrange the fruit. I add a simple jelly glaze on top for the finishing touch.
This recipe for fruit pizza is a great dessert for potlucks and BBQs – kids love it because it’s “rainbow food,” and adults love it because it’s sweet and light. It’s always a winner whenever I’ve made it – the perfect summer dessert!
What do you need to make Fruit Pizza?
Sugar Cookie Dough: You can use my recipe or make this semi-homemade with a roll from the grocery store.
Cream Cheese: Make sure it’s room temperature.
Butter: Use softened unsalted butter to round out the topping.
Vanilla Extract: Always buy pure vanilla. You could also add some almond extract here, or lemon.
Powdered Sugar: To make the frosting, be sure to measure it correctly (don’t pack it).
Fruit: Use your favorite fruits – see what I like to use below.
Apricot Jelly: Or any light colored jam.
Hot Water: This is to thin the glaze.
Best Fruit to use for Rainbow Fruit Pizza
The best fruit for fruit pizza fruit that doesn’t brown quickly. You can use a variety of fruit to create a pretty pattern, so choose your favorites.
Here are the ones I recommend:
- Peaches – canned or fresh.
- Pineapple – canned or fresh.
- Red grapes and green grapes
How to Make Sugar Cookie Crust
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until the dough forms.
- Spray a 12” round pizza pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Spray the top of the paper with cooking spray. Press the sugar cookie dough onto the prepared pan and bake the crust for 12 to 14 minutes at 350°F. When it’s done, the middle of the crust will look soft, but it shouldn’t be wet.
- Allow the cookie crust to cool completely before assembling the fruit pizza.
How do you make Fruit Pizza?
Once your sugar cookie crust is cooled, you can assemble the fruit pizza.
Make the cream cheese topping:
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust.
Arrange the sliced fruit on top of the cream cheese.
Make the fruit pizza glaze:
- Press the apricot jelly through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any chunks.
- Mix the jelly with hot water until well combined.
- Brush the glaze evenly over the top of the pizza.
Fruit Pizza Recipe Expert Tips
Crust: For the best fruit pizza crust, don’t over mix the dough. When you add the flour, mix only until combined.
Fruit: Before adding the fruit, pat it dry to remove any excess moisture so it doesn’t seep into the cream cheese topping.
Make-Ahead Fruit Pizza: You can make the crust and add the cream cheese topping up to 24 hours in advance. Keep it wrapped in the refrigerator. Add the fruit just before serving.
Leftovers: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. The fruit will release moisture, but the pizza will still be delicious! It will keep well for up to two days in the refrigerator.
Make this fruit cookie pizza to share at your next event, and you will get rave reviews! The combination of fresh fruit, sugar cookie crust, and cream cheese is so delicious.
FAQ about making dessert pizza
This fruit pizza is best served fresh and eaten within two days. The longer the fruit sits on the cream cheese base, the more watered down it becomes.
Yes, but choose fruits that don’t brown quickly. Fruits such as apples and bananas brown too quickly for this fruit pizza.
Wrap it with plastic wrap or keep slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can make the crust and top it with the cream cheese topping up to 24 hours ahead. Wait to add the fruit until you are ready to serve it.
Any light-colored jelly or jam will work for the glaze. You want to use a light color, so it doesn’t mask the color of the fruit.
Yes, but you will need to bake the crust a little longer – about 25 to 30 minutes.
Other Fun Recipes
Rainbow Fruit Pizza Recipe
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
Topping & Glaze:
- 12 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (170) grams powdered sugar
- Assorted Fruits (see note)
- ¼ cup (59ml) apricot jelly
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12” pizza pan (without holes) with non-stick cooking spray, line with parchment paper and spray parchment. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients just until mixed and dough starts to come together. Do not overmix.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pizza pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are lightly browned and middle looks set. The middle should still look soft but not wet.
- Let cool completely before adding cream cheese layer.
Frosting & Topping:
- In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Top with sliced fruit.
- Make the glaze: Press apricot jelly through a fine mesh strainer to remove any chunks. Stir jelly with hot water until mixed well. Brush evenly over top of fruit pizza.
- Store leftovers in a sealed food safe container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
A Rainbow Fruit Pizza is an easy cookie pizza recipe with a giant sugar cookie, cream cheese frosting, fruit and a glaze. This is such a fun easy dessert pizza recipe!
Last Updated on April 20, 2022