Roasting vegetables makes them SO good – and that goes for my Roasted Cauliflower Recipe too! I am really picky about my cauliflower so if I like it roasted, then so will you!
Bonus: this is coated in parmesan and herbs for a delicious twist on my new favorite vegetable.
I don’t know who discovered roasting vegetables and made it mainstream but I want to hug them. I absolutely would choose any vegetable over fruit, but I still don’t love eating my veggies. A sure-fire way to get me to eat almost any vegetable is to roast it.
Cauliflower, like Brussels sprouts, is kind of an acquired taste, I think. It’s a strong flavor that not everyone loves. I know I did NOT like it growing up at all. I loved broccoli cooked however but cauliflower? NOPE.
When I was a kid the only way people cooked vegetables were steaming and microwaving and I definitely didn’t like cauliflower cooked either way. I always said I didn’t like it and avoided it like the plague until I tried it roasted. Then I became a cauliflower convert!
Roasting cauliflower gives it so much flavor – you will love this easy roasted cauliflower recipe, I promise.
Where and how to buy cauliflower:
You can buy cauliflower in any grocery store. Make sure that the white florets are white and free of any dark spots or mushy areas. Fresh cauliflower will keep up to a week in the refrigerator if you buy it at the right time, so be sure to inspect it before buying.
How do you cut and prepare cauliflower for roasting?
The stem of a cauliflower is hard to work around. I like to cut the head in half and then cut off as much of the thick stem as possible before slicing the florets. Once the stem is dealt with, you cut or break the cauliflower into florets much like broccoli.
They sell cauliflower already sliced (or even riced!) in the prepared foods aisle. Those are perfectly fine to buy, just be sure to check the dates for the freshest produce. Those packages have a sneaky way of being outdated!
Once the florets are sliced, wash them well and then drain.
Then it’s time to make my favorite parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe!
How do you roast cauliflower?
It’s simple to do:
- Decide on your seasonings.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up (optional) and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven, rotating the pan and stirring it once or twice, until the cauliflower is nice and golden. This will take 25-30 minutes, depending on the size of your florets.
How to season this roasted cauliflower recipe:
Vegetables taste better with tons of seasoning! Salt and pepper are fine but adding herbs and garlic and parmesan just make the meal more enjoyable. This recipe uses:
I love adding parmesan cheese to veggies – it makes them so good. Just be sure to get the grated parmesan (i.e. from the green canister), not the shredded kind.
This parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe is picky eater approved!
What do you eat cauliflower with?
Anything! Here are our favorite meals to serve this with, and some of my other favorite roasted vegetable recipes:
- Spicy Shrimp and Peppers
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Parmesan Roasted Zucchini
- Garlic Roasted Green Beans
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @crazyforcrust on Instagram or hashtag it #crazyforcrust
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Tip: don’t use foil; you want the cauliflower to bake right on the cookie sheet.
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting it from the stem and cutting into florets like you would broccoli.
- Toss the cut cauliflower with the olive oil, spices, and parmesan. Place it on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during roasting, until they’re golden brown.
- This is great as a side dish.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate
Learn how to roast cauliflower with parmesan! This is an easy side dish! Roasting vegetables makes them taste so good and adding parmesan to cauliflower takes it to another level.
All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be accurate.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
Published on: January 9, 2020