Pecan Pie Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Pecan Pie Brownies are an easy way to have your pecan pie and your brownies too! These are great for a party or just because you love gooey chocolate brownies and the perfect pecan pie!
Creating dessert mash-ups is kind of my thing (hello, pecan pie fudge and apple pecan pie brie) and this time I’ve outdone myself: Pecan Pie BROWNIES! Gooey chocolate brownies topped with the best ever pecan pie topping…these have you wondering what other pecan pie mashups you can make.
Around this time of year I start to think of things I’m thankful for:
I am thankful for my family. For my husband and my daughter and his parents and siblings and my parents and everyone in between.
I am thankful for my friends, old and new.
I am thankful that I have a place to call home.
I’m thankful for my job.
I am thankful for my puppy.
I am thankful that I can buy groceries.
I am thankful my daughter likes middle school.
I am thankful for hot coffee and Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf.
I am thankful for my health, and the health of my family and friends.
I am thankful for the sound of my daughters’ laughter.
And, most importantly for this post: I am thankful that if I want to top my brownies with a pecan pie, I can.
Because why not right? Why not put brownies and pecan pie together? I mean, I love brownies. And I love pie…so it’s just logic that dictates I’ll like pecan pie brownies. Logic never fails: these are fantastic.
Even if you’re catching this post after Thanksgiving is already over, you can still make them for Christmas. I totally equate Christmas as the pecan pie inspired holiday: make all things inspired by pecan pie but not the actual pie. After all, Christmas is the cookie, brownie, and candy holiday.
This is such an easy brownie recipe that comes together in minutes, no mixer needed. It’s great to serve at a party or give as a gift, or pop onto holiday platters. The gooey chocolate brownie pokes out from the thin layer of sticky crunchy pecan pie and everyone will love them.
Pecan Pie Brownies are the best of both worlds: a chocolate brownie bottom and a pecan pie top!
How to make Pecan Pie Brownies:
- The recipe calls for a box mix but you can also use your favorite brownie recipe.
- I adapted the pecan pie part of the recipe from my favorite pecan pie recipe.
- Make sure they’re cooked all the way if you want to be able to slice and give these. I like them a little under done but they get super gooey that way.
- These would also be great made as mini muffins in a mini muffin tin!
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix — 9×13” pan size
- Ingredients to make the brownies — as specified on the back of the box
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter — melted
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil (for easy removal; this is optional). Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix brownie mix according to package directions. Place in prepared pan.
- Stir together melted butter, flour, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir in pecans. Mixture will be thick.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pecan pie mixture over the brownie batter in the prepared pan. Swirl with the back of a wooden spoon.
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost but not totally clean 2” from the side of the pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1 serving) — Calories: 179, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium: 66mg, Potassium: 36mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 1.5%, Vitamin C: 0.1%, Calcium: 1%, Iron: 4.7%
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
Make sure to check out all my brownie recipes as well as all my pecan pie inspired recipes! I absolutely love pecan pie baklava at the holidays, as well as pecan pie fudge. I also think Aimee’s Pecan Pie Blondies look so good, and I definitely have to try Holly’s Pecan Pie Cookies. And OMG these pecan pie bars are full of NUTELLA!
This post was originally posted in 2011 and updated in 2017 and 2018.