This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Eggnog Pie – a cream pie made with eggnog! This easy pie recipe has only 4 ingredients and could easily be made completely no-bake with a different crust.
Table of Contents
No Bake Eggnog Pie
Eggnog. You either love it or you hate it. There are very few people I’ve encountered that like it “a little.” Unlike gingerbread or peppermint…eggnog is eggnog. Kind of no matter where you put it.
I fall in the “LOVE IT!” category for eggnog. I’ve loved it since I was a little girl. I remember getting a carton of it as soon as it was available in the store and enjoying little glasses of it with my Dad throughout the holiday. Which is why it astonishes me that (1) Jordan doesn’t really like it (I guess she’s her father’s daughter) and (2) that I’ve never made dessert with it before.
Eggnog pie is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients; it’s perfect for Christmas or even Thanksgiving!
Ingredients in Eggnog Cream Pie
This pie has only 4 ingredients: pie crust, instant pudding mix, egg nog, and whipped cream. That’s IT! It comes together in no time at all, and if you wanted to you could make it a no-bake pie by using an Oreo or Shortbread Crust instead.
I made my own whipped cream from heavy whipping cream, but you can also use Cool Whip if you want. No judgements here! 99% of the time I do use Cool Whip. The pudding mix and the whipped cream make the pie super light. It’s like eating air. Which has no calories. So this pie has no calories! (Right?)
How to make Eggnog Pie
- Make your crust – cool it if using a pastry pie crust.
- Make the freshly whipped cream.
- Whisk pudding mix and eggnog, then fold in whipped cream.
- Place in pie crust and chill.
- Top the pie with more whipped cream before serving.
Only freeze this pie if you make it with Cool Whip in place of fresh whipped cream.
This will only keep about 24 hours so it’s best to make it the same day you plan to serve it.
- 1 all butter pie crust or frozen or from a pack of two, or my homemade crust recipe
- 1 cup (237ml) cold heavy whipping cream (or 8 ounces/226g Cool Whip)
- 1 tablespoon (7g) powdered sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce box INSTANT vanilla pudding
- 1 ⅔ cups (397ml) eggnog
- Ground nutmeg optional (for garnish)
- If using a refrigerated crust, unroll and place in a 9″ pie plate. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust with the tines of a fork. Bake crust according to package directions. Cool before filling. (You can also use this crust, pressed into a 9″ pan, poked with the tines of a fork and baked at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.)
- If making fresh whipped cream, place cold whipping cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
- Place pudding mix and eggnog in a large bowl. Stir until no lumps remain. Let set for 5 minutes. Fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream (or Cool Whip). Pour into cooled pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before finishing.
- Before serving, top with remaining whipped cream or Cool Whip and grated nutmeg (optional). Store in refrigerator.
- You can use sugar-free pudding. You’ll want to use 1.5 ounce size for sugar-free or 3.4-3.9 ounces for regular instant.
- Be sure to reserve some of the freshly whipped cream or cool whip for the top of the pie – you’re only adding 1 cup to the pudding.
- Use only dairy-based eggnog or the pudding won’t set up.
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**
- See more of my ultimate pie recipes here!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- No Bake Butterscotch Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Other eggnog recipes you’ll love:
- Frosted Eggnog Spice Bars with Gingersnap Streusel by The Domestic Rebel
- Eggnog Rice Krispie Treats by Mallow & Co.
- Eggnog Fudge by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
- Eggnog Martini by Nutmeg Nanny
Easy Eggnog Pie! This creamy pudding pie has a pastry crust and TONS of eggnog flavor – you can even make it a no bake pie!
Last Updated on December 3, 2022