This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Sip into summer vacation with this super easy mango smoothie recipe. It has 4 simple ingredients to make a creamy and refreshing smoothie that can be enjoyed for a healthy breakfast or dessert.
Table of Contents
Easy Mango Smoothie Recipe
What can you do with one mango? If you know how to cut one, slice the mango into chunks and freeze it for this simple smoothie recipe. Or you can do what I did and use store-bought mango sorbet to make this recipe as easy as can be.
All you will need to make this mango banana smoothie are 4 ingredients that you may already have. This is the perfect breakfast or snack! I love healthy breakfast smoothies, especially if they taste like a milkshake!
- Mango: You’ll want frozen mango chunks. Either purchase frozen or chop up a fresh mango and freeze it for 2 hours.
- Milk: I replaced dairy milk with my favorite unsweetened almond milk since it gives everything an earthy flavor that I love. You must try these recipes with almond milk to see what I mean by earthy flavor; coffee cake, muffins, pancakes, and cupcakes.
- Banana: one ripe banana for extra sweetness. You can replace the banana with any fruit. I tried this healthy breakfast smoothie recipe with strawberries for a refreshing strawberry mango smoothie.
- Honey: to taste. Add more or less of what I did in this recipe.
How to make a mango smoothie
- Place frozen mango chunks and one ripe banana in the blender.
- Add some honey to taste and milk to blend.
- Blend until you get a smooth and creamy texture. Be sure there are no frozen mango chunks in your smoothie.
- Taste and add more honey as needed for the sweetness desired.
- Pour into glasses and serve. I love to garnish this summer drink with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Mango smoothies are known to provide lots of necessary vitamins and provide lots of health benefits.
Yes. Mangos are naturally thick and creamy making them perfect without the use of a banana.
To make a mango pineapple smoothie, replace 1 cup of the mango with frozen pineapple chunks or reduce milk to 1 cup and use 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
Mango Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups (280g) frozen mango chunks
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1½ cups nondairy milk (or regular milk)
- Place frozen mango and banana in a blender. Add honey and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more honey as needed for sweetness desired. Pour into glasses.
- Want this to be a pineapple mango smoothie? Replace 1 cup of the mango with frozen pineapple chunks or reduce milk to 1 cup and use 1/2 cup pineapple juice.
- You can also use orange juice in place of some of the milk for a mango orange smoothie.
- Swap agave or maple syrup for the honey, or omit if desired.
- Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make this a higher protein smoothie.
- Add rum to make a boozy smoothie!
Last Updated on May 24, 2023