This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pecan Pie Brownies are an easy way to have your pecan pie and your brownies too! These are great for a party or just because you love gooey chocolate brownies and the perfect pecan pie!
Pecan Pie Brownies are the best of both worlds: a chocolate brownie bottom and a pecan pie top!
Table of Contents
Chocolate Pecan Pie Brownies
Creating dessert mash-ups is kind of my thing (hello, pecan pie fudge and apple pecan pie brie) and this time I’ve outdone myself: Pecan Pie BROWNIES! Gooey chocolate brownies topped with the best ever pecan pie topping…these have you wondering what other pecan pie mashups you can make.
Why you’ll love this recipe
This is such an easy brownie recipe that comes together in minutes, no mixer needed. It’s great to serve at a party or give as a gift, or pop onto holiday platters. The gooey chocolate brownie pokes out from the thin layer of sticky crunchy pecan pie and everyone will love them.
Ingredients in Pie Brownies
- Brownie Mix – If you’re buying a box, make sure it’s for a 9×13-inch pan size. You’ll also need the eggs, water, and oil called for on the box. Or substitute my homemade brownie mix!
- Butter – I start with unsalted butter although you can substitute salted. This is to make the pecan pie topping – although I do love making brownies with melted butter in place of oil.
- Flour – For binding, be sure to measure it correctly.
- Brown Sugar – To sweeten the pecan pie without corn syrup.
- Egg – helps give that gooey pecan pie texture.
- Vanilla – always use pure extract.
- Pecans – I like chopping the pecans for this but you can also use halves.
How to make Pecan Pie Brownies
- Make the brownie mix according to the box directions.
- Mix together butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, and pecans.
- Drop the pecan mixture over the top of the brownies.
- Bake until no longer rolling when you tap the pan.
- The recipe calls for a box mix but you can also use your favorite brownie recipe.
- I adapted the pecan pie part of the recipe from my favorite pecan pie recipe.
- Make sure they’re cooked all the way if you want to be able to slice and give these. I like them a little under done but they get super gooey that way.
- These would also be great made as mini muffins in a mini muffin tin!
Yes you can use them interchangeably in this recipe.
No these don’t need to be refrigerated. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Have you made this recipe?
Tap the stars to give it a 5 star rating below!
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix 9×13” pan size
- Ingredients to make the brownies as specified on the back of the box
- ¼ cup (57g) unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon (8g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil (for easy removal; this is optional). Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions. Place in prepared pan.
- Stir together melted butter, flour, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Mixture will be thick.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pecan pie mixture over the brownie batter in the prepared pan. Swirl with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost but not totally clean 2” from the side of the pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Make sure to check out all my brownie recipes as well as all my pecan pie inspired recipes! I absolutely love pecan pie baklava at the holidays, as well as pecan pie fudge. I also think Aimee’s Pecan Pie Blondies look so good, and I definitely have to try Holly’s Pecan Pie Cookies. And OMG these pecan pie bars are full of NUTELLA!
Pair this with…
Last Updated on October 22, 2022