This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, read my disclosure policy.
This quick Sausage Stuffing recipe takes just 15 minutes and is the perfect addition to any meal, but especially Thanksgiving. It’s semi-homemade but you’d never know it – it tastes like it’s made from scratch!
Table of Contents
While I absolutely adore my cornbread stuffing recipe, this easy italan sausage stuffing recipe is a close second. It’s quick and simple and the ingredients are easy to find – plus my entire family loved it.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Takes just 15 minutes!
- Simple to make with semi-homemade ingredients
- It was a crowd pleaser!
What you need to make Sausage Stuffing
It’s easy to doctor up boxed stuffing mix with just a few ingredients:
- Sausage: I used Italian sausage but you could also use any bulk pork sausage you like.
- Fresh Vegetables: adding some diced onion, celery and garlic brightens up the boxed stuffing mix and makes it look and taste more homemade.
- Herbs: I added Italian seasoning to the stuffing to add to the flavor.
- Ingredients on the box: chicken stock and butter are added to make the stuffing, like the box calls for.
How to make 15 minute Sausage Stuffing
- Brown the sausage with the onion, celery, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage until it’s no longer pink, then drain any excess fat.
- Once the sausage is done, add the herbs and butter.
- Add the stock and stir to combine.
- Stir in the stuffing mix (bread cubes with seasonings). Stir to combine then let sit as directed on the box and fluff to serve.
- Serve in a large serving bowl with roast turkey and lots of gravy.
This recipe is done in under 15 minutes!
You can use any kind of sausage you want – Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage or even Jimmy Dean Sausage – anything you like. Turkey sausage would be great too!
I do not recommend stuffing this in the turkey – it’s done quickly on the stovetop.
This recipe doesn’t require any egg – it’s an egg free stuffing. recipe.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze any leftovers in air tight containers for up to 2 months.
Easy Sausage Stuffing
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ½ medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 6 ounce box Great Value stuffing mix
- Cook Italian sausage, celery, and onion in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. If needed, drain fat from pan.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, chicken stock and butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then stir in stuffing mix. Remove from heat and cover, let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve hot.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes
In 2020, Ibotta, the shopping app, partnered with Walmart and Feeding America to give away free dinners to Americans this Thanksgiving. Consumers who used the Ibotta app and browser extension can receive cash back on all the products they need for a Thanksgiving dinner, which feeds a family of 5. Ibotta sponsored this post in 2020 but it has been updated.
Easy Sausage Stuffing is the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving or anytime you want stuffing in 15 minutes! This stuffing adds sausage and fresh flavors to boxed stuffing mix – no one will guess it’s semi-homemade.
Last Updated on November 1, 2022