This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This Easy Sausage Breakfast Sandwich recipe is simple yet has so much flavor, plus it’s freezer friendly making this the ultimate meal prep breakfast recipe. Skip the drive through line and enjoy a freshly homemade breakfast!
Table of Contents
Easy Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches
Why start your day with the busy morning rush for a sloppy breakfast sandwich that was quickly thrown in a bag? Instead, enjoy a fresh and juicy sausage breakfast sandwich that can be made in under 20 minutes.
This is one of my favorite breakfast prep sandwiches because it’s perfect for freezing. I usually make about 8 of these and save them in the freezer to enjoy throughout the week. This is one of our favorite breakfast sandwich recipes!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re made with pre-cooked sausage patties and pesto sauce, making this the ultimate breakfast for any champ to start their day. Loaded with protein and flavor yet so quick and easy to make.
- It only takes 4 simple ingredients to start your day off right with this easy sausage breakfast sandwich.
- I’ll also share some other easy variations for you to switch up your breakfast sandwich every now and then.
- Sausage patties: Using precooked sausage patties makes life easier! Use your favorite brand and flavor.
- Cheese: I’m using white cheddar cheese since it pairs great with the pesto sauce
- English muffins: to make the classic sausage breakfast sandwich
- Pesto Sauce: we love the flavor of homemade pesto, but you can buy a jar if you prefer.
How to make breakfast sandwiches
- Place the sausage patties in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sizzling, then flip.
- Add half slice cheddar cheese to 4 patties (you can also add cheese to all 8 if you prefer). Cover the pan and let them cook until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toast the English muffins.
- Spread some pesto on the bottom of an English muffin. Add 2 sausage patties and top with additional pesto and the top of the muffin.
- Serve immediately.
- You can make scrambled or fried eggs, but I love the classic folded egg in sandwiches. It looks professional but made right at home so it’s perfect.
- How to freeze: Assemble the sandwiches and let them cool. Wrap in plastic and freeze until ready to eat.
- To reheat your sandwich, you could just microwave it or air fry it to make the bread toasty.
Yes! This sausage breakfast sandwich is freezer friendly, making it a convenient option for meal prep. Make a few then freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Cook your egg apart from the jimmy dean sausage then assemble your breakfast sandwich as desired.
Sausage Pesto Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 box 8 count Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Sausage Patties (Original or Turkey)
- 2-4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 English muffins
- Pesto Sauce
- Place patties in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sizzling, then flip.
- Add half slice cheddar cheese to 4 patties (you can also add cheese to all 8 if you prefer). Cover
- pan and let cook until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins.
- Spread some pesto on the bottom of an English muffin. Add 2 sausage patties and top with
- additional pesto and the top of the muffin.
- Serve immediately.
- Want to use fresh sausage? Grab a 1-pound Jimmy Dean Sausage Roll and slice into 8 equal pieces.
- Cook until no longer pink, flipping halfway through. Once sausage is almost cooked, add the cheese and cover to melt.