This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
love cookie dough. I also love chocolate and peanut butter.
When I was making cookies last week I decided to forego the baking. And these Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars were born.
I have been eating raw cookie dough all my life. I even have a recipe for “Forget the cookies just give me the batter” Chocolate Chip Cookies…and it was. I’d always want to forget the baking and just eat the dough. (In fact, that recipe is what inspired this one.)
A few years ago I received a copy of Lindsay Landis’ book, The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook. It was then I realized it was perfectly acceptable to eat raw cookie dough…if you left out the eggs. *Mind Blown*
Since then I’ve made lots of cookie dough treats. And this week, I’m going to share two more! It’s cookie dough week with some of my favorite blogger friends and each of us are sharing two amazing recipes with you featuring eggless eat-all-you-want cookie dough.
Last week I shared some Dark Chocolate Pudding Cookies with y’all. Since I tasted that batter (I mean, it’s a job requirement) I knew my next cookie dough recipe had to be chocolate. DARK chocolate. I was thinking truffles, but then I remembered Aimee’s Malt Ball Cookie Dough Bars. And Averie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars.
Bars. Of cookie dough. Like a truffle without rolling. Like bark without breaking. Genius!
These cookie dough bars couldn’t be simpler.
1. Make cookie dough without eggs. Substitute 1 tablespoon milk for each egg to replace wetness.
2. Press cookie dough into pan.
3. Realize you’re working with chocolate which means you need peanut butter. #itsalaw #okayitsnot #butitshouldbe
4. Melt some peanut butter into white chocolate chips. Spread over top.
7. Die of happiness.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars. Like fudge, but it’s cookie dough. Like a peanut butter cup but better.
You have to make them. You just do. #itsalaw #okayitsnot #butitshouldbe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder or you can use regular unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter I use Skippy Naturals
- Line an 8x8” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. The foil is for easy removal.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars. Mix in vanilla and milk until smooth. Mix in cocoa powder.
- Beat in flour and until well blended. Press into prepared pan.
- Place white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, for about 1 minute. It may need an extra 15-30 seconds depending on your microwave. Spread over cookie dough in pan. Chill until set.
- Once hardened (about 2 hours), remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before slicing so that the topping doesn’t shatter. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Click here to see more PEANUT BUTTER recipes!
It’s Cookie Dough Week! A bunch of my friends and I got together and made cookie dough recipes for you.
Check out all their posts:
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Sandies from White Lights on Wednesday
Cookie Dough Cake Roll from Grandbaby Cakes
Peanut butter cookie dough topped brownies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars from Back For Seconds
Cookie Dough Buckeyes from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pizza from Life, Love and Sugar
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Bars from Crazy for Crust
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Nutter Butters from The Gunny Sack
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookie Cups from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Chess Pie from The Domestic Rebel
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cups from Simply Gloria
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies from Kitchen Meets Girl
Cookie Dough S’mores Dip from Beyond Frosting
Other cookie dough goodness:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fondue
Patriotic Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bark
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Truffles
Last Updated on February 2, 2023
This recipe looked interesting until I saw that you do not cook the dough. It is not safe to eat uncooked flour since it could be a breeding ground for e coli and other bacteria. Not cool!
You can cook your flour before adding it if you prefer.
just made these !! sooo good. I do think the sugar in the base could be cut down a little but will definitely be making again. im going to have to put them in the freezer so I dont eat the lot in one go !
I’m so glad you guys decided to do this whole cookie dough week thing. I’m loving it!
Cookie Dough in bar form? Oh heck yea.
Holy cow, these bars look insanely delicious! Love all the layers – peanut butter and chocolate cookie dough? I would die of happiness with just one bite and definitely have to make these – I mean it’s the law right? Pinned 🙂