This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This epic Lemon Milkshake Recipe is your summer vacation in a cup. It’s bright and refreshing and lots of fun when you add some cookies to the mix. In just 15 minutes, you can enjoy this delicious milkshake that tastes like your favorite lemon pie.
Table of Contents
Epic Lemon Milkshake Recipe
Craving lemon desserts but don’t want to feel the oven heat? I feel you. Luckily we can still enjoy our lemon pie dessert except in milkshake form!
This “Crazy Shake” Lemon Milkshake recipe is the perfect go-to: It’s not only quick to make but it’s the ultimate lemon flavored refreshment! The citrus lemon plus the creamy vanilla ice cream combined create the perfect summer combination. Plus this easy lemon milkshake recipe is gluten free!
- Ice cream: You can use any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt. I’m using Vanilla ice cream for this
- Instant lemon pudding mix: use regular or sugar free pudding mix
- Milk: use your favorite milk or nondairy milk
- Lemon extract: to add the lemon flavor you will love. If you don’t have this you could squeeze some fresh lemon juice.
- Vanilla Frosting: for topping the glass
- Golden Oreos: this is also great with Nilla Wafers or shortbread cookies
- Whipped Cream: for topping
How to make Lemon Shakes
- Frost the rim of the glass with vanilla frosting. Crush a few Golden Oreos and roll the glass in the crushed cookies to stick to the frosting.
- Place ice cream, pudding mix, extract and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Top with whipped cream and cookies.
Expert Tips & Variations
- If you can’t find the lemon pudding mix, use vanilla instant and then up the lemon extract to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Switch up the flavors by using and kind of pudding mix!
- To make this milkshake vegan, use your favorite non dairy ice cream and milk.
- This serves one but you can split that into 2 servings or double up the recipe easily.
Yes, you can double this recipe. Just be mindful of the doubled measurements.
To thicken your milkshake add more ice cream.
Lemon Pie Milkshake Recipe
- Frost the outside of your glass with vanilla frosting. Crush 2 cookies and roll the glass in them to coat.
- Place ice cream, pudding mix, and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into serving glass.
- Top with whipped cream and another cookie.
- Add a bit of lemon extract for more lemon flavor
- If you can’t find lemon pudding mix, use vanilla and add lemon extract
- You can use any kind of milk (regular or nondairy)
- Use any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt you like
- Any cookies work well in this (shortbread would be fantastic too)
Last Updated on March 23, 2023